• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein Bear

I hope they include the Red Hulk/Taskmaster/Black Panther subplot that abruptly ends with everyone dying and Red Hulk just fucking off.

Double posts I suppose, but Remender has recently done two interviews about Uncanny Avengers that I thought were very good. He's got a lot of moving parts, and he's working on a huge scale, one long-form 22-issue story, with things starting to seriously pay off in Wednesday's issue, #10.

Thanks to recommendations on this thread, I checked out a few new comics podcasts. My favourite new additions are iFanboy and Comic Geek Speak. Comic Geek Speak does a variety of comics-related podcasts but my favourites are the Previews and Off the Racks episodes.

And, hey, y'all..? Six-Gun Gorilla is really good. If you're not following in singles, I encourage you to pick up the collection when it's released.

Vibranium

Banned
Who's pumped to see Hwakeye raid a crackhouse in the Age of Ultron movie?

Don't forgot Black Widow messing up her eye and the writers adding in a subplot where she gets a patch from Nick Fury to cover it up! That'll be a welcome twist to this epic saga by comics superstar Brian Michael Bendis!

After reading Age of Ulton, this thread just comes off as salty. AoU wasn't amazing, but it was fine. I thought it ended really, really abruptly and it should have been called Age of Wolverines. In the long run it's just a decent alternate universe story like Age of X.

LONGSHOT MINI-SERIES BIRDIE PLS

1374427496.jpg

frye

Amazing X-Men, starting in November, by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness

Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Northstar, Firestar, and Nightcrawler?

I dropped WaTXM during AvX so I'm not hip to what's happening but I'm still amazed they brought back Azazel.

kswiston

Wolverine and the X-Men replacement? If not, they really need to cancel one of the X-Men ongoings.

I dropped WaTXM during AvX so I'm not hip to what's happening but I'm still amazed they brought back Azazel.

After he turned up in First Class, I'm not.

Tizoc

Eh not really interested in reading a new Jason Aaron book, but I really should catch up on Scalped, loved his work on it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DC should just let Synder use those chicks. I really cannot see any reason why they shouldn't outside of Dan Didio's irrational hatred of them.

From what I can tell from the comicon panel they're also forcing the tie-in issues on Zero Year. It seems no one is safe from editorial interference at DC.

Mumei

If you really really really like Geoff John's Green Lantern comics I guess. Otherwise they're hella expensive and neither the Sinestro Corp War or Blackest Night collections are comprehensive.

I'll try and see if I can find them used in the $45 - $50 range, then. I don't know why they would half-ass Absolute Editions, but it seems like there's quite a few half-assed ones they've released. Bleh.

Owzers

I'll try and see if I can find them used in the $45 - $50 range, then. I don't know why they would half-ass Absolute Editions, but it seems like there's quite a few half-assed ones they've released. Bleh.

Absolute Green Lantern Rebirth definitely needs to be picked up on the cheap since it lacks content. I like having all three for the "set" even though an omnibus of Johns' run is bound to happen, i really like the absolute format. Sinestro Corps War was the book that got me in to dc so i excused the lack of extra non-event issues, and Absolute Blackest Night has the GL issues and that's all i really cared about. I didn't expect them to add the next best BN related thing: the Wonder Woman 3 issue mini. I agree that Absolute collections are always bad at collecting the right issues, for instance, not collecting return of bruce wayne in Absolute Batman and Robin despite the ending to Batman and Robin directly coming off Return of Bruce Wayne.

Gartooth

DC should just let Synder use those chicks. I really cannot see any reason why they shouldn't outside of Dan Didio's irrational hatred of them.

The current regime at DC blows, I think the Flash writers also said that they had a request to use Wally sitting on Didio's desk.

Blader

Double posts I suppose, but Remender has recently done two interviews about Uncanny Avengers that I thought were very good. He's got a lot of moving parts, and he's working on a huge scale, one long-form 22-issue story, with things starting to seriously pay off in Wednesday's issue, #10.

This book is constantly teetering on the edge of being dropped for me, hopefully this week's issue turns it around.

After reading Age of Ulton, this thread just comes off as salty. AoU wasn't amazing, but it was fine. I thought it ended really, really abruptly and it should have been called Age of Wolverines. In the long run it's just a decent alternate universe story like Age of X.

it's also kind of irrelevant, either way, since the movie is only using the title.

Grandharrier was a SDCC
A “Legion Of Super-Heroes” fan pleaded with the panel to bring the book back from cancellation before asking why the New 52 went with the younger versions of the Teen Titans rather than Donna Troy, Wally West and the others. DiDio told him it was because the universe had been aged down sot there was no logical way to get those older characters into the comics.

I like that team, but I ended up bored with WatXM. Hopefully I'll like this more.

Do you guys go to any decent comic book forums? Everywhere I've tried is either too slow or the user base ruins it.

Gartooth

A “Legion Of Super-Heroes” fan pleaded with the panel to bring the book back from cancellation before asking why the New 52 went with the younger versions of the Teen Titans rather than Donna Troy, Wally West and the others. DiDio told him it was because the universe had been aged down sot there was no logical way to get those older characters into the comics.

Bullshit, the whole 5 year timeline is a joke and if they really wanted they could make those characters work within the context of the universe, especially when they have already tried to convince us somehow that the entire Bat family exists in this universe within a span of 5 years.

Dan Didio is a fucking cunt. I pray that he lets the new Vertigo series find some audiences, but that interview from a few weeks ago makes it seem like very new Vertigo series should be selling 40k out of the gate.

Cant't wait for those thre issues of McGuiness on Amazing X Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom