• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

kmfdmpig

dc rebirth was a real piece of shit comic

I thought it was great.

I suspect that it was also responsible for a fair amount of the success Rebirth in general has had.

What specifically didn't work for you? Was it trying to cover too much ground and not really focusing on any particular character enough?

Owzers

I thought rebirth was a jumbled piece of universe trash like a marvel point one preview issue. Doesn't help that I don't care about any Wally.

mreddie

dc rebirth was a real piece of shit comic

giphy.gif

It was ok, not trash, but ok.

Rebirth is your drunk dad coming home clean and sober to finally make up all those years of abandoning you. Do you forgive him or do you hold a grudge against him?

And he's also wearing a smily face button with a little blood on it for some reason.

I loved it. Brought me back to comics.

The funny thing I thought was that it was probably really confusing for anyone who was not up at least a little bit on stuff going on with DC. I had followed most of DCYou and the Darkseid War and I was still confused on the Pandora part and some other stuff.(I think that's her name)

I liked Rebirth because it was a little like DC finally dropping the facade of treating Watchmen with any respect. It was a craven move in spirit and I can respect DC embracing an honest identity.

Don't think it was good on a technical level but I only read it once. I'm also never looking for high level writing from Johns when it comes to anything neck deep in the muck of continuity

The funny thing I thought was that it was probably really confusing for anyone who was not up at least a little bit on stuff going on with DC. I had followed most of DCYou and the Darkseid War and I was still confused on the Pandora part and some other stuff.(I think that's her name)

There were some things that were lost upon me, but I had enough knowledge of the DC universe to understand it for the most part.

Pins are way too big and thus suspiciously non-canon.

Woah you're right. I just checked, it was too big in Rebirth too

Shenanigans
SUPERBOY PRIME REALITY PUNCH AFFECTED THE SIZE
I wonder how often artists have to endure requests for "that pose where her boobs and ass stick out" at cons
I want to know how many people straight up request fucking. Like "I need you to support my Black Widow/Dum Dum Dugan ship via a picture of their fucking." Of course, If I was the artist, I would oblige by drawing Black Widow attempting to dry hump the glass coffin in which Dugan sleeps.
I want to fight thah guy in a Soulsgame

2500093-8827869468-tumbl.gif

Close enough

Can someone recommend some recent comics that are self contained? I dont read a lot of comics because I feel like they rely on prior information from lots of past books

The important thing about the Flash/Batman crossover is Howard Porter drawing the Flash issues.

Looks like Porter is off Scooby Doo Apocalypse and being replaced by Chris Batista. I don't read SDA but its still good to see. Batista is too talented to not have regular comics work.

Can someone recommend some recent comics that are self contained? I dont read a lot of comics because I feel like they rely on prior information from lots of past books
A lot of books don't rely on prior information unless you let yourself think they do. Regardless, how recent? Past year? Two years? Five years? Decade? Marvel? DC? Indie?

Or just fucking anything?
Is Tim Drake a fan of Drake

Good question. He for sure loves Jay-Z and 50 Cent.

Top Bottom