• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this information. It's very helpful. And, thinking about it, it makes sense. I mean Aaron did such a good job
writing Gina. It would make sense that he wrote other interesting arcs featuring female characters down the line. I mean, it's not a short series. And I imagine Carol has somewhere to go development-wise.
I will take this into account.

I can definitely guarantee that Aaron treats the stories of other female characters in this book with enormous insight and respect. There's some really phenomenal stuff throughout the series.

Duress

I've been looking for something a bit more light hearted these days. Maybe something comedic. I've been reading Chew, and that's the direction I want to go; I guess. Any recommendations?

Owzers

I've been looking for something a bit more light hearted these days. Maybe something comedic. I've been reading Chew, and that's the direction I want to go; I guess. Any recommendations?

nextwave agents of hate
Atomic Robo
Hawkeye
FF

those are some fun books you can look into.

All the Adventure Time and Regular Show books (including Bravest Warriors) are a delight.
Young Avengers is fun.
FF is probably just what you're looking for, maybe, probably.
Get those Thor: The Mighty Avenger trades.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Atomic Robo. Generally light and funny sci-fi adventures. There isn't really any big continuity. Each arc stands on its own. The stuff with Dr Dinosaur is particularly hilarious.

No Hawkeye solicit in October...why you do this Fraction

Nobody told you to get on six ongoings(FF, Fantastic Four, Hawkeye, Inhumans, Satellite Sam, Sex Criminals)

orrrr just an art delay...or super secret announcement at comic-con?

Acid08

Banned
So is Saga canceled or something? o_O Not on the solicits for August, September or October either.
It's on there for August. However Image solicits are kind of a crap shoot. So many delayed books.

According to the solicits though it seems like Hickman's other other other other book, Secret, is going to come out again.

It's on there for August. However Image solicits are kind of a crap shoot. So many delayed books.

According to the solicits though it seems like Hickman's other other other other book, Secret, is going to come out again.

So it is. I didn't see it somehow. Had to double check to confirm. Seems I was wrong about August and September. But yeah, none in October. Hmm.

did he ever finish his other other OTHER other book, SHIELD?

Both USM and UXM are wrapping up arcs in October, there's no issue of Ultimates, we're getting a classified book called Cataclysm spinning out of Hunger, and the Ultimate U panel at SDCC next week promises "a startling announcement about the future of the Ultimate Universe." Hmmm...

Dysun

Spock is a breath of fresh air, haven't enjoyed Spider-Man this much since before Mephisto and Marvel shit the bed.

I hope his run continues til ASM2

kswiston

did he ever finish his other other OTHER other book, SHIELD?

No, that got shelved when Marvel moved him up to the A-Team. With Hickman writing 30 books and Weaver taking on rotating art duties on the Avengers, I'm not sure when we will get a proper conclusion to the series.

frye

That book was announced years ago at NYCC I was there. Aid graniov did movie stuff instead of penciling this book.

http://comicsalliance.com/astonishing-captain-america-a-new-astonishing-x-men-and-de/

Oh man, I completely forgot about that. At the same time, it's weirdly convenient timing, dontcha think?

No, that got shelved when Marvel moved him up to the A-Team. With Hickman writing 30 books and Weaver taking on rotating art duties on the Avengers, I'm not sure when we will get a proper conclusion to the series.

The next issue is done but unreleased I think. They're gonna pump the rest of them out once everything is done.

OMG it's fucking Newuniversal all over again. I IS VERY SAD PANDA. :(

Shut the fuck up Dan. I like the book a lot but hate when this little dildo opens his mouth about changing shit FOOOOREEEVVVEEEERRRRR.

Seriously, I think we've heard at least four times now in the last six months about how things will change 4evar.

I'm waiting for the "this will piss you guys off more! lol" tweet/message that will surely come.

Batman, Superman Unchained, JL#22, Worlds' Finest read.

First three are great!

Worlds' Finest has a new artist for this issue? He does good world but there are a few questionable panels with facial expression. But curious to see where that
Boom Tube
is taking them.

Seriously, I think we've heard at least four times now in the last six months about how things will change 4evar.

I'm waiting for the "this will piss you guys off more! lol" tweet/message that will surely come.

Then the inevitable tweets about how he's blocking people...

Holy shit. Batgirl 22 is my favorite comic since Damian and the fallout issues.

Gorgeous, and pure fucking heart. I love day in the life issues.

Vibranium

Banned
Shut the fuck up Dan. I like the book a lot but hate when this little dildo opens his mouth about changing shit FOOOOREEEVVVEEEERRRRR.

You think Slott's bad about his book/angry fans, what about Wacker? If that guy had a GAF account I guarantee he'd be on here trolling everyone and defending Loeb's dead son Nova with 300 responses. On CBR he resorts to insulting everyone's intelligence and acting like he's somehow better since he's an editor, wish I could be like that at my job and not get fired. I have zero respect for that guy, I get that it hurts to have people criticize stuff you work on but at least treat them in a professional, respectful manner that makes Marvel look good.

Anyways, I'm still on board for Superior, but yeah, I don't take anything the creative team says seriously. All I hope is that Ock gets some decent development out of this whole saga, I think in this case they can avoid doing the "illusion of change" thing.

Scott Snyder is probably my favorite person in comics right now. Not only is he writing high quality books. Hes on Twitter conversing with fans and giving props to other writers and artist. You can tell he really passionate about the medium.

Holy shit. Batgirl 22 is my favorite comic since Damian and the fallout issues.

Gorgeous, and pure fucking heart. I love day in the life issues.

You aren't kidding. It's just a fun read for the majority of it. Then 'dat gut punch at the end. I have to say, I wasn't feeling Ricky at first, some issues back, but the more that Simone has kept him and Barbara's interactions going, the more invested I am becoming. It doesn't feel forced or fake anymore. It feels quite real.

Scott Snyder is probably my favorite person in comics right now. Not only is he writing high quality books. Hes on Twitter conversing with fans and giving props to other writers and artist. You can tell he really passionate about the medium.

If you haven't listened to his and Capullo's interviews on the Kevin Smith "Fatman on Batman" podcast, you really should. They are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom