• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Fury Road was boring

giphy.gif

Green Lantern Omnibus - Rebirth - Finished reading this arc. Still enjoying it and all the new characters but, at this point, there is something missing from the series for me. It is starting to read like a summer blockbuster. Nothing wrong with that but it is a bit of a let down right after Starman.

Was away for 5 days but it took me another 2 days to catch up on 26 pages (!) of the thread. (It also looks like ComicsGAF is starting to get as memetic as FigureGAF had gotten. lol-who-reads-comics is the new you're-here-forever and my-wallet-is-dead).

Messi

Green Lantern Omnibus - Rebirth - Finished reading this arc. Still enjoying it and all the new characters but, at this point, there is something missing from the series for me. It is starting to read like a summer blockbuster. Nothing wrong with that but it is a bit of a let down right after Starman.

Was away for 5 days but it took me another 2 days to catch up on 26 pages (!) of the thread. (It also looks like ComicsGAF is starting to get as memetic as FigureGAF had gotten. lol-who-reads-comics is the new you're-here-forever and my-wallet-is-dead).

Except we are totally all still buying and reading comics and 90% of us talk about them.

frye

a few years ago when I bought Miller/Janson DD vol 1 and Ghost in the Shell from some dude on craigslist he was also selling a copy of Domu for like 40 bucks and I didn't bite because I was a dumb fuck teenager and I've regretted it ever since FUCK

That comic is dumb continuity cleanup stuff that sets up the rest of the run so maybe you'll like the rest more idk

Drayco21

You know what was a surprisingly good Spider-Man story?

Spider-Men. Weird how nothing came out of that ending.

Bendis claims it's still happening, it just got delayed by Superior Spider-Man and the Spider-Verse On-Slott. I wonder if he's still going to bother now that Miles is coming to the main universe though.

a few years ago when I bought Miller/Janson DD vol 1 and Ghost in the Shell from some dude on craigslist he was also selling a copy of Domu for like 40 bucks and I didn't bite because I was a dumb fuck teenager and I've regretted it ever since FUCK

YOU FOOL

That comic is dumb continuity cleanup stuff that sets up the rest of the run so maybe you'll like the rest more idk

That might explain it. It all felt a bit rushed, especially Natu's quick turn around. Hopefully all that is explored further in the run.

i was into it but yeah, i'm curious what's going to happen now that 1610 Miles is coming to the mainline U

Bendis claims it's still happening, it just got delayed by Superior Spider-Man and the Spider-Verse On-Slott. I wonder if he's still going to bother now that Miles is coming to the main universe though.

It feels like Marvel just wants it to be a What If? story. Was it ever brought up in Ultimate Spider-Man?

Drayco21

It feels like Marvel just wants it to be a What If? story. Was it ever brought up in Ultimate Spider-Man?

I'm pretty sure Miles mentions having met another world's Peter Parker a couple times in Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, and they definitely reference their past meeting when Spider-Verse happens as far as the 616 side goes. It reminds me of that Peter/Miguel crossover back in the day that way.

it's okay, we all make mistakes

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

It was brought up a time or two, and in Secret Wars 3
Miles and Peter know each other.

There's a Doctor Strange reference in the first episode of Sense8. I love that we live in a world where things can have references to Doctor Strange.

Top Bottom