• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| January 2017 This is the Dawning of the Age of Apocalypse

My Damian Black and White statue may end up with a Batman after all... that upcoming Breyfogle Batman Black and White is amazing looking.

So people know what you're talking about.
DCC12198.jpg

Ross61

Cullen Bunn will take over Trinity for two issues to deal with Supes, Bats, and Wondy dealing with Mr. Oz. Art by Emanuela Lupacchino.

And Supergirl is tackling Saturn Girl and Emerald Empress in April.

maxresdefault.jpg

Power Man and Iron Fist 11 17,078
Silver Surfer 8 16,217
Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye 15,232
Shade The Changing Girl 3 14,397
Spider-Woman 14 14,232
Prowler 3 13,399
Great Lakes Avengers 3 12,923
Foolkiller 2 11,423
Flintstones 6 10,617
Gotham Academy Second Semester 4 9,751
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur 14 9,370
Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat 13 8,536
Solo 3 8,158
Solo is doing better than I thought.

Hagi

Maybe it'll be cheaper for the initial issues that shops can return and then if it's single shipping the price rises?

How does that work for digital? I only know it's £1.99 because that's what cmx has it priced as on the store for the first two issues.

Lasted about as long as one could hope for.

Barely half a year?

ICv2 said:
You’re going to $2.99 for the books in the "Rebirth" launch. Do you have research that shows trial increases as the price goes down?

Didio said:
You see research that says there’s pricing sensitivity on the product that has the highest rate of demand, and that there’s also a pricing sensitivity for the lesser products, but that also means that their sales drop much more precipitously. We’re seeing a much greater divide between the top and the bottom of our line. We find that the company’s most healthy when we have we have a strong middle. What we’re hoping here is by giving the double shift at a more affordable price that isn’t something to set people off, that they might be more willing to try the books, sample the books and stay with them on a more consistent basis.

Our goal is to sell more books. We could raise prices and sell less copies and be just as profitable, but I think shrinking our market, shrinking our business any more than it has would be detrimental to us all. We shouldn’t be in a situation where we pat ourselves on the back for minimal sales at high prices. We should be trying to be expanding our business as much as possible, especially given the time that we’re in right now where our characters and product has never been more recognized in film, television and other media as well. We should be growing as awareness of our characters are growing and not shrinking. It doesn’t make sense.

This doesn't seem like confidence. It seems like a retreat to traditional, conservative practices.

I do wonder if retailer pressure was a factor. There's more about that later in the interview (link)

Sandfox

Some more DC solicits and so much for line wide $2.99 for Rebirth. That stealth dollar price increase on single shipping books - http://comicvine.gamespot.com/artic...it-reveal-cyborg-aquman-super-so/1100-156327/
I'm guessing they realized that single shipping $3 isn't good money. This could hurt certain books though.
At least it means 90% of Rebirth is still cheap. As long as they keep it to single shipping books...
This is actually closer to half assuming it's every monthly title.
Maybe it'll be cheaper for the initial issues that shops can return and then if it's single shipping the price rises?
I think it's more likely that those books were simply solicited before they decided to do the price raise.

tim1138

Barely half a year?

This doesn't seem like confidence. It seems like a retreat to traditional, conservative practices.

I do wonder if retailer pressure was a factor. There's more about that later in the interview (link)

That was my thought too, this seems like a reaction to their dollar share dropping back to where it was pre Rebirth, not confidence in their numbers.

Messi

Who believes they eventually go back to 3.99 for some double shipping books? Are you willing to buy Arrow or Superman double shipped at 3.99? Very curious

I would for some books

Top Bottom