• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Fraction just posted this on his tumblr:
tumblr_n6lzz6S8Wj1rk5n91o1_500.jpg

Don't you fucking toy with me, Fraction. Don't you fucking do it. Don't. After Ant-Man and the Hawkguy delays, I cannot take more of this shit.

Is that a thing in the book? Maybe I should read it. Anything that even remotely sounds like Super Young Team I kind of have to read.
I'm not reading it either but there's supposed to be some WW2 heroine from the past and then her successor in the present, and the latter is named "Super Radiant Friend" or something. They got a Japanese mangaka to design her look.

EDIT:

Furyous

Futures End 5......

Why is there another time skip? Did another five years pass? In hindsight, Terry was an idiot just rushing into Terrictech. I'm still waiting on a Batman/Batman Beyond meeting. Bruce should've planned for everything to go to shit and made a hologram with the future history in it just in case Terry got sent back in time.

The regret on Terry's face and foreshadowing on page three is epic. He has this look of "you have no idea how much you ended the world's future you moron."

I'm convinced DC on a mission to kill all of the good parts of the new 52. Why did they kill OMAC with no explanation? His series ended and he hasn't been seen since and THIS is how he dies? At some point Terry and Tim should meet up and prepare to fix this mess. He should be more open to this than Bruce. Is that the firestorm battery on page 15?

At some point Terry need to explain everything that happened.

Voror

Guys, is it too late to talk about Batman
riding dirtbikes
and
wrestling lions
and
setting teachers' lawns on fire
? Because that was a hell on an issue.

Also, did Gordon
just jump off that building and freefall into the subway
like a badass?
Its NEVER to late...

Very curious about Original Sin,, And the last page of The Wake.

I realllllly need to start cutting back on buying so many damn comics not on my pull list.. getting ridiculous. Seems like there's a #1 coming out every week. It's sad I feel like I need to stop keeping up with comic news lol. Life struggles .

zeeaykay

Very curious about Original Sin,, And the last page of The Wake.

I realllllly need to start cutting back on buying so many damn comics not on my pull list.. getting ridiculous. Seems like there's a #1 coming out every week. It's sad I feel like I need to stop keeping up with comic news lol. Life struggles .
I feel ya man. This thread moves so fast I have given up on keeping up with it, which is too bad because I'm missing out on a lot of good discussion.

I've also seriously thought about going all trades. It's not like I don't have enough to read anyways. The thing that kills me is waiting six months for the next part of the story instead of one month.

Cheska

Has anyone in here read North 40 by Aaron Williams and Fiona Staples? I finished it last night, and I'd say I felt a little deflated by the time I was done with it. Sure, it was a self contained mini series, but I just felt like it lacked direction and many times something would happen, and I'd feel like it wasn't clarified or explained well enough.

I will say, Fiona Staples art has come a looooong way.

I'll probably start reading another piece of work she did, Mystery Society. That seems to be a little more up my alley.

Futures End 5......

Why is there another time skip? Did another five years pass?

There wasn't it's just saying 5 years in the future from the current DC universe.

Why did they kill OMAC with no explanation? His series ended and he hasn't been seen since and THIS is how he dies?

He was just in a bunch of Suicide Squad issues during the Forever Evil stuff. I could have sworn he turned up in 1 or 2 other books before that too.

Wife and I may have walked out of the comic shop with a Black Canary Bombshell statue that we did not plan on getting. This is all on her though.

Messi

Wife and I may have walked out of the comic shop with a Black Canary Bombshell statue that we did not plan on getting. This is all on her though.

You guys are nuts, don't act like you weren't happy to be leaving with it. Lol. Glorious statue.

Oh and what happened the statue ban? You guys made it less than a week.

You guys are nuts, don't act like you weren't happy to be leaving with it. Lol. Glorious statue.

Oh and what happened the statue ban? You guys made it less than a week.

I was banned. She was not, like I'm going to stop her or make her think about it. We will live in this 2 bedroom apartment forever. Lol.

Cheska

Was it $129.99? I have mine on order from BBTS for $99.99 but they don't appear to have it in stock yet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom