• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I was looking through the Amazon listings for the Justice League N52 volumes (I have vol 1, planning on getting the rest soon), and I just noticed Jim Lee was only doing the art in the first two volumes, at which point they switched to Ivan Reis. That makes me kind of sad, as Lee is one of my favorites. I'm not really too familiar with Reis. Do you guys feel like that switch made the series any worse, or does Reis do an equally good job?

Reis is easily a top-tier "traditional" comic artist. His Aquaman stuff is fucking gorgeous, no small thanks to the amazing colour/inking from Jon Frado and Rod Reis.

Seriously, check out Aquaman. Hot damn.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My list for this week.....

STARFIRE #6
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #12
WICKED & DIVINE #16
INFINITY GAUNTLET #5
SECRET WARS #7
SQUADRON SINISTER #4
THORS #4

Manifest Destiny #7
TMNT #4

Secret Six Vol. 3: Cat's Cradle

Really good. Really liked the whole "Suicide Squad vs Secret Six" arc, but wasn't feeling the fact that it was a Blackest Night tie-in. Worked out well enough, though. Cat's in the Cradle was a really good arc. Damn Blake, you scary. Black Alice is an okay character. More interested in Bane and Jeanette's new team. Mostly because of King Shark.

Looking forward to vol. 4, whenever that drops.

My list. Pretty excited for it.

My BuyList via Comics Day App
BATMAN #46 $3.99
BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #6 $2.99
BATMAN BEYOND #6 $2.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARKSEID WAR GREEN LANTERN #1 $3.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE DARKSEID WAR SHAZAM #1 $3.99
STARFIRE #6 $2.99
SUPERMAN AMERICAN ALIEN #1 $3.99
DESCENDER #7 CVR A NGUYEN $2.99
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #12 (MR) $3.50
DARTH VADER #12 $3.99

Speaking of Don Rosa, Don Rosa Library Edition vol. 3 nd 4 are releasing in a few weeks' time :D

Got mine yesterday. :D

8yh9811.jpg

gabbo

51ouXd7bt4L._SL1500_.jpg

Can't wait for this. All of Lemire's GA run. Amazon says it's coming in January, but I don't know if that's the real date or not. Still, very excited.

His run on Animal Man was awesome (or at least, a majority of the arc). Will have to take a look at this

AMAZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
Could you post about the contents of Vol. 4? Apparently they snuck Ch. 0 of Life and Times into it.

Yes, they did. It contains #0 where Magica goes time travelling. After that, it has #1 - #7 of Life and Times. Don Rosa's 'making of' commentary is included too, but it is bunched up at the end of the volume instead of between each chapter.

No companion stories though.

Tizoc

Yes, they did. It contains #0 where Magica goes time travelling. After that, it has #1 - #7 of Life and Times. Don Rosa's 'making of' commentary is included too, but it is bunched up at the end of the volume instead of between each chapter.

No companion stories though.

So #0 shows up FIRST? That really feels out of place. It should be the first 7 issues THEN the #0 story.

Owzers

Any strong feelings on Diablo 3 Reaper of Messi ps4 or NBA 2k16 ps4? Those black friday sales are enticing and i'm low on multi-player games assuming i can get my friend to get diablo. I had played 2k14 and was kinda blah on it, and i played through all of diablo 3 on pc when it first came out but i heard it was improved.

Tizoc

Any strong feelings on Diablo 3 Reaper of Messi ps4 or NBA 2k16 ps4? Those black friday sales are enticing and i'm low on multi-player games assuming i can get my friend to get diablo. I had played 2k14 and was kinda blah on it, and i played through all of diablo 3 on pc when it first came out but i heard it was improved.

Why not just make a thread in GD and ask there? Hell there's a dang community thread for Diablo 3-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1111739&highlight=diablo

All I can tell you is that co-op it's good so grab it on PS4 if you find it for cheap.

Boogiepop

!

Don Rosa is showing up at the Detroit comic con next year. I have to go.

He was at the con I went to earlier in the year, but I was kind of too intimidated since I had only read the first two book set from him as far duck books go. (Plus I was already bringing the first Usagi Yojimbo Saga for signing and knew I was picking stuff up, so that would've been a lot of weight to lug around). I feel like that fear may have been justified as he had a big old sign that was like "these are NOT Ducktales, these are the original, "true" stories" or something to that effect.

Also hell yeah, Nintendo Directs are back!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
His run on Animal Man was awesome (or at least, a majority of the arc). Will have to take a look at this

His Green Arrow run is way more focused than his Animan run, and it's a much, much better story. Lemire builds some really cool ideas into Green Arrow and gives Olly a family that ends up being a great fulcrum for the story. And yo, Sorrentino's art is fucking phenomenal.

VanWinkle

Reis is easily a top-tier "traditional" comic artist. His Aquaman stuff is fucking gorgeous, no small thanks to the amazing colour/inking from Jon Frado and Rod Reis.

Seriously, check out Aquaman. Hot damn.

Reis is a stronger artist than Lee, especially the flabby ass "no really guys I can totally hold a monthly schedule" Lee on Justice League

He works in the tradition of Lee anyways so it's an easy transition

Cool. Thanks guys.

Reis is pretty great. It is the pinnacle of DC house style, to me. Everything looks like a superhero comic should. Since you are asking about Reis, read Johns run of Aquaman with him. It is very good, I'd say a lot better than the Nu52 Justice League.

Also, if you want your books in good condition, check out instocktrades.com. They frequently have DC and marvel trades 45% off, and they pack the books reasonably, and don't just throw it in a large box, and then down a flight of stairs.

I'm going to wait for the Aquaman omnibus to get that. I am definitely excited to read it, though. And, yeah, I use IST almost exclusively to buy my stuff, but Amazon has the far superior searching and browsing experience, so I do all of that kind of stuff on there.

Messi

NBA2k is awesome

Once Witchblade ends Switch is gonna be put on life support.

This is a Sejic book, it started on life support. Failure is in Sejic's DNA because he is too nice to scumbag people

VanWinkle

I bought a used copy of Eternals by Neil Gaiman on Amazon for $6 with Prime shipping. Came today and turns out it's in oversize format, which I was surprised/happy about. So now I have my first Marvel OHC. :)

The dust jacket isn't in very good condition, but the book outside of that looks practically new. The binding was so tight it felt like it had never been open.

Owzers

I bought a used copy of Eternals by Neil Gaiman on Amazon for $6 with Prime shipping. Came today and turns out it's in oversize format, which I was surprised/happy about. So now I have my first Marvel OHC. :)

The dust jacket isn't in very good condition, but the book outside of that looks practically new. The binding was so tight it felt like it had never been open.

Nobody reads comics.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I want a new story that deals with Gwen Stacys kids again. We have seen Gabriel as Iron Patriot a couple of years ago, but I really want to see Sarah again.
Maybe how they struggle with the accelerated ageing or something like this.

Sandfox

I want a new story that deals with Gwen Stacys kids again. We have seen Gabriel as Iron Patriot a couple of years ago, but I really want to see Sarah again.
Maybe how they struggle with the accelerated ageing or something like this.
I'm sure most people want to pretend that never happened though it would make for a strange Spider-Gwen story.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm sure most people want to pretend that never happened though it would make for a strange Spider-Gwen story.
... Oh shit I need this for sure now :D But I trust Slott here. He often revisits disliked stories from Stacynskis era and makes something cool out of it.

Is Spider-Gwen still set in her own universe?

Sandfox

... Oh shit I need this for sure now :D But I trust Slott here. He often revisits disliked stories from Stacynskis era and makes something cool out of it.

Is Spider-Gwen still set in her own universe?
Yes, but it looks like the Spiders can easily switch over post Spider-Verse based on what we know.
Yeah, that sounds like an awful idea.
Marvel is probably never going to mention them ever again.

gabbo

His Green Arrow run is way more focused than his Animan run, and it's a much, much better story. Lemire builds some really cool ideas into Green Arrow and gives Olly a family that ends up being a great fulcrum for the story. And yo, Sorrentino's art is fucking phenomenal.

I've read maybe a handful of Green Arrow comics in the past, so that sounds excellent, especially if this is a reboot/starting from scratch TPB

Jesus Fucking Christ Sony. Can you NOT release your shitty PS system updates no one cares about on a day there ISN'T a huge fucking release that everyone wants to play immediately?

El Topo

The Wicked + The Divine #16: The 12 year-old is by far the smartest and most likeable character. Nice insight into Morrigan. The last panel is pretty funny and promises revelation next issue. I think that's all.

Bii

The Wicked + The Divine #16: The 12 year-old is by far the smartest and most likeable character. Nice insight into Morrigan. The last panel is pretty funny and promises revelation next issue. I think that's all.

How's Leila Del Duca's art?

Pre-registration is happening for SDCC 2016 this Saturday. I'm thinking of skipping it. X_X

Top Bottom