• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UKm1ij9.jpg

Went to SDCC on Sunday, it was fun. Picked up some random indie comics, mostly, but also grabbed King City, Chew vol. 4, Skullkickers vol. 1. An overall good time!

list time

Star Wars Legacy #5
Hawkeye Annual #1
Scarlet Spider #19
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #1
Young Avengers #8

A “Legion Of Super-Heroes” fan pleaded with the panel to bring the book back from cancellation before asking why the New 52 went with the younger versions of the Teen Titans rather than Donna Troy, Wally West and the others. DiDio told him it was because the universe had been aged down sot there was no logical way to get those older characters into the comics.

Despite still having 4 Robins, including Nightwing, who's like the same age as Wally and Donna

tim1138

They also said the next GL crossover will result in
the destruction of one of the Corps. Already undoing Johns nine years of universe building

Nudull

Banned

I am dying, lol. Anywho, lists~.

Ghostbusters #6
Journey Into Mystery #654
New Avengers #8
Young Avengers #8

I've really been enjoying the budget leeway that my pull list has been giving me, lately. :3

The decisions Editorial is making are downright rage-inducing.

DC being DC. :/ I really want to get into the DCnU more and all, speaking as a relatively new comic reader, but the editoral decisions really hasn't been making it easier for me.

the destruction of one of the Corps. Already undoing Johns nine years of universe building

Well, to be honest, I thought the rest of the Corps. were a good idea for Blackest Night, but I thought they'd be phased out after that. It's just too hectic with so many of them running around.

List? LIST!

Marvel:
Captain America #9
Hawkeye Annual #1
Hunger #1 of 4
New Avengers #8
Scarlet Spider #19
Superior Spider-Man #14
Uncanny Avengers #10
What If? Avengers vs. X-Men #3 of 4
Young Avengers #8

DC:
Batman/Superman #2
Justice League Dark #22
Unwritten #51

Indies:
Army of Darkness vs. Hack/Slash #1 of 6 (Dynamite)
Mark Waid's Green Hornet #4 (Dynamite)
Doctor Who Ongoing #11 (IDW)
Rocketeer/Spirit: Pulp Friction #1 of 4 (IDW)

Ephidel

List time again.
Unfortunately something came up and I didn't get to the shop last week, so I still have last weeks stuff to pick up in addition to this weeks:

Gamma (One Shot)
Hawkeye Annual #1
Larfleeze #2
Lazarus #2
The Massive #14
Mind MGMT #13
New Avengers #8
Ultimate Comics X-Men #29
Wolverine and the X-Men #33
Young Avengers #8
And 2000AD Prog.1842

I feel a little bad that I'm pretty much losing all of my New 52 books, but at the same time the fact they keep team switching or cancelling the books I'm enjoying kind of feels like they're trying to tell me DC isn't for me. After next month's slew of final issues I'll have Earth 2 (and the creative team is changing on that) and Larfleeze. I'll be trialing JL3k and then... I don't know.
I still have a few of their non-52 books, and I'll be trialing several of those new Vertigo books, but I'm kind of dreading liking those in-case they get summarily executed for low sales too.

Dysun

Bye Indigo or Blue

I'm pretty close to being done with Green Lantern, just not interesting to me without Johns

tim1138

Bye Indigo or Blue

I'm pretty close to being done with Green Lantern, just not interesting to me without Johns

I'm guessing Blue since they don't even have a home world anymore. And aside from that crossover with Blue Beetle when the Reach destroyed Odym, when was the last time you saw a Blue other than Walker?

My decision to drop that entire line after issue 20 looks better and better every month.

If the universe was aged down wouldn't that mean tim, damian, bart, cassie, and connor wouldn't have a place in the DCU??? Shit makes no sense

You have to remember that Tim is only a couple of years younger than Dick. He started when he was already a teen. Bart's age doesn't matter because of where he is from. Damian and Connor were grown in Vats.

List time again.
Unfortunately something came up and I didn't get to the shop last week, so I still have last weeks stuff to pick up in addition to this weeks:

Gamma (One Shot)
Hawkeye Annual #1
Larfleeze #2
Lazarus #2
The Massive #14
Mind MGMT #13
New Avengers #8
Ultimate Comics X-Men #29
Wolverine and the X-Men #33
Young Avengers #8
And 2000AD Prog.1842

I feel a little bad that I'm pretty much losing all of my New 52 books, but at the same time the fact they keep team switching or cancelling the books I'm enjoying kind of feels like they're trying to tell me DC isn't for me. After next month's slew of final issues I'll have Earth 2 (and the creative team is changing on that) and Larfleeze. I'll be trialing JL3k and then... I don't know.
I still have a few of their non-52 books, and I'll be trialing several of those new Vertigo books, but I'm kind of dreading liking those in-case they get summarily executed for low sales too.

Thanks for the heads up on Gamma. Looks rad as hell.

Ephidel

Haha, did you check out the preview? I wasn't sure if it would be a bit too on the nose, but somehow that hit all the right notes for me so I'm looking forward to it :)

Dan Didio told MTV that Stephanie Brown was originally planned to debut in Forever Evil, but that her fans should be glad she no longer is. Guessing she was going to be brought in and killed in like the span of an issue (like Lobdell did to Artemis in Teen Titans).

http://m.mtv.com/geek/article.rbml?.../&alt=http://m.mtv.com/geek/blog.rbml&cid=300

That's so dumb, both to that idea and what Lobdell did. You get this reasonably popular character from a TV show that got more viewers than Teen Titans has readers and instantly kill her off. That's some trolling shit right there, and I don't see why they do it

List? LIST!

Marvel:
Captain America #9
Hawkeye Annual #1
Hunger #1 of 4
New Avengers #8
Scarlet Spider #19
Superior Spider-Man #14
Uncanny Avengers #10
What If? Avengers vs. X-Men #3 of 4
Young Avengers #8

DC:
Batman/Superman #2
Justice League Dark #22
Unwritten #51

Indies:
Army of Darkness vs. Hack/Slash #1 of 6 (Dynamite)
Mark Waid's Green Hornet #4 (Dynamite)
Doctor Who Ongoing #11 (IDW)
Rocketeer/Spirit: Pulp Friction #1 of 4 (IDW)

Scarlet Spider this week, too?!

lordmrw

Dark Horse
STAR WARS LEGACY II #5

DC
AQUAMAN #22
BATMAN SUPERMAN #2
FLASH #22
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #22
SUPERMAN #22
TEEN TITANS #22

IMAGE COMICS
LAZARUS #1
WITCHBLADE #168

Marvel
CAPTAIN AMERICA #9 NOW
GAMBIT #15
HAWKEYE ANNUAL #1
HUNGER #1
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #654 NOW
NEW AVENGERS #8 INF
SCARLET SPIDER #19
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #14
ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #29
UNCANNY AVENGERS #10 NOW
WOLVERINE #7 NOW
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #33
YOUNG AVENGERS #8 NOW

Every week is a big week for me, heh.

Isak_Borg

Dark Horse
STAR WARS LEGACY II #5

DC
AQUAMAN #22
BATMAN SUPERMAN #2
FLASH #22
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #22
SUPERMAN #22
TEEN TITANS #22

IMAGE COMICS
LAZARUS #1
WITCHBLADE #168

Marvel
CAPTAIN AMERICA #9 NOW
GAMBIT #15
HAWKEYE ANNUAL #1
HUNGER #1
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #654 NOW
NEW AVENGERS #8 INF
SCARLET SPIDER #19
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #14
ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #29
UNCANNY AVENGERS #10 NOW
WOLVERINE #7 NOW
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #33
YOUNG AVENGERS #8 NOW

Every week is a big week for me, heh.

after reading the first two issues of the hunger I would say stay the fuck away...

You have to remember that Tim is only a couple of years younger than Dick. He started when he was already a teen. Bart's age doesn't matter because of where he is from. Damian and Connor were grown in Vats.

But still if the universe is aged down that means the Justice League charecters are younger which means their sidekicks are younger and they haven't had the same amount of adventures yet. Tim wouldn't exist and unless there was some major accelerated growing going on neither should Damian and Connor.

ComicsAlliance: We’ve talked a little bit before about how you like to use the narrative device of your main character talking about something that they learned from their father or something in their past, and I noticed you did it twice in Superman Unchained #1.

Scott Snyder: I took some time off from doing that because I wanted to vary up my style, but I think it’s a tool that’s powerful and important, and I want to be able to use it judiciously when it’s the right move. I really believe it is here. The thing is, I totally agree, I was using that too much and falling back on it, but I want to make sure when I do use it, it’s effective

at least he is some what self aware

really good interview with syner. dude is really honest and passionate

http://comicsalliance.com/scott-sny...batman-zero-year-his-hat-interview-sdcc-2013/

Dysun

List Wars

Aquaman 22
Batman Superman 2
Flash 22
Justice League Dark 22

Captain America 9
Hawkeye Annual 1
Hunger 1 (die ultimates!!)
New Avengers 8
Superior Spider-Man 14
Superior Spider-Man Team Up 1
Uncanny Avengers 10

Dropped: WATXM

arkon

Flash #22
Hawkeye Annual #1
Larfleeze #2
Lazarus #2
Star Wars Legacy #5
Wolverine and the X-men #33
Young Avengers #8

I was mssing Numbercruncher #1 from last week, so hopefully that'll be in the order this time round.

after reading the first two issues of the hunger I would say stay the fuck away...

Well, thanks to Cataclysm being announced, we already know how it has to end: Rick Jones fails and Galactus devours the entire Ultimate Universe except for Earth. Makes one wonder what the point is, and whether Cataclysm was originally supposed to come immediately after AoU. (Probably, seeing as his appearance in AoU #10 has him seemingly materializing on Earth, yet Hunger is about him making his way to Earth from elsewhere in the Ultimate U...)

MG310

Midtown had it so an Age of Ultron sub would roll right over into Hunger....happy I noticed that and dropped it (though wish I had dropped it after issue 2 or so of AoU)

But still if the universe is aged down that means the Justice League charecters are younger which means their sidekicks are younger and they haven't had the same amount of adventures yet. Tim wouldn't exist and unless there was some major accelerated growing going on neither should Damian and Connor.

Did you read any of the Zero issues?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Forgot to post my list yesterday, it's a small one anyway:

Superior Spider-Man #14
Batman Superman #2
Bounce #3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #24
The Unwritten #51

Does anyone know if Satellite Sam ist planned as an ongoing or as a mini series? I'm kind of interested in the series but still I'm unsure wether to jump in or not. Browsing through the web it seems like this is a hit or miss for most readers.

Any impressions from those who read the first issue?

Does anyone know if Satellite Sam ist planned as an ongoing or as a mini series? I'm kind of interested in the series but still I'm unsure wether to jump in or not. Browsing through the web it seems like this is a hit or miss for most readers.

Any impressions from those who read the first issue?
Its slated as an ongoing, but Friction has alot of books on his plate. The most important of his career, Inhuman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom