• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the characters in The Movement new, or revivals of some cats I never heard of? I think Tremor is supposed to be an old character.

As far as I know they're new. Except
Rainmaker from Gen13
does show up at one point as a supporting character.

How much you guys want to bet the big twist with Justice League 3000 is that they are really the
Crime Syndicate of Amerika

The Superman even looks just like
Ultraman

tim1138

I know Captain Col, Black Manta and Pandora are getting figures this year. Might get Katana latter this month. Hard to do on a non comics superstar salary.

The Pandora figure is pretty nice looking, I saw that the other day. If I had the space I'd get Baz, Vibe, and Pandora.

I'm not sure I just remember her mentioning it in an interview before the series came out (I think on newsarama)

This is the only bit I could find about pre-existing characters:

I can't reveal all the characters, but sharp-eyed readers will recognize Tremor, who first appeared in the Secret Six, and Katharsis, from the very popular "Knightfall" story in Batgirl, two of my favorite recent badass chicks.

She briefly mentions Birds of Prey and Secret Six, but only in a "if you like those, you'll like this" kind of way.

Looking for New Teen Titans #2 First appearance of Deathstroke. Any reputable online retailers where I may find this? Checked all the local comic shops and nothing.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
1267950_ful.jpg
1267872_ful.jpg
1268398_ful.jpg

1257356_ful.jpg
1267966_ful.jpg
1262252_ful.jpg

1257262_ful.jpg
1262339_ful.jpg
1262440_ful.jpg

1268195_ful.jpg
1268209_ful.jpg
1284892_ful.jpg

1268240_ful.jpg
1268354_ful.jpg

Think I'm gonna try out the new Batgirl this week. It's been a while since I've read it, and it seems like this upcoming story arc is going to be cool.

ReiGun

Wait there's a comic coming out based on the new TMNT show?

I'm in there. (Of course, it's just going to remind me of my continual shame at not reading the current TMNT series...)

Edit: Forgot mah list!

Justice League 22
Superman Unchained 2
East of West 4
TMNT Animated 1
Hawkeye 12
Uncanny X-Men 8

zebulun

Neo Member
List

Justice League #22 (Trinity)
Hawkeye #12
Uncanny X-Men #8 NOW
Young Avengers #7 NOW
Crossed Badlands #32
Bandette

A busy week for me. Looking forward to the first instalment of TrinityWar. This will be my first major crossover event. Whoo

Jetman

Haha, and wow, Damian: Son of Batman #1. Well, that didn't take long even if he is in an "alternate universe" (*rolls eyes*). Whelp, there goes my theory that Earth 2 Bats is Damian. I don't think they'd have 2 of those cheeky bastards running around the DC Universe.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Fuuuuck. Why isn't Geoff Johns handling Rogues' Rebellion? It'd probably be the best thing to come out of Forever Evil if he did.

ElNarez

Banned
i dunno, i loved Rogue's Revenge during Final Crisis but i didn't think much of his Flashpoint Rogues story.

You mean, the one that was written and illustrated by Scott Kolins?

Also, the current Flash is The Hotness, so them being involved in all things Flash is A Good Thing, you dopes.

Owzers

You mean, the one that was written and illustrated by Scott Kolins?

Also, the current Flash is The Hotness, so them being involved in all things Flash is A Good Thing, you dopes.

I'm going to go ahead and assume the Rogues mini i'm remembering was the Blackest Night 3 issue Flash one that i read. Now that i looked it up, i skipped Kolins' Flashpoint one.

I had a feeling that this would happen as soon as I read his first issue and realized that he had an actual creative vision for the book.

There's still a chance that he's only temporarily off for the Forever Evil tie-ins, or that he's just being reshuffled to other DC projects, but those tweets lead me to doubt that either is the case.

Owzers

Walking Dead #111: The ending saved the issue for me
I did not expect that, i presumed spencer would rat out Rick or something and then Negan would set a trap for Rick's return or blow their whole battle plot.
The rest of the issue was boring though, as have the last few since the build up to this battle was done in a very sluggish manner

Walking Dead #111: The ending saved the issue for me
I did not expect that, i presumed spencer would rat out Rick or something and then Negan would set a trap for Rick's return or blow their whole battle plot.
The rest of the issue was boring though, as have the last few since the build up to this battle was done in a very sluggish manner

I love the way Kirkman is developing Negan's character. When he first showed up, I was assuming he was just going to be Governor 2.0...

Owzers

I love the way Kirkman is developing Negan's character. When he first showed up, I was assuming he was just going to be Governor 2.0...

I still think he's governor 2.0, but i've liked what he's done in quite a few parts by trying to keep Negan's decisions consistent.

major spoilers for other people who aren't caught up

when Negan killed Glen i had huge flashbacks to the governor beheading Tyrese in a flashy manner, now Negan is slowly working his way out of governor 2.0 for me

when Negan killed Glen i had huge flashbacks to the governor beheading Tyrese in a flashy manner, now Negan is slowly working his way out of governor 2.0 for me

He's much
less serious than the Governor was, though. He doesn't take shit personally, but he still handles business. Plus he's got a bunch of hot wives. Also, the comments last issue about "having no guts" were priceless.

ElNarez

Banned
I had a feeling that this would happen as soon as I read his first issue and realized that he had an actual creative vision for the book.

There's still a chance that he's only temporarily off for the Forever Evil tie-ins, or that he's just being reshuffled to other DC projects, but those tweets lead me to doubt that either is the case.

That would only be the first actually neat thing DC has done in, like, forever though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom