• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
But how will you become a true champion if you don't pull 20 books a week.

Maybe you aren't Rongfield/Rafa/Me level?

probably a filthy casual like Grandharrier or Zombine

For a second, I thought you lumped me in with GH and Zombine.

Cheska

Man, I don't know if you guys have took a peak at next weeks release list but holy shit, a bomb is about to be dropped. The bomb is designed to vaporize wallets and minds.

$44 worth of comics, I have to cut back on stuff. This is just insane.

I wanna say they do

dat international shipping, man. 60 for two prints isn't too bad, depending on size. but it's also out of my range for prints
I have the original ones he sold, I posted them earlier this week. Honestly was well worth it, the quality was nice.

me? a.. a casual?

just wait until I post swag from SDCC. It'll be at least two of your weeks
I have the original ones he sold, I posted them earlier this week. Honestly was well worth it, the quality was nice.
What size are they? I don't have enough McKelvie art on my walls (I have none)

PsychBat!

Banned

image.php

Zombine

Banned

Lol I make it rain on a weekly basis. You guys should have rain coats at this point. I'm now going to drop $180 on hardcovers just because.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
What are some good sci-fi comics?

Black Science. It's fucking great, and it's Remender's spiritual follow-up to his other incredible science fiction comic, Fear Agent.

Bii

Man, I don't know if you guys have took a peak at next weeks release list but holy shit, a bomb is about to be dropped. The bomb is designed to vaporize wallets and minds.

I'm only spending $30 if I stick to my pull list. I'll definitely pick up Superman #32, that's the one with Geoff Johns right?

Espi

Banned
Black Science. It's fucking great, and it's Remender's spiritual follow-up to his other incredible science fiction comic, Fear Agent.

I will second Black Science.

Does Saga count?

i wanted to read Black Science but never got around to it, then ended up forgetting about it. I will definitely change that

and I would say Saga counts. Its like a sci-fi/fantasy hybrid, love the book.

Perhaps you've heard of the... LEGION OF SUPER HEROES? OF 31st CENTURY FAME?

But I will say, I enjoyed the comic versions of the Ender's Game book that Marvel did a couple of years ago. Ran for quite a number of issues. They did a few spin offs too.

Also enjoyed the 50 Girls 50. Both the old and the new stuff.

My roommate seems to enjoy the Judge Dredd comics quite a bit too.

Good lord, what are you all buying next week?

I'll do it twice, I have no shame.

AQUAMAN #32 $2.99
BATMAN #32 (ZERO YEAR) $3.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #12 $2.99
FLASH #32 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE #31 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #8 (WEEKLY) $2.99
RED LANTERNS #32 $2.99
SINESTRO #3 $2.99
SUPERMAN #32 $3.99
DEADLY CLASS #6 (MR) $3.50
REVIVAL #21 (MR) $2.99
SAGA #20 (MR) $2.99
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3 ANMN $3.99
MS MARVEL #5 $2.99
UNCANNY AVENGERS #21 ANMN $3.99
RACHEL RISING #26 $3.99

Messi

EXCLUSIVE SUPER EARLY PRELIMINARY LIST, CONTENTS MAY CHANGE

Batman #31
Batman Eternal #12
Catwoman #32
Harley Quinn #0 Directors Cut
Superman #32
Chew #42
COWL #2
Deadly Class #6
SAGA #6
All New Ghost Rider #4
Ms Marvel #5
Original Sins #2
Amazing Spider-Man #3

Hmm more than I thought at first.

Not buying the Harley directors cut Korupt?

Zombine

Banned
242.gif

What would you even buy. You gave ist so you would get like 10 books for that.

$160. Gotta pick up my Sandman books lol. That makes my ipad, the two weeks that passed in pull lists, all of sirens, gonna buy All
You Need is Kill vol 1&2, I ordered The variant of Wicked + Divine, and a few more things I can't remember lol.

Don't go to college like me and avoid all debt!
Seriously, full time work + a part time job and no debt. It's the good life. Work hard so you can play hard...or at least buy things you can do while you are laying on your bed half dead after work + gym.

Korupt, your list ain't shit, bro.

Also, if you're going to be getting into Lantern books that aren't part of the core
corps
you need to consider New Guardians. I enjoy it probably as much as I do Red Lanterns and it is its own thing.

Zombine

Banned
I feel dirty as fuck checking out with these Sandman Omnibi at IST... making me check off some parental guidance marker.

Edit: Done. Anyone need proof?

Aw shit. You had to go and ask....

Super-Early Super-List

Batman Eternal #12
Chew #42
Deadly Class #6
Invincible #112
Saga #20
Trees #2
Amazing Spider-Man #3
Guardians of the Galaxy #16
Ms. Marvel #5
Uncanny Avengers #21

Cheska

FUSE!! Awesome sci-fi detective series, with art by upcoming Stumptown artist Justin Greenwood.

I feel dirty as fuck checking out with these Sandman Omnibi at IST... making me check off some parental guidance marker.

Edit: Done. Anyone need proof?

I always enjoy seeing what people pick up from IST! It's become my weekly addiction.

Also, as someone who just bought both Sandman Omnibi, they are fucking beautiful!

Zombine

Banned
FUSE!! Awesome sci-fi detective series, with art by upcoming Stumptown artist Justin Greenwood.

I always enjoy seeing what people pick up from IST! It's become my weekly addiction.

Also, as someone who just bought both Sandman Omnibi, they are fucking beautiful!

I have honestly been eyeballing them for a LONG time. I'm planning on setting up the new Morpheus statue that is coming out this fall ^_^

The proof is more for Messi who doesn't believe that I'm hardcore lol.

Cheska know that this email is the point of no return. Those bad boys are shipping soon.

Messi

The Wicked and the Divine #1 FUCK. ME. That was awesome. It just flowed really well and the art is wonderful. Looking forward to where the story will take us. Mindless speculation and spoilers for the first issue.
The regeneration at the beginning of the book was really emotional for me. I have no idea why. I know nothing about those characters but there was a profound sense of sadness about the whole thing. Which leads me to my mindless speculation. The regeneration happens every two years? This is designed to be an emotional gut punch. When it eventually comes back around we will no doubt have fallen for these characters and it will make it all the more crushing. I was already starting to dig some of the characters in the first issue.

Phew.

Wow congrats Zombine, I hope you enjoy them.

ElNarez

Banned
The Wicked and the Divine #1 FUCK. ME. That was awesome. It just flowed really well and the art is wonderful. Looking forward to where the story will take us. Mindless speculation and spoilers for the first issue.
The regeneration at the beginning of the book was really emotional for me. I have no idea why. I know nothing about those characters but there was a profound sense of sadness about the whole thing. Which leads me to my mindless speculation. The regeneration happens every two years? This is designed to be an emotional gut punch. When it eventually comes back around we will no doubt have fallen for these characters and it will make it all the more crushing. I was already starting to dig some of the characters in the first issue.

Phew.

Wow congrats Zombine, I hope you enjoy them.

It's once a century, but for only two years.

Dead

well not really...yet
I got this yesterday:

Holy crap, this shit is insanity!

The stuff I'm seeing in this book looks like nothing else I've seen in a long time. Total chaos.

I fucking love Image Comics. Also got that badass Bryan Lee O' Malley Wicked and Divine variant.

I got this yesterday:

Holy crap, this shit is insanity!

The stuff I'm seeing in this book looks like nothing else I've seen in a long time. Total chaos.

Ah yes. Another Glory fan. IST shipped my copy, so I'm waiting for it. I already had the two tpb volumes, but the book is so rad that I had to upgrade.

Dead

well not really...yet
Ah yes. Another Glory fan. IST shipped my copy, so I'm waiting for it. I already had the two tpb volumes, but the book is so rad that I had to upgrade.
There's a shit load of extra material too, like layouts script pages, sketches, illustrations. Image always does an amazing job with their hardcovers.

I forgot to post what I picked up this week. :O

Marvel Comics
The Avengers #31 (dropped, should be last issue)
Daredevil #4
Elektra #3
Thor God of Thunder #23
Wolverine and the X-Men #5 (dropped, should be last issue)

DC Comics
Batman Eternal #11

Image Comics
Sex Criminals #6
The Wicked+The Divine #1

Other Publishers
The Auteur #4 (Oni Press)

Auteur had one of the most ridiculously over-the-top endings you could imagine. Just LOL

Someone explain this Glory to me. I saw this a while back and my interest was definitely
Piqued. Should I buy that too?

It's a continuation of the original Glory series by Rob Liefield from way back when. They even started this one at issue #23, but it reads just fine with no prior knowledge of the series. They give you a rundown of the original at the start of this one. In a nutshell, it's an awesome series. Fighting, monsters, blood, guts, exploding limbs and fire-breathing babies. Buy it.

Messi

It's once a century, but for only two years.

Ah so my prediction will likely never come to pass. Ah well.

That's kind of alot to spend on graphic novels. XD

Omg, Messi likes.... a good comic!?

Hey I usually read good books with a side weakness for feline dc books. But usually I read top quality stuff.

Sex Criminals #6 yep now we are going places. Some parts of this issue with Jon hit close to home with me. Really enjoying this series. Think I'll pick up the trade and re read it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wait wait wait. Sandman in its entirety is collected in just the two omnibuses!? I think because the Absolute editions are collected in five I thought there were five omnibuses too and that was the main thing putting me off reading/buying it.

This changes everything. I was wondering why so many people only had what I thought were the first two of five omnibuses on their shelves in shelf pics...

I really might have to buy that soon.

...Can't believe I just figured this out now. Haha

Zombine

Banned
It's a continuation of the original Glory series by Rob Liefield from way back when. They even started this one at issue #23, but it reads just fine with no prior knowledge of the series. They give you a rundown of the original at the start of this one. In a nutshell, it's an awesome series. Fighting, monsters, blood, guts, exploding limbs and fire-breathing babies. Buy it.

Any anatomy issues? Hearing Liefield makes me think green water, hoofed feet, and women without intestines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom