• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Messi

CBR forums want a HYDRA twist for Nadia, want Spider Woman to stay and want Aaron off of Strange.

And a pony.

giphy.gif

pa22word

Anybody check out God country? Thought it looked interesting but have already blown my weekly comics budget on southern bastards, outcast, the spread, and invisible republic. If it's not amazing I'd rather just wait out a sale or something.

Now that Rebirth trades are coming in, I kind of want every single one of them. Already bought Superman, going to buy WW, Deathstroke, Titans and AC. Curious about Trinity, both GL books, Flash, New Superman and Titans.

Was really considering JL since I pretty much buy every JL book but I think just about everyone says it's hot garbage right now.

caliph95

CBR forums want a HYDRA twist for Nadia, want Spider Woman to stay and want Aaron off of Strange.

And a pony.

Can't disagree on Spider-woman and the Nadia twist expect replace Hydra with red room could happen but i hope not. Sometimes it's better to ignore them they can be stereotypes of geeks
Not unlike neogaf

mreddie

Can't disagree on Spider-woman and the Nadia twist expect replace Hydra with red room could happen but i hope not. Sometimes it's better to ignore them they can be stereotypes of geeks
Not unlike neogaf

I'm just amazed these guys still want the status quo.

aftershock in 2017 lol

shit yah said the #2 was meh and stopped talking about it every since. haven't seen talk about that book in couple months.

Swing and a miss

Animosity #3: I thought the transition into the post-Wake setting was somewhat rough and awkward last issue, but it's coming together here. All kinds of interesting stuff is going down at
the Animilitary compound.
The inertia of the
power shift
is well conveyed here, as is the more clearly established presence of those who are struggling against it.

There's something really clever going on here with the art, the way the
animals with weapons are portrayed
. In the dialogue, everyone seems
militant and confident in their new position of power, and in their assertion of their newfound authority
. But there's some stuff going on with the art that is seriously
goofy as fuck which I think is 100% intentional
. Like...
a deer with six hand grenades dangling from string on his antlers?? LOL. What is that dude planning to do in a fight. Is he just going to stand around while some kind of primate plucks the grenades one by one from his antlers? Which is...better than just having them in a box behind cover, I guess? Somehow?
This better not be a tease. This is a
Chekhov's antlers
situation. That has to happen next issue.

Which promises to be a hell of an issue, by the way. This just in,
humans are still pretty shitty and very very stupid
. But I do think all the visual cues point to this
being a disaster for both sides

I am happy the cover for #4 at the back seems to indicate
we are picking up some new crew members
. This is much needed, and
Bee is delightful
. Oh, and as if I couldn't possibly love Sandor any more than I already do, he
was the runt just like my beloved dog, whose middle name is actually Barristan
. Isn't it interesting, though, how quickly
this organic reversal of ownership has happened
?

I haven't read the December issue yet, that's why it's been awhile

Messi

aftershock in 2017 lol

shit yah said the #2 was meh and stopped talking about it every since. haven't seen talk about that book in couple months.

true, I don't read much valiant :p

Not everybody posts reviews of everything they read. I'd venture almost everybody actually.

aftershock in 2017 lol

true, I don't read much valiant :p

I mean, I don't think everyone can read everything. And Valiant only makes up like 10% of what I read...

TheFlow

Banned
Swing and a miss

I haven't read the December issue yet, that's why it's been awhile

well I did say a couple months.

Not everybody posts reviews of everything they read. I'd venture almost everybody actually.
true there are like 3 of us left who do reviews. The last of the mohicans

I mean, I don't think everyone can read everything. And Valiant only makes up like 10% of what I read...

Did you not write this
well, come on, we already established you're not in the know on everything :p
I agreed with you? and said I don't read much valiant. what do you want from me? lol

Messi

I've had a rough week at work, and picked up some more Batman Lego for a pick me up. Got doubles of pool party Batman and a (third) Nurse Harley if anyone wants them, let me know.

I forgot to message you today. Harley arrived safe and sound. Thank you so much. She is adorable.

Messi

Because I don't like Thor and I feel like it's a waste of Aaron's talent.

EDIT: Luckily for the rest of you Marvel never does what I want.

Oh I thought you had a problem with his work. That's fine if you don't like Thor. I do and think this is some great career work.

mreddie

Fuck, next week is fucking heavy load wise, I may cut off 2-3 books especially as classes start again.

Oh wait, Squadron is ending anyways and I do want to see how it ends.
But Hellcat I feel needs the sales

All goes to hell next month because Marvel hates LCS so...

Top Bottom