• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Gordon on to her? It feels like he knows.

I don't think so.
I mean, yeah, Gordon has been shown to be extremely perceptive in the past. How many times has it been suggested he knows who Batman is? But I think we have one of two things going on right now; He is too close to Barbara to suspect that she is Batgirl, or he has a psychological block refusing to believe it. I don't think he'd have had that scene with Batman, if he really knew, though.

Edit: Oh God. I'm listening to the Kevin Smith / Arleen Sorkin interview. I can't handle this shit. Lol. All I can hear is Harley. @.@

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Edit: Oh God. I'm listening to the Kevin Smith / Arleen Sorkin interview. I can't handle this shit. Lol. All I can hear is Harley. @.@

Dude, the Kevin Conroy one is Kevin Smith talking TO Batman, despite Batman's best attempts to pretend to be some guy named Kevin Conroy. I'm just waiting on a Will Friedle Fat Man on Batman, 'cause it's got to happen...right?

I don't think so.
I mean, yeah, Gordon has been shown to be extremely perceptive in the past. How many times has it been suggested he knows who Batman is? But I think we have one of two things going on right now; He is too close to Barbara to suspect that she is Batgirl, or he has a psychological block refusing to believe it. I don't think he'd have had that scene with Batman, if he really knew, though.

Wait till you get to the Tara Strong interview.

YASSSS
CAMMI ISSUE

nPoBwJp.jpg

BEST
COMIC
OF OUR LIVES

EDIT:
Didn't someone say it was doing so bad ComicVine won't even review it?
http://www.comicvine.com/reviews/avengers-arena-12/1900-1947/
LOFLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Read through a couple of my wildcard picks. Ballistic #1 was.. well, they're trying. Nifty ideas. I like weird worlds but, yeah, I won't be following this series. Feel much differently about my other wild card pick up from Wednesday, Sheltered. I recommend you check out this new Image series, y'all. Here's the preview on CBR

I'm not seeing any Wolverine and the X-Men

Where?

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #37
JASON AARON (W) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A)
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS

Variant Cover by KRIS ANKA
X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 9!
• All of the X-Men (present & future) and their adversaries are reeling from the events of Part 8!
• With the adversaries’ Plan A squashed, they turn to their far more sinister Plan B on the grounds of the X-Men’s first adventure!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Any East of West #4 impressions yet? I was gonna reread 1-3 and then 4 tonight because I cant remember shit except that its good.
It was a pretty crazy issue.

I dont know what to make of that Inhuman promo pic. I dont want a bunch of heroes getting latent Inhuman abilities. And the term comics superstar was dropped a couple times in the Image Solicits.

It was a pretty crazy issue.

I dont know what to make of that Inhuman promo pic. I dont want a bunch of heroes getting latent Inhuman abilities. And the term comics superstar was dropped a couple times in the Image Solicits.

It didn't sound like it'd be heroes getting them. It'd be every day shmoes, i.e. a return to Morrison-style hijinx at the Jean Grey Academy.

VOLUME EIGHT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :D

HELL GETS HOTTER!
Empowered Volume 8 TP
Adam Warren (W/A/Cover)
On sale Dec 18
b&w, 208 pages
$16.99
TP, 6 1/2" x 9

Costumed crime fighter Empowered, already reeling from “The Worst Book Proposal Ever,” finds herself roped into a desperate scheme by her grief-stricken teammate, Sistah Spooky. Journeying from a terrifying alien arsenal to the even-more-terrifying depths of hell itself, can the mismatched superheroines free the soul of Spooky’s lover from eternal damnation?

Over 100,000 copies of Empowered volumes in print!

“Adam Warren continues to beat the odds and persists in getting better and better with his spicy superhero romp.”—Johnny Bacardi, Popdose.com
“A sort of R-rated sitcom exploring geek culture from the inside out . . . It’s full of exploitative, titillating imagery.”—J. Caleb Mozzocco, Las Vegas Weekly

Dark Horse Solicits for October 2013 (CBR)

Empy getting her wing-bling on! :O

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Any East of West #4 impressions yet? I was gonna reread 1-3 and then 4 tonight because I cant remember shit except that its good.

It was great and the series if great. Death's horsey is fucking rad as shit and kind of
fucks shit up

I also am glad that I'm still solely buying physical because the comic is printed on cool paper and the entire package is really pleasing.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm which Fraction will we get on Inhumans? Awesome Immortal Iron Fist, FF, Hawkguy Fraction? Or bland serious business Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Iron Man Fraction?

I liked what I read of his Iron Man run. I know I'm in the minority though. I think someone else in Comics-GAF said they enjoyed it too.

FANTOMEX MAX #1 (of 4)
ANDREW HOPE (w) • SHAWN CRYSTAL (a)
Cover by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA
• The X-Men’s own International Super-Thief in his own MAX miniseries!
• Sexy secret agents, weird weaponry, vintage champagne and a damsel in distress.
• All the uncensored action you could ever want in a comic… and MORE!
32 PGS./Explicit Content …$3.99
THERE IS A STRICT NO OVERPRINT POLICY ON ALL MAX TITLES.

This intrigues me.

Also, the solicit for Superior Spidey w/ Black Cat has me wanting to go back to the book already, and I just dumped it. :(

Good stuff in those Dark Horse solicits. I'm most stoked for Baltimore. The #1 for $1 Baltimore issue is a no-brainer if you've yet to try out the book.

Also, those are some pretty sexy elves, Elfquest.

Owzers

i'm not buying a single dark horse book in october.....i didn't know 25 was the last issue of buffy season 9, hurray my pull list

We spoke with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso as well as writer Matt Fraction—who will be launching the ongoing series INHUMAN alongside artist Joe Madureira

Joe Mad
Ongoing Artist

Pick one, Marvel

Blader

We spoke with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso as well as writer Matt Fraction—who will be launching the ongoing series INHUMAN alongside artist Joe Madureira

Joe Mad
Ongoing Artist

Pick one, Marvel

If Bleeding Cool is to be believed, this book is supposed to be a kind of blueprint for an Inhumans movie.

Cassaday lasted 4 issues, Moore lasted 5...maybe we'll get him for 6, one of those long decompressed Fraction arcs ala Invincible Iron Man or Uncanny X-men

So going by solicits, with the two TWD special issues, I'll be buying 9 floppies and two trades from Image in October. Holy crap.

That's not out of the ordinary for me. I liked Image before they were cool. ;)

But seriously, Image has been hitting it out of the park lately. Creators have been flocking to them.

arkon

I will definitely check out Matt Kindt on Spider-man.

Inhuman(s), gotta wait and see what people are saying first before taking the plunge. Hoping for FFraction.

East of West :
That horse creature was awesome. Can any one remind me which nation the moustache guy rules?

Thought it was the small little area in the mid west. Started with an A. I really dont feel like getting up and getting my books. I could be wrong.

Edit - The Black Towers.

tim1138

Is Geoff John evre gonna do something creative owned.

would think he would have done a vertigo book by now

He did a story in last years Vertigo Halloween anthology, I believe the art was by Jeff Lemire. It'd be interesting to see him do a creator owned book, but his heart is in the DCU.

-e-
I forgot all about Olympus, that was what, 8 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom