• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

TheFlow

Banned
Nintendo sent the switch to die. look at the controller prices and launch games.

Marvel has a lot coming out next but a bunch of those books were borderline drop tier for me. Gamora, Venom, and Wakanda.

mreddie

Nintendo won

Back to Demon's Souls

Switch 300 bucks tho.

Nintendo sent the switch to die. look at the controller prices and launch games.

Marvel has a lot coming out next but a bunch of those books were borderline drop tier for me. Gamora, Venom, and Wakanda.

Paid Online and 300, the only thing it has is the mobility factor, you gotta convince people that's good.

Also, yeah, Venom 3 will decide whether to drop or keep.

AND FUCK MU AND CLONE ARE NEXT WEEK TOO?

FACK.

Messi

I read the first 4 issues of Sorcerers Supreme . Javier Rodriguez art is still good but he is wasted here. The book is boring. I love the design of the conjurer but that's about it. Not going to keep getting it.

drsss2016004_cov.jpg

57aa43a3dba99.jpg

Love her style

TheFlow

Banned
Did you see the controller prices? Jesus. Each joycon is $50, or $80 for two. And the pro controller is $70. Jesus fuck.

that is what I am saying. They are literally making it pricer than the ps4, but with Shoddy Nintendo practices. So don't expect much from online.

that is what I am saying. They are literally making it pricer than the ps4, but with Shoddy Nintendo practices. So don't expect much from online.

I would have been skittish about buying the thing in the first place given how the lifecycles of their last few consoles went. But toss in the ridiculous accessory pricing and the disaster paid online is shaping up to be. No. Fuck no.

Hard pass on Switch which is what I expected. I don't have time for Nintendo games anymore anyway. Maybe someday when it's cheap so I can finally replace this Wii.

I read the first 4 issues of Sorcerers Supreme . Javier Rodriguez art is still good but he is wasted here. The book is boring. I love the design of the conjurer but that's about it. Not going to keep getting it.

Yeah completely agree. Too bad.

mreddie

In before someone says XBONE and PS4 were more expensive at launch.

I think I dropped it last issue, yeah, sucks this drove Rodriguez from Spider Woman, Fish is a good replacement though but that's kinda ending now.

Yeah, I don't think this will last by #7

GAMEPROFF

Banned
A couple things do. But not enough to offset the hardware pricing and the fucking longevity risk this thing is going to be.

The price is a joke. I would pay 430€ for the Zelda-Homeconsole-Package when Reggie himself would ride on a Yoshi to my house and let the console plug in my a Pikmin army.

I am looking forward to the endless Switch jokes, I must say

I just read Midnighter and Apollo #4 and I think I have to be done for tonight. I cannot absorb any more comic-induced happiness

What a fucking awesome comic. Midnighter is THE KING and if this series is all we see of him for the rest of the year DC fucked up bad

That's why they can rush things

Well yeah, because people lose their minds where Nintendo is involved. And they're going to get fucking fleeced this time. $250 to $300 isn't a bad price for the family-oriented console Nintendo always strives for. But adding in $70-$80 controllers and a game or two is going to balloon the price of entry above a PS4 or Xbox One.

PsychBat!

Banned
launch line up
- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

Sandfox

launch line up
- 1, 2 Switch
- The Legend of Zelda: BotW
- Just Dance 2017
- Has Been Heroes
- Snipperclips
- Super Bomberman R
- Disgaea 5 Complete
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Rayman Legends
- Steep
- Skylanders: Imaginators
- I Am Setsuna

Puyo Puyo Tetris at launch is amazing.

Dalek

Love her style

You're not kidding about this book. It's dull as dishwater.

I can't believe I let myself get hyped for the Switch. Only Zelda and Mario interest me and the latter won't come out until the end of the year? The only reason I was interested was because I thought with only one platform to support Nintendo would announce a bevy of games. This shit is a no-buy for this year so wake me up if they got their shit together in 2018.

Tizoc

I can't believe I let myself get hyped for the Switch. Only Zelda and Mario interest me and the latter won't come out until the end of the year? The only reason I was interested was because I thought with only one platform to support Nintendo would announce a bevy of games. This shit is a no-buy for this year so wake me up if they got their shit together in 2018.
I should give them credit for launching zelda with the switch and there are a few new neat games to pick up along woth it like bomberman
So the launch is decent but yeah after that there may be a droight

Also can we pleaee acknwoledge the fact that the ea guy did not want to be there and his facial expression is how some people feel about the swotch now?

ElNarez

Banned
y'all are impatient motherfuckers who don't realize it's a marathon, not a sprint

if they had all of the games they showed at launch, you'd be complaining that you have no time or disposable income to buy all these games at once

nintendo dropping a rock-solid banger every other month is how they get you on the hook for every single one of them

I should give them credit for launching zelda with the switch and there are a few new neat games to pick up along woth it like bomberman
So the launch is decent but yeah after that there may be a droight

Also can we pleaee acknwoledge the fact that the ea guy did not want to be there and his facial expression is how some people feel about the swotch now?
I will never give them credit for continuously hold previous announced Zelda hostage behind New hw. Crap move with twilight princess and crap move now.

They keep doing this every time they roll out a new system. They killed the last year of sw lineup for what? They will do it again with the switch

Tizoc

I will never give them credit for continuously hold previous announced Zelda hostage behind New hw. Crap move with twilight princess and crap move now.

They keep doing this every time they roll out a new system. They killed the last year of sw lineup for what? They will do it again with the switch
I never had a wii u but i kno about how people needed to pay a fee to use their vc purchases on the new hardware which even i found to be irritating esp. With the crossbuy concept the sony systems use.
Ninty's business models and decesions dont seem to make lots of their (older/prior} consumer base happy

VanWinkle

I have to get away from the gaming section. This presentation sapped every drop of the huge amount of excitement I had for the Switch. I cannot get over how disappointed I am. I will buy it...eventually, for games like Mario and some hopeful other great Nintendo games at some point, but four hours ago I had multiple tabs open and refreshing, reading and waiting to preorder. Now? Who knows. Maybe next year.

VanWinkle

-$299
-Paid Online
-With online subscription, one NES or SNES game per month to play during the duration of that month (I had to bold all of this since it's all insane)
-Online features like voice chat done through a smartphone app, only on games that support voice chat
-$80 for two Joy-Cons, $70 for Pro Controller
-Power-wise the same as the console with touchscreen controller and off-TV play they released 5 years ago
-Two Nintendo games at launch: one that was announced for Wii U years ago and was almost assuredly held off for the release of this console, and some bizarre shovelware-looking minigame collection
-32GB built-in storage in a 2017 console

I just...I CAN'T.

I've had a rough week at work, and picked up some more Batman Lego for a pick me up. Got doubles of pool party Batman and a (third) Nurse Harley if anyone wants them, let me know.
I could take them. The release of them have been delayed a month here in Sweden so my little sister would probably be happy.
He's kind of a big deal. :p

I've been watching him drawing on twitch recently and him and Linda are actually really funny.
I really wish he had a small contract with DC for 12 covers a year or something. I need more WW and Harley from him~

-$299
-Paid Online
-With online subscription, one NES or SNES game per month to play during the duration of that month (I had to bold all of this since it's all insane)
-Online features like voice chat done through a smartphone app, only on games that support voice chat
-Power-wise the same as the console with touchscreen controller and off-TV play they released 5 years ago
-Two Nintendo games at launch: one that was announced for Wii U years ago and was almost assuredly held off for the release of this console, and some bizarre shovelware-looking minigame collection

I just...I CAN'T.

Yep, couldn't even get a COD game for launch. I'm not Switching. That price won't be lowered for its entire lifetime.

Owzers

-$299
-Paid Online

I just...I CAN'T.

Doesn't it feel weird that Zelda games get delayed and released on the next platform because your systems die earlier than expected? It's creepy.

VanWinkle

y'all are just looking for reasons to dump on the switch and it's fucking killing me that it's where we're at

Bro. Like I just said, I had EVERY INTENTION IN THE WORLD to preorder this thing. Had multiple tabs open, ready to go. I was talking to people about it, hyped like crazy. My income tax refund is coming around February and I had already set aside $350 in my budget to buy it.

Top Bottom