• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw yeah, lists!

Marvel:
Avengers Arena #12
Daredevil #28
Hawkeye #12
Superior Spider-Man #13
Uncanny X-Men #8
Young Avengers #7

DC:
Batman #22
Justice League #22
Suicide Squad #22
Superman Unchained #2

Indies:
Shadow/Green Hornet: Dark Nights #1 of 5 (Dynamite)
Chew #35 (Image)

sol_bad

List list list!

Avengers Arena #12
Daredevil #28
Hawkeye #12
Hawkeye tradepaper Vol 02 Little Hits - Now
Superior Spider-Man #13
Uncanny X-Men #8

Batman #22
Justice League #22
Nightwing #22
Superman Unchained #2

East Of West #4
Storm Dogs #6 (of 6)
Star Wars #7

BTW I'm really happy I read issue 9 of Indestructible Hulk, the previous two issues did absolutely nothing for me and was about to drop the book. I ended up very satisfied with issue 9, even laughed out loud at one scene.

8bit

Knows the Score
That seems a bit of a stretch, even for bleedingcool.

First interview request for my top secret, miraculous Marvel project, from Comicbookresources, even. Not sure how much I want to actually say … but I suppose I can reveal here and now that my series features a character with a cult following, made famous by an extremely famous and successful British writer a number of years ago. How vague is that?

Hmm, Death's Head or Captain Britain could fit into that description also I think.

I'll be adding Six-Gun Gorilla #2 to my pull list for Wednesday. Looking over Comic Shop News, I see that the reprint for Six-Gun Gorilla #1 is set to be released on the 10th.

I feel like MarvelMan was supposed to appear at the end of Age of Ultron but for whatever reason plans changed so they brought in Angela instead.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I feel like MarvelMan was supposed to appear at the end of Age of Ultron but for whatever reason plans changed so they brought in Angela instead.

the end of age of ultron could have done a bit if angela being brought in was supposed to be big. when marvel got marvelman, did they get his cast too?

Just noticed that most people here seem to read their comics digitally...

My question is what do you guys actually read em on? Phones? Tablets? Maybe i'm oldschool like that but for now i still collect paperbacks and i still enjoy flipping the pages and the way they look on paper hmmm...

Then again, if someday i will inevitably have to go digital, what's the best format to read em on? I just can't imagine a smartphone, seems to small hmm and the PC sucks since i like to carry em around with me.

Just noticed that most people here seem to read their comics digitally...

My question is what do you guys actually read em on? Phones? Tablets? Maybe i'm oldschool like that but for now i still collect paperbacks and i still enjoy flipping the pages and the way they look on paper hmmm...

Then again, if someday i will inevitably have to go digital, what's the best format to read em on? I just can't imagine a smartphone, seems to small hmm and the PC sucks since i like to carry em around with me.

I read on ipad. Which is the gold standard for comic book reading now.

Aw yiss Lists!

Batman #22
Superman Unchained #2
Hawkeye #12
Superior Spider-Man #13
Uncanny X-Men #8
Young Avengers #7

This is going to be a pretty awesome week. Glad to have McKelvie and Bachalo back this week and I guess this is Francavilla's last Hawkeye issue for awhile.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I read on ipad. Which is the gold standard for comic book reading now.

Meh, Nook HD+ is closer to comic book shape (almost exactly) and like 40% brighter.
And for the price of an iPad you could buy three and have $50 left. Oh, and SD slot.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
For our anniversary this year my wife bought me two original pages (penciled and inked) from Green Lantern: New Guardians from when Tyler Kirkham was on the book. Have them framed and hanging up.

Nice.
Original art used to be so, so cheap. I remember at one of the first SDCCs I went to Marc Silvestri had hundreds of '80s Uncanny X-Men pages in a pile for $20 each.

Remember us when you do brah. We always believed.

Hey Harrier, check your PMs.

sK8pz3E.jpg

Owzers

Meh, Nook HD+ is closer to comic book shape (almost exactly) and like 40% brighter.
And for the price of an iPad you could buy three and have $50 left. Oh, and SD slot.

How do you like your nook HD+? It's at a fantastic price of $149/179 for a limited time, 30 extra for double the storage is nice. I already have an ipad 3 so i'm stuck for the moment with ios stuff, but for those that don't it does look really nice.

Except that weird hole at the bottom corner Xo

Problem with my ipad 3 16GB is that hd comixology issues take up about 40-50MB per issue :O :O :O

i'm noticing a lot more 3.99 books that may or may not have back-ups, solicited as 32 pages. Namely Justice League Dark/Justice League/JLoA are all 3.99 32 page solicited, so JLD keeps the 3.99 price coming out of Trinity War. Superman/Wonder Woman and the Damian mini are 3.99. I'm a price stickler. Xo

Drawing the line at $2.99 $3.99!

If any of us were smart we'd just trade-wait everything.

Owzers

Drawing the line at $2.99 $3.99!

If any of us were smart we'd just trade-wait everything.

Which is why it takes a year for a trade to come out :p

Justice League 3000 is intriguing, i might get into that. Green Lantern crossover is a huge maybe, that would be something i'd trade wait if i wouldn't own ps4 second year games by the time it comes out.

How do you like your nook HD+? It's at a fantastic price of $149/179 for a limited time, 30 extra for double the storage is nice. I already have an ipad 3 so i'm stuck for the moment with ios stuff, but for those that don't it does look really nice.

Problem with my ipad 3 16GB is that hd comixology issues take up about 40-50MB per issue :O :O :O

I just got a Nook HD+ yesterday, and I love it. I was reading comics on an Acer Iconia A500 before, and while it was perfectly fine, I now realize how much I was missing. The Nook HD+ screen is so much clearer and the colors are so vibrant. It's beautiful.

Right now, OfficeMax has a $50 gift card promo when you buy a Nook HD or HD+. $149 for the 16GB HD+, and you get a $50 gift card back. Some stores don't know to run the promo though, so it actually is ringing up as a straight $99 with no gift card, which is obviously preferable if you don't shop much at OfficeMax.

Also, one of the best aspects of the Nook HD+ is the inclusion of a microSD card slot. Don't bother paying $30 to get the 32GB Nook HD+, just use that $30 to get yourself a 32GB card to add to the 16GB of internal memory, or spend a little more and get a 64GB card. You'll have tons of free space.

TAJ

I bought before the clearance, but I only paid $220 for the 32GB. I could upgrade pretty cheaply to 96GB, so I'm not worried about file sizes.
The worst thing about it for me is no GPS antenna. I still have use my phone for some of my most-used apps. Still love it.

what! theres a Batgirl bombshell statue too?
fuuu

also holy crap those shazam backups/issues were good
So was Throne of Atlantis, I was waiting to read my Aquamans since that started ;(

Owzers

I just got a Nook HD+ yesterday, and I love it. I was reading comics on an Acer Iconia A500 before, and while it was perfectly fine, I now realize how much I was missing. The Nook HD+ screen is so much clearer and the colors are so vibrant. It's beautiful.

Right now, OfficeMax has a $50 gift card promo when you buy a Nook HD or HD+. $149 for the 16GB HD+, and you get a $50 gift card back. Some stores don't know to run the promo though, so it actually is ringing up as a straight $99 with no gift card, which is obviously preferable if you don't shop much at OfficeMax.

Also, one of the best aspects of the Nook HD+ is the inclusion of a microSD card slot. Don't bother paying $30 to get the 32GB Nook HD+, just use that $30 to get yourself a 32GB card to add to the 16GB of internal memory, or spend a little more and get a 64GB card. You'll have tons of free space.

Hmmm too bad there are no OfficeMax places in my state otherwise i'd be intrigued.

edit: How do you change where things are saved so you can save all comics to the SD card?

tim1138

If this is true, and it sounds bad based on Kot's tweet, then I'll drop the book like a hot potato. But after reading the first issue of his mini Change (free on Comixology) I'll probably check out anything he writes in future.

He has a new creator owned book starting in September titled Zero and a couple of unannounced projects as well.

tim1138

Cool looking figure, Rafa.

Thanks for the heads up, Tim. Stoked to check out what Kots has in the pipeline.

Kots also released a graphic novel last year called Wild Children that's worth a read as well.

Rafa brah, you gotta take a picture of all your figures set up.

ReiGun

Are the characters in The Movement new, or revivals of some cats I never heard of? I think Tremor is supposed to be an old character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom