• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

*Look at the Forever Evil comic cover for Nightwing*

If they don't kill him........who wants to bet he gets to be the new Oracle?

Wheel chair included.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Funny tidbit, the version you saw in Arkham is actually what Dini wanted to do originally but he was told to tone it down some, what you saw in game is kinda what he originally envisioned.

Yeah and Spielberg wanted to show the shark a lot. Sometimes constraints are good.

Iron-Man-Metropolitan-Rivoche.jpg
Really digging the idea behind that cover, but the suit should blend more with the background. And, I'm wondering if Gillen is really going to do this as big and insane as it sounds.

*Look at the Forever Evil comic cover for Nightwing*

If they don't kill him........who wants to bet he gets to be the new Oracle?

Wheel chair included.

Friendly reminder to link to the news you post about, if no one else in the thread has previously done so.

These look more like teaser images than covers, but minor nitpick. The Teen Titans one more or less confirms the rumors that
this is a big Crime Syndicate story
, and might suggest a relaunch of that book coming.

So I picked up all four volumes of 52 from the library and I plowed through volume 1 already. This thing is the best DC thing I've ever read. I come across as a DC hater (and for good reason sometimes), but this book is amazing.

So I picked up all four volumes of 52 from the library and I plowed through volume 1 already. This thing is the best DC thing I've ever read. I come across as a DC hater (and for good reason sometimes), but this book is amazing.

It's also worth grabbing the 52: Covers hardcover, just because there was some great cover art, and it's great to see it all without logos plastered all over the artwork.

52 is amazing. Fun Fact: Apparently Dan Didio absolutely hated it.

akira28

Has Deathstroke been in the new 52 Teen Titans?

I think he only made a quick cameo. If that. He might have just been interacting with that other young super team, the one Caitlin Fairchild ran off with. Slade and Caitlin have some kind of connection via new52 magic, and serving with her Team7 father. Plus it appears his daughter Rose is involved with that other team too. The Titans had some crossover events with them, but I don't think Slade has appeared in their book..

akira28

The 52 event and the one before it were pretty cool, yeah.

the New 52 "permanent retcons" have been kinda suck.

The biggest challenge was actually, wisely, kept from us by Steve [Wacker]. EIC Dan Didio, who first championed the concept, hated what we were doing. H-A-T-E-D 52. Would storm up and down the halls telling everyone how much he hated it. And Steve, God bless him, kept us out of the loop on that particular drama. Siglain, having less seniority, was less able to do so, and there's one issue of 52 near the end that was written almost totally by Dan and Keith Giffen because none of the writers could plot it to Dan's satisfaction. Which was and is his prerogative as EIC, but man, there's little more demoralizing than taking the ball down to the one-yard line and then being benched by the guy who kept referring to COUNTDOWN as "52 done right."

Two things to take from this:

1. Steve Wacker make come off like a snarky douchebag on internet message boards, but he's probably the best editor the Big Two have. Not only did he get 52 out every damn week with quality results, but he got 100 issues of ASM done in the Brand New Day, 3 issues a month, with several different creative teams and stories all running around. He's also not afraid to take chances on "weird" artists for his mainstream superhero books. What other editor would have allowed Humberto Ramos, Emma Rios, and Eric Canete draw the Amazing Spider-Man?

2. Countdown is ass, stfu Didio

Im nt in on that Harley Quinn book. It will probaably have boring art like Suicide Squad. That broad needs to pickup her pencil set and get back to drawing.

I think he only made a quick cameo. If that. He might have just been interacting with that other young super team, the one Caitlin Fairchild ran off with. Slade and Caitlin have some kind of connection via new52 magic, and serving with her Team7 father. Plus it appears his daughter Rose is involved with that other team too. The Titans had some crossover events with them, but I don't think Slade has appeared in their book..

Im currently reading Geoff Johns run on TT and he plays a big role so far.

I need to post my list so I know what I'm looking for tomorrow.

Marvel Comics
A+X #10
All-New X-Men #14
Avengers #16
Avengers Assemble #17
Deadpool #13
FF #9
Thor God of Thunder #10
Uncanny X-Force #8
X-Factor #259

Dark Horse Comics
Conan the Barbarian #18

Other Publishers
Day Men #1
Red Sonja #1
Shadow Year One #4

Good, good week.

akira28

Im currently reading Geoff Johns run on TT and he plays a big role so far.

Yeah the Pre-New52 DC was so poppin. They were firing on all cylinders, and then they had to go fuck it all up.

Countdown was good though. I put all the DC number books in the same series.

kmfdmpig

So, the endless cycle of DC announcing something cool after doing something terrible continues : CONNER AND PALMIOTTI ON A HARLEY QUINN ONGOING.

This description makes me think of a Hawkeye-esque approach:
"The Suicide Squad book has Harley spending time with other heroes and bad guys," Palmiotti is quoted. "This book will focus on Harley and her life, where she lives and how she functions, as well as her motivations and solo adventures"
http://www.newsarama.com/18379-conner-palmiotti-team-on-new-harley-quinn-ongoing-series.html

That would certainly be nice. It's a shame that Conner is not doing the art, however. At first look I was thinking this might be similar to the Power Girl series, which I loved.

have you considered pre-ordering through dcbservice.com? 40% off most books, some 50% off special and on most dc and marvel trades, $7 per shipment each month ( you can have it shipped twice a month or weekly), and they pack your comics very well.

I have not, but i'll look into it.

So, the endless cycle of DC announcing something cool after doing something terrible continues : CONNER AND PALMIOTTI ON A HARLEY QUINN ONGOING.

Conner not being on art is disappointing. And yo, classic Harley design is the best, and really, the only Harley.

Really digging the idea behind that cover, but the suit should blend more with the background. And, I'm wondering if Gillen is really going to do this as big and insane as it sounds.

yo, who did this cover, I'm intrigued

I wonder how you even pitch a Prison Pit animated series

"Ok look, there's this monster made completely out of semen right? And the protagonist guy gets high and his left arm sucks him off at the same time, ya know? Then this other guy eats out the ass of this nazi monster thing-a-jig because hey, people gotta take showers in prison pit ya know? And..."

Never thought I'd drop a Frank Quitely book, but holy hell Jupiter's Legacy is about as subtle as a gamma-irradiated bull in a china shop, and you can see every single damn plot point coming. Do not buy, not even for the best comic storyteller working in the western comic industry.

Yesssss.jpg

Never thought I'd drop a Frank Quitely book, but holy hell Jupiter's Legacy is about as subtle as a gamma-irradiated bull in a china shop, and you can see every single damn plot point coming. Do not buy, not even for the best comic storyteller working in the western comic industry.

Yesssss.jpg

Hmmm, im enjoying it. Its only 2 issues in.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To echo my post on Snyder earlier in the thread.

Greg Capullo (@GregCapullo) tweeted at 9:44 PM on Tue, Jul 16, 2013:
When I think about how relatively new Scott is in comics, it fills me with excitement. I mean, if this "new guy" is this good? Damn. Juswait
(https://twitter.com/GregCapullo/status/357314822293028864

He's a relatively new writer all together. As far as anything outside of comics goes he's got one book of short stories. That's almost nothing. Snyder has a lot of room to grow and so far Zero Year shows that he's not afraid too.

This has me planning to pick up Day Men #1 tomorrow. Check out this artist. It's always nice to support publishers that seem to actually give a crap about the artists and, you know, the story.

Why am I not excited about Collider? I read preview and interviews and I just can't care. It wasn't made for me then, you say? Fair enough.

What was made for me was this Atomic Robo Kickstarter. I don't think I'll be able to resist the $100 pledge rewards. A HC! Shirts! Junior Action Scientist card signed by Robo, Brian and Scott! I think I'll dip for this even though the extra $20 for delivery to Canada hurts.

Vibranium

Banned
The biggest challenge was actually, wisely, kept from us by Steve [Wacker]. EIC Dan Didio, who first championed the concept, hated what we were doing. H-A-T-E-D 52. Would storm up and down the halls telling everyone how much he hated it. And Steve, God bless him, kept us out of the loop on that particular drama. Siglain, having less seniority, was less able to do so, and there's one issue of 52 near the end that was written almost totally by Dan and Keith Giffen because none of the writers could plot it to Dan's satisfaction. Which was and is his prerogative as EIC, but man, there's little more demoralizing than taking the ball down to the one-yard line and then being benched by the guy who kept referring to COUNTDOWN as "52 done right."

Two things to take from this:

1. Steve Wacker make come off like a snarky douchebag on internet message boards, but he's probably the best editor the Big Two have. Not only did he get 52 out every damn week with quality results, but he got 100 issues of ASM done in the Brand New Day, 3 issues a month, with several different creative teams and stories all running around. He's also not afraid to take chances on "weird" artists for his mainstream superhero books. What other editor would have allowed Humberto Ramos, Emma Rios, and Eric Canete draw the Amazing Spider-Man?

No question Wacker is a excellent editor though I do wish he'd be a little nicer on said internet boards, maybe spend more time talking to dedicated fans about storylines/the business instead of people who get angry at creative decisions. Still, the guy is on plenty of books I like and gets them out so all power to him.

Also: sign me the fuck up for the Harley Quinn ongoing, I just wish they'd give her back her old look, or at least closer to it. Please let the creative team give her a new costume DC :(

Owzers

i caved and ordered Absolute Blackest Night from IST....but only after it went from $62 to 68. Also grabbed Glory vol 2 and Prophet vol 2 tpbs Xo

Time to try to sell my psp to not feel as bad about Blackest Night. Its' got a weird screen issue....

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I had my Nook HD+ set up to stop updates by removing permission to access the site that updates come from.
After searching for a while and assuring myself that trying out the newest version wouldn't break root, I upgraded. Huge mistake. Now I have to reinstall all my apps and download all my comics again.
Oh, and stock sucks shit for comics. Full screen or GTFO.

TAJ

So was that retcon room at the end of the latest AA?

Yes and no. Maybe? Mostly no? The depiction of Mettle suggests experiments of a Frankenstein nature. But it wasn't a robot that got blown up. It was the same artist and he was shown as having a normal skeleton.Chris seems pretty dead, considering who's in the other tank. And it's suggested that Apex flatlined since Arcade is talking about her in the past tense. Then again, future solicits suggest otherwise, unless the number two is just a coincidence.

Owzers

I had my Nook HD+ set up to stop updates by removing permission to access the site that updates come from.
After searching for a while and assuring myself that trying out the newest version wouldn't break root, I upgraded. Huge mistake. Now I have to reinstall all my apps and download all my comics again.
Oh, and stock sucks shit for comics. Full screen or GTFO.

Hi, are you referring to comixology on nook hd+? Is it not fullscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom