• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, when I read House of M and Civil War, I ground through all the tie ins, for better or worse. Annihilation too, although I was happy to do it there, because all the parts were great. But I can't do it for World War Hulk. Gamma Corps... holy shit what utter crap. I just can't push through it any more. I'm just going to hit the main storyline on WWH and move on.

Sadist

Amazing X-Men #8

Oh shiiiieeeeeet.

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #2

Pretty okay issue, prelude to some serious awesomeness.

Original Sin #3

WHHHHAAAAAAAT

tm24

More Original Sin #3 stuff

The 2 dudes in the shadow sequence. One is built like Bucky and has the shield uniform which Bucky is wearing at the end. That's not Bucky! "Bucky's" dialogue at the end has to be a hint. But that's not Fury and that's not Bucky

Okay, when I read House of M and Civil War, I ground through all the tie ins, for better or worse. Annihilation too, although I was happy to do it there, because all the parts were great. But I can't do it for World War Hulk. Gamma Corps... holy shit what utter crap. I just can't push through it any more. I'm just going to hit the main storyline on WWH and move on.

Don't, dude. WWH is best left forgotten in the scrap heap of failed Marvel events. It was only ever worth it for this:

Rockslide.jpg

As a nerd I can attest to an innate, instinctual love and need for trilogies in all aspects of my life, such as three meals a day, which means my lunches are rather unpleasant as the dark middle chapter.

The best post you have ever made.

Original Sin:
THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
My LCS doesn't give any discounts :( Not for my pull list of for any items I buy.

Never heard of an LCS that doesn't give discounts on a pull-list. That's pretty grimey.

Don't, dude. WWH is best left forgotten in the scrap heap of failed Marvel events. It was only ever worth it for this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wW1CS_TuO3c/TazKMe-5J6I/AAAAAAAADak/oUgVOtcm87E/s1600/Rockslide.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured I'd just read the main parts... WWH 1-6, The Incredible Hulk and maybe Front Line since I thought it was okay in House of M and Civil War. But paring it down to just those, they STILL couldn't keep it straight... Meik and Rick Jones meet in two totally different ways in TIH and WWH. General Ross joins the fight in two different ways. Amadeus Cho is in the middle of everything in TIH, and nowhere to be seen anywhere else. As much criticism as Civil War rightfully gets, at least it had a strong continuity, with a ton of scenes repeated from different perspectives, etc. WWH can't even get it straight between two books, telling the most simple story.

Oh, and why is Gary Frank's art so much worse in 2007 than it was in 1995? Different inkers or something, I guess.

[quote="Crewnh, post: 114725509"]And these:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've actually made it past the three issues of WWH: X-Men, and that wasn't too bad, really. Except for the standard question of when exactly the Hulk slipped away to go fight the X-Men (and Heroes for Hire, and Gamma Corps, etc), considering the main story just has him making one long stand in Manhattan, on live TV. All the tie in books make it seem like it takes place over several days or something, and in the main storyline, it's one afternoon.

Oh, and maybe I missed it, but Professor X seems to be back at the mansion, with his mutant-hood restored. I have no clue how or why, since last time I saw him, he was a Decimation de-poweree and Cyclops told him to fuck off in the storyline where Vulcan was introduced.

My LCS doesn't give any discounts :( Not for my pull list of for any items I buy.

Do you have other options for LCS? Cause like the others have said, that is kind of nuts, but Messi also mentioned not getting a discount; Are discounts for pull lists just more of a US thing? Do any of our ComicGAF Euro/Canada/Aus/Etc members get discounts at their shops?

My roommate and I specifically choose our shop because it offered a 25% discount.

Cheska

That's pathetic.

Never heard of an LCS that doesn't give discounts on a pull-list. That's pretty grimey.

Your LCS blows

Do you have other options for LCS? Cause like the others have said, that is kind of nuts, but Messi also mentioned not getting a discount; Are discounts for pull lists just more of a US thing? Do any of our ComicGAF Euro/Canada/Aus/Etc members get discounts at their shops?

My roommate and I specifically choose our shop because it offered a 25% discount.

I actually live in the US, California. I'm going to ask them again today, I mean, it's a really popular comic ship in the Bay Area..

More Original Sin #3 stuff

The 2 dudes in the shadow sequence. One is built like Bucky and has the shield uniform which Bucky is wearing at the end. That's not Bucky! "Bucky's" dialogue at the end has to be a hint. But that's not Fury and that's not Bucky

Yeah but
It's the exact same outfit and gear from the Dead Planet. Very curious to see how this shakes out.

tim1138

Just do yourself a favor and skip WWH altogether, it was terrible.

i get 20% for a $10 annual membership. i don't actually pull books. great fuckin deal though. my old LCS had the same deal.

I actually live in the US, California. I'm going to ask them again today, I mean, it's a really popular comic ship in the Bay Area..

... Guh. For some reason I just mistook you for La Maquinon, as far as where you lived. She was Canadian. Sorry about that.

But back on topic: You obviously buy a lot through them, yes? Definitely don't be afraid to throw a little weight around, politely of course. ;D

BpTdI0LIMAAY5za.jpg

I think I scared the person into buying this because right after I took the pic, mostly for Messi, they bought it.

Also here she is!

BpTfLSHIYAAhZFK.jpg

Kyle & Yost never cease to impress me with their ability to pull up the most boring of X-Men history. Amazing X-Men dropped.

Meanwhile, comics superstar legend GREG RUCKA, is knocking it out of the park with Cyclops. The best issue of the week, and probably the month. BY FAR.

Kyle & Yost never cease to impress me with their ability to pull up the most boring of X-Men history. Amazing X-Men dropped.

Meanwhile, comics superstar legend GREG RUCKA, is knocking it out of the park with Cyclops. The best issue of the week, and probably the month. BY FAR.

Is it just me or did Farmer's inks looks really crappy?

Or maybe it was the digital version? Anyone else get it? The linework looked artifaced as hell.

Anyone read Outcast yet? I'm sure my LCS probably pulled me a copy, but I'm wondering if its worth grabbing. I love The Walking Dead and Invincible, but I've been pretty "meh" on Kirkman's other work.

It's good to have Superior Foes back with the true creative team.

Also, this week's Captain America and Original Sin... Serious stuff

Anyone read Outcast yet? I'm sure my LCS probably pulled me a copy, but I'm wondering if its worth grabbing. I love The Walking Dead and Invincible, but I've been pretty "meh" on Kirkman's other work.
Much like United States of Murder Inc. last month, comic superstars are not getting the hype they so rightfully deserve.

Messi

You can, Messi. You can. It just requires... sacrifices...

Like rent. Or food.

Nowhere here stocks statues so I have to order online also. I'd love to be able to see them in person before buying. I'd buy so many more if I had a store that had statue cases.

That is an awesome statue, your wife has good taste!

Messi, did you ever get lamps for your place? Or am I confusing you for someone else? lol

I changed the plug and fixed the broken wall socket. I'm back in action.

Just stopped at the comic shop after a long while.

Got the new:

Punisher
Black Widow
Moon Knight
American Vampire
The Wake
The Bitter March
Southern Bastards
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man

and the Secret Avengers 2 I didn't get last time.

I also got AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE - VOL. 1. It's five bucks more in-store than on Amazon, but whatever. I'll grab Volume 2 on Amazon.

Pretty excited. I grabbed the one with this cover:

No discounts, but my (Canadian) shop sells at US cover prices and doesn't charge tax on pulls.

Where's this at?

Bad angle. She is high on book shelf.

BpTgoosIcAEKDsG.jpg

This is lovely. What other statues are out?

Got the new:

Punisher
Black Widow
Moon Knight
American Vampire
The Wake
The Bitter March
Southern Bastards

I also got AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE - VOL. 1. It's five bucks more in-store than on Amazon, but whatever. I'll grab Volume 2 on Amazon.

Where's this at?

Nice haul! That was the only new release statue to my knowledge. The Harley was new also, didn't even last an hour.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Jordie is the best colorist in the biz, her work in Zero is damn near transcendental.

Yeah it is. She's a bad motha'fucker to be coloring so many damn good books.

Messi

Got the new:

Punisher
Black Widow
Moon Knight
American Vampire
The Wake
The Bitter March
Southern Bastards

Where's this at?

These are the bombshells

Action Comics #32. All hail Pak. Lois may be selling Superman up the river, but Diana and Lana stay true. I'm actually really digging the Wonder Woman/Superman relationship.

aBhS4pk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom