• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

Hagi

What is this supposed to be. I am reading it and still confused by this

It's kind of subtle if you aren't familiar with the costume but
that's New 52 Supes costume minus the turtle neck

haha not really a spoiler though seeing as someone made a thread

Love Is Love's third printing(that's out in a month)is already mostly sold out purely from pre-orders so they're preparing to launch a 4th printing.

The cover to the issue before that one looks more spoiler-y but the arc is called Superman Reborn so...:
ac_cv976h3jf9.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
From the press release it's not even that big of a deal just a new costume. I like it though, the red boots really make a difference.
Dude I misread what you wrote I thought
new 52 superman was coming back
my bad. I like the look.

Urgh, can't wait for KH2.8.

When does that even come out? Is it mixed in with the nine million other releases in the first quarter of this year?

Breath of the Wild looks fantastic but for £300+? No thanks Nintendo. I'll stick with the PS4 and Xbone for now.

The console price isn't even bad. It's the accessory prices that are really the nail in the coffin.

So any word on a hardcover r the like collecting all of hellboy in hell?

Haven't heard anything yet, but I'd be shocked if they didn't release a library edition of it eventually.

Sillymonkey

WHY WOULD YOU SHOW THAT TO SILLYMONKEY AND NOT ME. He will buy it and complain about the face. I will buy it and display it instead of the Zatanna bishoujo with the Gerber baby face.

Messi

goddamnit those idiots

Sex Criminals cover is also great

When does that even come out? Is it mixed in with the nine million other releases in the first quarter of this year?

The console price isn't even bad. It's the accessory prices that are really the nail in the coffin.

Haven't heard anything yet, but I'd be shocked if they didn't release a library edition of it eventually.

WHY WOULD YOU SHOW THAT TO SILLYMONKEY AND NOT ME. He will buy it and complain about the face. I will buy it and display it instead of the Zatanna bishoujo with the Gerber baby face.

I'm not talking to you anymore.

Boogiepop

Man, I can see people being down on Switch and a number of the things do piss me off (mainly paid online stings bad. Gonna be a toss up if they can push me into even considering it depending on how nasty the price tag is, but I'm not exactly thinking that's gonna go positively. And the controller prices are stupid, but since they jacked way way up in the last generation in general anyway, I honestly haven't bought an extra controller for a console in years...)

But with all that said, the stuff they did show clicked with me HARD. Zelda looks amazing, Mario looks amazing, hyped as hell for Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors is niche as hell but I fall right in that niche, and that Arms game actually looks promising. And while I'm not confident on 3rd parties being good for people in general, it looks to be bringing it pretty hard on the (J)RPG front, which is the big one for me. Heck, even that little Snipperclips or whatever thing that I assumed was a throwaway actually looked damn good in the extended footage from this morning. And freaking region free is a tiny thing for most people but a total bombshell announcement for me. So yeah, not exactly crazy about the launch (though it's hard to think of the last time I have been for one), but it honestly looks pretty solid for a first year, especially if they can pull out the heavily rumored Pokemon Stars. If nothing else, I think they should definitely be able to make this thing work for them in Japan, and for me for sure.

Oh, and comics, right...

I read some more Valiant, now up through the Delinquents in my reading order. That was an enjoyable little thing, though again it didn't hit super hype "man, I really loved that!" level for me.

mreddie

maxresdefault.jpg

Power Man and Iron Fist 11 17,078
Silver Surfer 8 16,217
Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye 15,232
Shade The Changing Girl 3 14,397
Spider-Woman 14 14,232
Prowler 3 13,399
Great Lakes Avengers 3 12,923
Foolkiller 2 11,423
Flintstones 6 10,617
Gotham Academy Second Semester 4 9,751
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 14 9,370
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat 13 8,536
Solo 3 8,158

Ross61

Young Animal gonna keep going as long as Way wants and he's dedicating most of his to comics so I wouldn't worry.

These kinds of book definitely aren't meant to thrive in the direct market.

TheFlow

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Silver Surfer 8 16,217
Spider-Woman 14 14,232
Prowler 3 13,399
Foolkiller 2 11,423
Flintstones 6 10,617
Solo 3 8,158
DC books are safe. Great Lake and power man are going. The rest are already ending anyway.

mreddie

Ready for the swerve? As LOL pointed out, the overshipping helped some numbers at first glance but see how they sold wise?

94 Black Panther World of Wakanda
110 Ghost Rider
125 Occupy Avengers
133 Slapstick
176 Mosaic

kmfdmpig

Silver Surfer 8 16,217
Spider-Woman 14 14,232
Prowler 3 13,399
Foolkiller 2 11,423
Flintstones 6 10,617
Solo 3 8,158

Shame that Flintstones does so poorly. It's such a surprisingly strong book (although I agree that the most recent issue was probably its weakest).

tim1138

My Damian Black and White statue may end up with a Batman after all... that upcoming Breyfogle Batman Black and White is amazing looking.

Top Bottom