• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hi, are you referring to comixology on nook hd+? Is it not fullscreen?

Yes. It's not. There are OS bars on the top and bottom that you can't get rid of. Same with ComicRack.
If you're rooted you can use an app called full!screen to force any app into true fullscreen. There's a config screen that lets you select on or off per-app.
Marvel Unlimited is really, really not fullscreen. It only takes up a fraction of the space between the OS bars. With full!screen active, comics still only take up 40% of the screen's surface area.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
they updated the marvel unlimited app on ios so it has a fullscreen mode....you're making me not want a nook hd+.

It appears to use 1:1 pixel mapping. It's probably fullscreen except for Marvel's interface BS (which can't be shut off) on Nook HD... lol.
What's sad is that there was just a major update a few weeks ago and fullscreen is still a no-show.
And Comixology HD is 15 months late to the party and counting. Sucks because the difference is night and day on that screen. I'm getting awfully used to these pirate sites... You're giving me ideas, guys.

Yes and no. Maybe? Mostly no? The depiction of Mettle suggests experiments of a Frankenstein nature. But it wasn't a robot that got blown up. It was the same artist and he was shown as having a normal skeleton.Chris seems pretty dead, considering who's in the other tank. And it's suggested that Apex flatlined since Arcade is talking about her in the past tense. Then again, future solicits suggest otherwise, unless the number two is just a coincidence.

Apex is walking around while Arcade is saying that. He has no idea she and Death Locket snuck into the HQ.

8bit

Knows the Score
24345-3738-27101-1-boris-the-bear.jpg

I want this.

Huh, Boris the Bear. I haven't thought about that comic in 20 years or so.

ElNarez

Banned
This week's FF is a Bentley-23 movie, a pool party, and it ends on Tom Breevort laying the smackdown on a dude who misses Reed hitting on a TWELVE YEAR OLD Sue Storm. Meanwhile in F4 shit gets real. BUY THOSE DANG BOOKS Y'ALL.

I'll wait for quality. Don't want to have multiple artists in the middle of the damn issue, or rushed lookin' Acuna artwork like the recent Uncanny Avengers issue.

Local comic shop has a card where you get a hole punch for every $5 you spend you get a punch. Takes $250 to fill the card for a $50 credit. Wife and I had to spend $30 to fill the card and needless to say we got a haul. Bought way more than we would have. Ill post my usual picture when I get home.

Mannnnnn, that first issue Acuna did was hot fire, the next two...some pages he obviously kinda said "fuck it, gotta hit that deadline". Plus, he's coloring it too, so I'm sure it aint that easy

But the next issue has been delayed a bit, and so far it's lookin' real good again!

1373326474.jpg

Let me just confess my love for the mutton chops Acuna draws on Wolverine right here and now

Uncanny-Avengers_8_Panel.jpg

Savitar

Is Mr. Slashy Pants up there really saying no one else dies.

First thing he does these days is whip out the claws and go for someone for disagreeing with him.

One reason I'm tired of him. That and the over exposure.

Thor's been pretty cool with all this mutant shit, recently. Defended Rogue, stood up for Wolverine, buddy cop banter with Sunfire, now right there for X-men justice/torture/"interrogations". Soon he's gonna be chilling in the X-Mansion.

Is Mr. Slashy Pants up there really saying no one else dies.

First thing he does these days is whip out the claws and go for someone for disagreeing with him.

One reason I'm tired of him. That and the over exposure.
It's the reason I'm sick of how certain writer s portray him. The Wolverine we get from remender, Aaron and to some extent Cornell is not the stereotype that other writers are content to serve up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thor's been pretty cool with all this mutant shit, recently. Defended Rogue, stood up for Wolverine, buddy cop banter with Sunfire, now right there for X-men justice/torture/"interrogations". Soon he's gonna be chilling in the X-Mansion.

Thor's just a chill dude, plus in this month's Thor
he's using TWO HAMMERS!! DOS MJOLNIRS!!

JLA #6 Impressions:

Kind of a filler issue. It was not the route I thought they were gonna take after part 1. Not to say it was bad but not the
blockbuster epic battle that were led to believe, cooler heads prevailed
. Can someone give me a little run down on the Phantom Stranger or link me to something so I can get a little back story on him? I dont want to buy his story also.

Ultimate Spidey #25 impressions. Filler. More of people trying to influence the kid to get back into the game. Once again, not bad just nothing memorable.

tim1138

JLA #6 Impressions:

Kind of a filler issue. It was not the route I thought they were gonna take after part 1. Not to say it was bad but not the
blockbuster epic battle that were led to believe, cooler heads prevailed
. Can someone give me a little run down on the Phantom Stranger or link me to something so I can get a little back story on him? I dont want to buy his story also.

Ultimate Spidey #25 impressions. Filler. More of people trying to influence the kid to get back into the game. Once again, not bad just nothing memorable.

Stranger spoilers:

He is literally Judas Iscariot. After being cursed by the Wizards with Pandora and the Question, he has been doing God's work. For each deed he does to redeem himself he loses a piece of silver from his chain. When he has paid his debt to God he will be granted salvation. Constantine somehow has one of the pieces of silver, because of course he does.

Stranger spoilers:

He is literally Judas Iscariot. After being cursed by the Wizards with Pandora and the Question, he has been doing God's work. For each deed he does to redeem himself he loses a piece of silver from his chain. When he has paid his debt to God he will be granted salvation. Constantine somehow has one of the pieces of silver, because of course he does.

And the Question?

Wool

wooooooooooooooooo

I'm so excited for that. I'm assuming October?

Just got XXX-Men #2 yesterday. Only two issues in but I think this is my favorite current X-book. It kind of feels like 90's X-Men with all the action, but without all the hyper-sexuality and bulging muscles. I'm curious how the new artist is going to work out.

TAJ

From the comic?
Apex and DL are "buried" but they both end up in the Hatch. Unless Apex is dead next to DL and I just didn't notice it. I'm pretty sure they both get up from the dirt.

She doesn't get up.
She doesn't move at all.

tm24

I had the exact opposite impression. Bendis USM filler is amazing for me. He does it anywhere else and I hate it, but for some reasons it works amazing in USM. The Miles/kate talk was great and that layout by Marquez was amazing.

Dysun

Dont get attached to books if they aren't written by Johns Snyder or Lemire. Sucks but can't trust DC not to meddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom