• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

Some phone cameras are getting pretty good, though.

They definitely are, but I wouldn't assume anything is taken with a phone unless it's stated. Especially on GAF where people like the use their snazzy Canon's to take some very pretty pictures.

There been any talks about some sort of Doctor Strange book lately? I could have sworn there was talk of something a ways back, but maybe that never panned out.

Funny you mention Doctor Strange, Marvel found it's Doctor Strange director.

Bii

Bii, what camera do you use for your marvelous pictures?

A snazzy Canon. <_<
It's a Canon 60D with either a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens or Canon 24-70 f/2.8L lens. Sometimes I use natural lighting, other times I use a Canon 430EX II flash.

Cheska

A snazzy Canon. <_<
It's a Canon 60D with either a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens or Canon 24-70 f/2.8L lens. Sometimes I use natural lighting, other times I use a Canon 430EX II flash.

Hahaha, HIGH FIVE! In all seriousness, I love those picture posts. They really encourage me to pick up something I may not have already.

EDIT: I know there are a ton of Transformers fans in here, figured you guys would be interested in The Hangout podcast featuring Mairghread Scott, writer for Transformers: Windblade.They touch upon some other Transformers stuff as well

How has green lantern and gl corps been? I stopped at the end of blackest night and was thinking about getting just the gl brightest day stuff and continuing from there

It's been up and down but if you've enjoyed the ride so far you may want to finish it out up to issue #20 of GL New 52 as it transitions into New 52 more or less intact as far as the basic premise goes and gives you an "ending" . GL/GLC continue to duo off of each other with Red Lanterns and New Guardians as companion pieces.

Tizoc

tumblr_mxi2cqAQdF1rvya9ro1_1280.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think its publishing may have been cancelled. Dark Horse has removed it entirely from its website and it is no longer in the Diamond Distributor database. I think that Francavillia is just focusing on getting Afterlife with Archie finished now.

Oh whaaat. Well I can't imagine he'd abandon it forever. Hopefully he gets back to it sometime soon.

It's just delayed until... someday.

He showed off an inked image from it last month on Twitter, and also mentioned that he's been working on it during the Archie stuff. Apparently part of the reason that Afterlife with Archie is on a 6 week schedule is to allow him to concurrently work on other projects, including Necrologue.

So it's still coming... eventually.

You will have quite the backlog there! Hopefully you won't overwhelm yourself.

-

Iron Fist: The Living Weapon #1

14155857658_19d0067a4c_o.jpg

Wow. Not much else to say but this was a fantastic read. The storytelling, pacing, pencils, colors and layout of the pages are solid all around. The first few pages even fooled me thinking that Danny was being interrogated. At least, not in the way I thought it would be. I didn't get #2 but will scour around for it at my LCS when I go in tomorrow.

14362701733_a789c8b2cc_o.jpg
14155910180_147f4f4f7e_o.jpg

Anyone wanna try out Iron Fist #1? I have a Marvel code up for grabs; first to reply/quote in this thread and it's yours.

If it's still going I'd like to take a look at it?

If not then no worries!

Hey guys, so is there a solid date for Black Beetle: Necrologue yet?

I just looked at The Black Beetle sitting on my shelf and remembered how amazing it was and really want more...

I think its publishing may have been cancelled. Dark Horse has removed it entirely from its website and it is no longer in the Diamond Distributor database. I think that Francavillia is just focusing on getting Afterlife with Archie finished now.

It's been delayed for awhile.. but I think,, and hope this is accurate. #1 June 25th. Francavilla is my shiznit ,,
http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/Black-Beetle%3A-Necrologue-1___433568

It might just be me, but it feels like there will be three. You know how nerds love a trilogy.

As a nerd I can attest to an innate, instinctual love and need for trilogies in all aspects of my life, such as three meals a day, which means my lunches are rather unpleasant as the dark middle chapter.

Messi

There was never a chance those pictures were from an iPhone. Those pictures are quality. I wonder if the perfectly white counter will make a comeback.

There was never a chance those pictures were from an iPhone. Those pictures are quality. I wonder if the perfectly white counter will make a comeback.

I don't think that is the last we've seen of it. There is a love, a friendship, a bond between camera and counter that transcends. Believe.

Green Arrow was awesome.
That is all.

Can you confirm Diggle??? #TeamDiggle #TeamAbs

Maybe when I'm home. When I'm at work Lunch is the worst part of the eating trillogy.

This: You're on a clock, with the end of lunch looming over you, like a Dark Lord.

Squeeeee you say.

How can you not adore Shrinking Violet?

I hope something good/interesting/plot moving happens in Future's End this week. Batman Eternal has done a much better job of keeping a good pacing.

This sounds like TMI and inappropriate.

Yeah I'm curious to see what Future's End does this week too.

And this is Messi we are talking about. Everything is inappropriate.

tim1138

I don't think that is the last we've seen of it. There is a love, a friendship, a bond between camera and counter that transcends. Believe.

Can you confirm Diggle??? #TeamDiggle #TeamAbs

This: You're on a clock, with the end of lunch looming over you, like a Dark Lord.

Confirmed. He has a total bad ass moment.

Sorrentino pulled a new trick out of his bag for some
flashbacks

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Guys, is it too late to talk about Batman
riding dirtbikes
and
wrestling lions
and
setting teachers' lawns on fire
? Because that was a hell on an issue.

Also, did Gordon
just jump off that building and freefall into the subway
like a badass?

riding dirtbikes
and
wrestling lions
and

Also, did Gordon
like a badass?

Never too late to talk about the book of the month. All of that stuff was fantastic. Also small little detail, the issue begins and ends with a "circle of fire".

Also, finished Kingdom Come this morning and that is an all-time great read. Man that hug at the end just made me proud to be a fan of these characters.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Never too late to talk about the book of the month. All of that stuff was fantastic. Also small little detail, the issue begins and ends with a "circle of fire".

Also, finished Kingdom Come this morning and that is an all-time great read. Man that hug at the end just made me proud to be a fan of these characters.

Yeah, Snyder's symbolism is very on-the-nose, but it works, so I'm all for it.

As for Kingdom Come, it's always interesting for me to read up on Bruce's son, Ibn al Xu'ffasch, after a reading. A lot of really great details in Waid and Ross' story.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
riding dirtbikes
and
wrestling lions
and

Also, did Gordon
like a badass?

As I read that bit with Gordon I literally said aloud "Dead". I know it's comics, but that's some circus shit right there. For my next trick, I will dive 50 feet into a paddling pool!

Filthy Slug

As I read that bit with Gordon I literally said aloud "Dead". I know it's comics, but that's some circus shit right there. For my next trick, I will dive 50 feet into a paddling pool!

Haha--somehow, in an issue like that, it definitely stood out, but you can't help but go along with it because Bats, Gordon, and Fox are finally taking on the Riddler.

Where Year One dealt with practicality and a very grounded take on Batman's life and world, Zero Year is all about that spectacle and superhuman theatricality. And purple gloves. Zero Year is all about the purple gloves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom