• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2013. Nothing can stop the Juggernaut! ...except E3 BREAKING NEWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsk so the
New Genesis Gods now utilize science and technology?
I liked it better when it was magic-science thingy =/

Technology, sufficiently advanced, would seem like magic.

But I don't think anything we've been shown precludes a mystical element.

Tizoc

Technology, sufficiently advanced, would seem like magic.

But I don't think anything we've been shown precludes a mystical element.

Fair point, but I guess what I meant was that I liked Kirby's version of what their technology and such looks like.

Fair point, but I guess what I meant was that I liked Kirby's version of what their technology and such looks like.

Sure. Let's also consider this is one writer / artists interpretation. We don't know that it's the defining version. I mean, Wonder Woman from Azarellos book is much different from anywhere else.

histopher

Shang Chi and Tarantula should be in Mighty Avengers. I suppose Shang might be in the normal Avengers though, and Tarantula is in the Defenders?

Roman

Its like a super team based in LA. A bunch of black people, a latina, and a random green chick.

Don't forget Ronin. He could be anyone. Is Maverick anywhere? I'd find a German on a diverse team pretty symbolic. Won't happen, though.

Dysun

Green Lantern #21

Yeah I'm not feeling it, it was only a little taste but he already started the Hal/Carol melodrama again, the 239th instance of rookie GL training, and teased some Togepi look alike bad guy. Ugh
Sorry Venditti, Johns fanboys die hard

Age of Ultron is the worst 'event' I've ever read. Total waste of 9 issues doing nothing smh Bendis, this is a new low

Greg Land on Mighty Avengers is a non-starter, no thanks

Owzers

Oh Amazon, never change. Got Hellboy Library vol 6 today, absolutely no packaging used, just put in a box that was slightly large enough so it fit flush in, top right is all smushed.

Let's see if the second try is better! I rarely ever order books from them anymore.

Oh Amazon, never change. Got Hellboy Library vol 6 today, absolutely no packaging used, just put in a box that was slightly large enough so it fit flush in, top right is all smushed.

Let's see if the second try is better! I rarely ever order books from them anymore.

Yeah. I ordered one trade from them. Never again. Thankfully I've got LCBS's in the area that maintain a decent selection and often have really good deals (Picked up Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds, and Lightning Saga as a Buy 1 Get 1 special, etc).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Green Lantern #21

Yeah I'm not feeling it, it was only a little taste but he already started the Hal/Carol melodrama again, the 239th instance of rookie GL training, and teased some Togepi look alike bad guy. Ugh
Sorry Venditti, Johns fanboys die hard

Age of Ultron is the worst 'event' I've ever read. Total waste of 9 issues doing nothing smh Bendis, this is a new low

Greg Land on Mighty Avengers is a non-starter, no thanks

Yea same here.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
php606PUSMightyAvengers_Promo.jpg

Is that... is that Greg Land's infamous Tony Stark face as... Luke Cage, just shoepolished in? I... I can't.

Marvel's Guide to Successful Books

Step 1: Come up with an idea and a team.
Step 2: Name it <Adjective> Avengers.
Step 3: Profit.

This, of course, is a variation of DC's Batman naming convention.

It used to be only certain people were Avengers. Then Spidey and Wolverine joined, and all bets are off for membership.

I was gonna say it was only a matter of time before X-men Avengers, but that's kinda the idea behind Uncanny Avengers, isn't it.

It used to be only certain people were Avengers. Then Spidey and Wolverine joined, and all bets are off for membership.

I was gonna say it was only a matter of time before X-men Avengers, but that's kinda the idea behind Uncanny Avengers, isn't it.

Yeah, well. As a Heroclix player, it makes team building for Marvel pretty easy when like half the character pool on that side has the Avenger's keyword. ;)

Dial H impressions after 1-11 so far. Not feeling it. Its had a few moments here and there but its been more of a chore for me to read through. Art is ok but but the writing and characters have not geled with me. See if the next 2 do something.

dan2026

Can anyone give me some Doctor Strange recommendations?
Been on a bit of a kick lately.

Currently read :

Doctor Strange Season One
Doctor Strange : The Oath
Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom Triumph and Torment.

Can anyone give me some Doctor Strange recommendations?
Been on a bit of a kick lately.

Currently read :

Doctor Strange Season One
Doctor Strange : The Oath
Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom Triumph and Torment.

There's a very good run of Doc Strange stories Roger Stern did in the 80s. Marshall Rogers drew the first six issues, and those can be found in the tail end of Doctor Strange: Essentials Vol.4, and his last big story on the book he did alongside Paul Smith has it's own trade, Into the Dark Dimension. There's also a popular story from #60-62, &#8220;The Montesi Formula&#8221;, collected in the Doctor Strange vs Dracula.

Also, I don't know how this is gonna read out of context and those first three issues were only "aight", but Defenders #4 is a solo Strange story by Fraction/Lark and is one of my favorite comics from 2012.

Owzers

Dial H impressions after 1-11 so far. Not feeling it. Its had a few moments here and there but its been more of a chore for me to read through. Art is ok but but the writing and characters have not geled with me. See if the next 2 do something.

I really liked the first arc, it was an unusual read that wasn't afraid to be silly at times regarding superheroes. I didn't like the second arc though, i've read through issue 12, 12 being a little better than the previous few issues.

I really liked the first arc, it was an unusual read that wasn't afraid to be silly at times regarding superheroes. I didn't like the second arc though, i've read through issue 12, 12 being a little better than the previous few issues.

Got home from work and read the last 2. I get the praise for 13 but its too little too late. Obviously ill pick up the last issue but I see why it wasnt a big hit with people.

JEKKI

comomomology Harbinger sale!!!

I was trying to buy the trades 2 weeks ago but the store was sold out...

was planning on picking them up tomorrow... not anymore!!! lol.

I'll still go to buy Bloodshot vol. 1 tho =P hope they restocked!!!

Just remember that story is a bit different from the usual Dr. Strange fare, no Orb of Agamotto and Sorcerer Supreme stuff(he recently lost that title to Brother Voodoo). I think Marvel was going in a period where they thought Doc Strange was too powerful and uh...strange, for readers, so he's more down-to-Earth. At any rate, it's a very breezy read, and if you're a fan of Emma Rios work on Season One, you'll enjoy it here, too.

Owzers

Still not a fan of Snyder's Batman, the two issue clay face arc didn't feel like it had a lot of substance to it, especially issue #20 where it had that one really long winded clay face scheme speech. I'm getting that overly critical feeling that usually happens after reading several books that i don't enjoy ( fantastic four, batman, green lantern, aquaman, angel and faith, heat beating the pacers).

Still not a fan of Snyder's Batman, the two issue clay face arc didn't feel like it had a lot of substance to it, especially issue #20 where it had that one really long winded clay face scheme speech.

I wasn't a fan of the Clayface "arc" either. Felt like filler. Now I'm done with Batman until this Zero Year bullshit is done. Because we really needed another origin story.

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!! LIST TIME!!!!!!!

Star Wars #6
Suicide Squad #21
Thumbprint (by Joe Hill) #1
Walking Dead #111
Deadpool #11
Ultimate Comics X-Men #27
Uncanny X-Force #6

So to get ready for the future Spider-man 2099 Superior Spider-man arc I've decided to purchase the new TPB of Peter David's run. Can't wait to get it I've heard really great things =).

Quick impressions of comics I read tonight:

Astro City #1 - Pretty cool. Could be something really good.

Jupiters Legacy #1 - Really liked this. Excited to see where this goes.

Kick Ass 3 #1 - Cool introduction. Like the art.

Green Lantern #21 - Nothing special. Not as bad as I thought reading the impressions in here.

Good night of reading.

I learned tonight I really like the stuff from Image.

Also, looking at the rest of the months releases, I saw two titles that looked interesting. Bounce and Wake. Any impressions?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So you're saying it's going to last like 10 issues +4 because it has Avengers in the title? D:

That's being incredibly generous. Based on looks it shouldn't last that long. Its really gonna need its story to push it along. Or else we may have the bitching we got for cry for justice.

frye

A book that casts the market's love for event tie-ins, Avengers, and Land against its disinterest for books featuring minorities is going to be fascinating.

Just read the Red Hood and the Outlaws Annual. Really digging the new Cheshire. Her new ability would certainly make her a very dangerous assassin, more so than before; The interaction between Ollie and Roy were fun, and i continue to enjoy the relationship buildup between Roy and Kori.

That's being incredibly generous. Based on looks it shouldn't last that long. Its really gonna need its story to push it along. Or else we may have the bitching we got for cry for justice.

Nah I mean Fearless Defenders in 5 issues in 6 if you include 4AU. I'm sure Mighty Avengers can maange to squeeze out twice that before it perishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom