• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2014. Longshot and Domino are hogging all the four-leaf clovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it. I really loved the idea of Voodoo, loved the gorgeous, sexy art (Sami Basri pls), but people just dropped off hard after Ron Marz was removed from the title. Talked to him about it at ECCC. He seemed bummed that he didn't get a chance to continue playing out the gray area Voodoo inhabited.
Nooooooooooooooo. Marz and Basri were working so well together. Glad to know you got some personal resolution by asking him about it.

Hey Marvel brahs, did Ghost Rider get delayed? I was looking forward to that this week.
Nope, it's been shipped:
http://www.previewsworld.com/shipping/newreleases.txt

Nooooooooooooooo. Marz and Basri were working so well together. Glad to know you got some personal resolution by asking him about it.

Yeah. They dropped Marz really fast too. Like issue 5? Then Joshua Williamson came in, if I recall, and did that clone bullshit so they could... I don't know... Fix what they felt was wrong with her? It was weird. Felt like they thought Voodoo was too EXTREME and not relatable enough when she was wasting fools who needed wasting. Oh well.

Hey Marvel brahs, did Ghost Rider get delayed? I was looking forward to that this week.

As far as I know it is getting delayed?,, my local store said looks like he's not getting it this week.
ComicList.com doesn't have it on this weeks Marvel releases anymore either.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Actually they very much do have a real Judeo Christian God. The Phantom Stranger has traversed to Heaven a couple times and God often appears to him in the physical form of a dog. The Spectre still serves God and there is a N52 version of Zauriel who has been in the Forever Evil Blight story.
I think the bigger problem is there's no sense of hierarchy of all the random deities and demons that populate the DCU. You have old gods, New Gods, God, angels, heaven, hell, and demons but no sense of how they all fit together. But again, oh well, it's just funny books.

Hierarchy's that include various different pantheons both real and imagined always seem like such bullshit to me. I mean, how do you include the Judeo Christian God in the same world as Hindu God's as you do New God's. The mythologies of some of these don't work in the presence of others.

Marvel's cosmology is such bullshit too.

I feel you just have to separate them out and view them individually.

Both of these sound like great stories in the making. The War of the Gods would be amazing.

Weird, comixology is showing next week.

My store didn't get it in.

As far as I know it is getting delayed?,, my local store said looks like he's not getting it this week.
ComicList.com doesn't have it on this weeks Marvel releases anymore either.
Supposedly some retailers have gotten it but most have not but Marvel is telling the ones who did to hold off because of some printing/distribution issues:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03...one-directions-zayn-maliks-comic-book-career/
No wonder Diamond had it listed.

Yeah. They dropped Marz really fast too. Like issue 5? Then Joshua Williamson came in, if I recall, and did that clone bullshit so they could... I don't know... Fix what they felt was wrong with her? It was weird. Felt like they thought Voodoo was too EXTREME and not relatable enough when she was wasting fools who needed wasting. Oh well.
Yeah, it was ridiculous how they changed the direction so abruptly. The starting lineup of the Nu52 was actually very diverse.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Isn't that just Chaos War? And terrible?

Shipments to Gotham are probably getting delayed all the time.

Not heard of Chaos War so no idea! But it seems strange that only a handful of writers have tried to explore the practicalities of religion in a world of actual gods, where stuff like the judeochristian God is real.

I bought the Saga vol 3 tpb instead of the green Arrow tpb today. Come at me.

Oh, the meandering bullshit issues. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! And good choice avoiding the stellar tale that Lemire is crafting in Green Arrow with the gorgeous Sorrentino artwork to visually feast on. That would have been a waste.

5A5jnz7.png

Only because you asked.

tim1138

hmmm good question...! I reckon Mark Waid would smash it, it needs someone who can both go big and street level at the same time. Maybe Busiek? Jason Aaron maybe too.

Busiek and Waid would both be great choices, and then of course you have to go big and have Alex Ross on the art. I'm not familiar enough with Aaron to comment one way or another, only thing of his I've really read was that first Thor trade.

Owzers

I'll buy the first issue of The Wicked + The Divine and Outcast. I'm hoping there aren't too many books i want in June to make room for that Batman Unwrapped: Court of Owls.

8bit

Knows the Score
RIP Steve Moore : http://strangeattractor.co.uk/further/steve-moore-1949-2014/

Steve was a warm, wise and gentle man, with a surreal sense of humour and an astoundingly deep knowledge that covered history, the I Ching, forteana, magic, oriental mysticism, martial arts cinema, science fiction, underground comics and worlds more.

Steve was amongst the earliest members of the Gang of Fort, who launched Fortean Times magazine in the early 1970s, and the author of a great many influential comics and short stories for publications including 2000AD, Warrior, Dr Who magazine and, most recently, the Hercules series for Radical Publishing. At the time of his death he was working on a number of new projects, including his ongoing, privately published Tales of Telguuth and The Bumper Book of Magic, with his lifelong friend Alan Moore.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Busiek and Waid would both be great choices, and then of course you have to go big and have Alex Ross on the art. I'm not familiar enough with Aaron to comment one way or another, only thing of his I've really read was that first Thor trade.

Aaron is a fucking great writer. Check out Scalped asap, Tim. It's a phenomenal book that I think will fall in line with the other Vertigo titles you seem to enjoy.

Oh, the meandering bullshit issues. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! And good choice avoiding the stellar tale that Lemire is crafting in Green Arrow with the gorgeous Sorrentino artwork to visually feast on. That would have been a waste.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is in love with the artwork. The story is great but this is the first time in ages I can remember being excited each month just to see the new art. He always keeps it fresh and the full page drawings he does is gorgeous.

You're crossing the line Messi. I left Harley Quinn on my pull list and this is how you repay me?

ReAxion

I want Wicked + Divine so bad. Unbridled hype.

I bought & read Harley Quinn #1 & Green Arrow #17 last night. I'm probably in for a lot more Arrow, and I'll take another shot at Harley, but it didn't grab me off the bat. Still, good recs, as always, guys.

Messi

I want Wicked + Divine so bad. Unbridled hype.

I bought & read Harley Quinn #1 & Green Arrow #17 last night. I'm probably in for a lot more Arrow, and I'll take another shot at Harley, but it didn't grab me off the bat. Still, good recs, as always, guys.

Harley #2 like I said :p

arkon

I see a new printing of Godland hardcover volume 1 in the image solicitations for june. Nice. I've been waiting to try that series out.

Yeah, Harley #2 is by far the best and I hope Ivy comes back soon since I feel like I'm going to bitter on the series if she doesn't after how good she was. The interaction between the two seems really cool.

Toa TAK

Banned
Really interested in seeing how everything set up in Annual #2 will pay off in SSM#30.

Also enjoyed Ms. Marvel #2, great follow up from the first.

Messi

Yeah, Harley #2 is by far the best and I hope Ivy comes back soon since I feel like I'm going to bitter on the series if she doesn't after how good she was. The interaction between the two seems really cool.

She is back in #7. Ivy will never leave Harley. They are best buds.

Omg, this scene in Harley 4 just made it into my top 3 of the month. What's with the new artist though?

Edit, read all of it. This is the issue that really solidifies this book as something special. This is the issue where they really found their stride.

Lombaszko

Wonder Woman was excellent.
They're ramping up the story for a big, grand finale. I love how they handled Hera. I hope to see Zeus' return at some point too.
Any word yet who the creative team will be after Azzarello and Chiang leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom