• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

frye

Yeah, I really enjoyed that entire scene. When the goons crash through the wall, there's some great play with the effects there as well.

QgRq14U.jpg

heck yeah

plqCzDk.jpg

the lightning strike a few pages before that too!!

RjxCpt0.jpg

and SHAZAM! in DK2

One of my favorite panels, that I never really took notice of before, was during the whole "awakening" scene, how when Thomas and Martha's deaths are interspliced in the panels, there are a bunch with the classic image of Matha's pearl necklace coming apart, but then there's one of it back together and whole just as Bruce decides to become the Bat once again

i think him losing his moustache around when that happens is such a funny gag too

VanWinkle

I just can't get over how good Gotham Central is. The stories and writing are SO compelling, the characters are interesting and varied, and the art is so nice. It's not really detailed, but it's very cinematic with some great angles and direction.

I only managed to read the first two chapters so far, but it's really good so far. Never managed to get into American comics besides the casual Batman or Hawkeye every once in a while, but this is right up my alley!

Painted on black paper does great things to the atmosphere and if the writing keeps up, I can see myself buying all of the Library books.

Is Hellboy consistent in its quality? It seems like there is a new writer from Library part 4 onwards? Do you recommend a place where I should cut off, or should I just keep reading?
It actually gets better. The second library edition is entirely comprised of short stories, so keep that in mind if you pick it up. But it stays great throughout. The final trilogy and Conqueror Worm are the real highlights IMO.

Mike Mignola does stop doing the art after Library Edition 3, but he remains on writing, so if you like the writing that won't change. The artists he picks are fantastic so it's not a huge loss.

I just can't get over how good Gotham Central is. The stories and writing are SO compelling, the characters are interesting and varied, and the art is so nice. It's not really detailed, but it's very cinematic with some great angles and direction.

You are in for a treat. I read it all over the summer. It's so good.

tim1138

I highly recommend the original (and only good) Suicide Squad run by John Ostrander for anyone looking to take advantage of the DC sale on Monday.

I highly recommend the original (and only good) Suicide Squad run by John Ostrander for anyone looking to take advantage of the DC sale on Monday.

I hate Comixology and their tendency to have sales right after I blow my last bit of money for the month on statues or other comics. I'd love the Ostrander SS run. Or Clannad on Steam. Or Alias on CMX. alas.

I emailed a nice letter to my comic guy about my move to digital. He said he's sorry to see me go but he understands.

I am now free of the print menace. Enjoy your floppies, you tree-murderers. I'll still be buying trades, tho.

Messi

I emailed a nice letter to my comic guy about my move to digital. He said he's sorry to see me go but he understands.

I am now free of the print menace. Enjoy your floppies, you tree-murderers. I'll still be buying trades, tho.

You can't go back to that store. You do realize that right?

Girl. You fucked up.

Owzers

Ain't no stock in digital bro

That's what everyone thinks before the out of stock sign gets put up.

I cancelled my battlefront best buy in-store pickup copy even though i got it for $30, then it gets announced that there will be more free maps for it. To make up for it, i bought a copy of CoD Advanced Warfare ps4 for $11.99 ( $7 with my $5 coupon thingy)....i don't think this worked out well, i feel like the Rockets after firing McHale.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Rumble is another one of those books I was interested in until I saw the art.

I cancelled my battlefront best buy in-store pickup copy even though i got it for $30, then it gets announced that there will be more free maps for it. To make up for it, i bought a copy of CoD Advanced Warfare ps4 for $11.99 ( $7 with my $5 coupon thingy)....i don't think this worked out well, i feel like the Rockets after firing McHale.

That would have still been a bad deal even if they had paid you $12 to take AW off their hands.

Owzers

Rumble is another one of those books I was interested in until I saw the art.

That would have still been a bad deal even if they had paid you $12 to take AW off their hands.

O____________O The last CoD game i played was Black Ops on ps3, i did enjoy team deathmatch multi for awhile.

good luck getting your books, i bet it's like the amazon hourly deals where they sell out in a minute.
Hah I need to do prep because it's only one day and a work day. Usually these mega sales last a couple days so I can work through the entire catalog in time. I wouldn't want to wait until the last couple hours of the sale to start working.

Man I've got all sorts of goodies lined up. I can't wait!

That's what everyone thinks before the out of stock sign gets put up.

Fighter Squadron alone is more fun than AW's multiplayer.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
GET YA LISTS OUT, GET YE LISTS OUT, GET YA LISTS OUT FOR THE LADS

Aquaman 46
B&R Eternal 8
Dark Knight III #1 (of 8)
Flash 46
Grayson 14
Justice League of America 5

Chew 52
Ringside 1
Saga 31

All new Wolverine 1
Carnage 2
Chewbacca 4 (of 5)
Darth Vader 13
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Silver Surfer 15

MG310

Shield Omnibus with the Alex Ross cover...54.99

Shield Omnibus with the TV show cast cover..39.99.

tumblr_nyazksYNZt1ui54szo3_500.gif

Sadly it's still a difficult choice

Fallout Update: I have ditched Codsworth and traded up to the best Wasteland Waifu.
Piper..with a side of Nick Valentine

Boogiepop

Kabuki Library Edition v2 is out today on IST. They seem to be releasing these at a fairly quick pace.

Usagi Yojimbo Saga v5 is out too.

Yup, plus Vol. #2 of Squirrel Girl, so I'm definitely placing an order.

Also, to confirm for Baltimore I'm seeing four trades on IST for the comic stuff, would that indeed be all of it? That+Sledgehammer 44 is all I still need Mignola-wise...

Messi

Has anyone looked at the Uncanny X-Men #1 preview? What's with the lack of backgrounds in 90% of the panels. Just colour gradients. I think I might pass even though I love the characters on the team. I can't take that art.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
i think him losing his moustache around when that happens is such a funny gag too
It's hilarious, especially considering the whole moment.

And dude, I've never read Dark Knight Strikes Again. I'm going into it super fucking excited though, so I'll probably talk about it at the end of the week.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Planet Hulk #1 (secret wars) is fantastic so far, really enjoying everything about it.

Has anyone looked at the Uncanny X-Men #1 preview? What's with the lack of backgrounds in 90% of the panels. Just colour gradients. I think I might pass even though I love the characters on the team. I can't take that art.

Link?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
GET YA LISTS OUT, GET YE LISTS OUT, GET YA LISTS OUT FOR THE LADS

Aquaman 46
B&R Eternal 8
Dark Knight III #1 (of 8)
Flash 46
Grayson 14
Justice League of America 5

Chew 52
Ringside 1
Saga 31

All new Wolverine 1
Carnage 2
Chewbacca 4 (of 5)
Darth Vader 13
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Silver Surfer 15

Already did it but I'll do it again!

New Stuff
Black Magick 2
Chew 52
Saga 31
Switch 2

Old Stuff
Manifest Destiny 9
TMNT 6
Outer God 3

Don't see anything on the IST sale that I really ~need~. I was hoping for some Fantagraphics things that I was looking at to go on sale but they have the normal price, sigh.

Owzers

I decided to try out some more Guardians of the Galaxy after reading the Jean in Cages crossover story with All New, started the new story arch issue #14 where Venom joins the team and the issue seemed kinda dull and Venom called Drax "Mr. Drax". That was weird. The story is still Starlord and his father having aggressive conversations.

Top Bottom