• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is this Manifest Destiny book that I keep hearing about on the comicvine podcast?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, did anyone grab that Dark Knight Saga deluxe edition hardcover? If so, how is it?

I did, yo. It's solid. It doesn't seem like they've fucked with anything (color-wise/art-wise). The pages are thin as hell, like standard new DC Deluxe thin, but it's not terrible. For the Instocktrades price right now, I think it's an easy buy.

frye

It's hilarious, especially considering the whole moment.

And dude, I've never read Dark Knight Strikes Again. I'm going into it super fucking excited though, so I'll probably talk about it at the end of the week.

awww yeah, that's awesome

it's a divisive book even if you don't go in expecting more Dark Knight Returns but it's a fascinating way to do a sequel to one of defining superhero comics of the modern era and i like it a whole bunch

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gket did you read Secret Wars stuff as it happened or did you MU-wait?

Rhaknar

aqtwhV4.jpg

Batman without his cape looks weird :/

Dat Civil War trailer!

My take on the trailer

Was cool at the start and then more and more the civil and avengers crap kept seeping into my cap movie. Ugh. I wish this could just be a captain America movie about him, falcon, Bucky, a villain, etc. not another spring board for the next big event that just leads to the even bigger big event, That leads to the biggest big that's ever bigged. I want the sequel to winter soldier. Not a stupid civil war movie, and not with a bloated cast of every hero ever in it. You want to do that stuff take it to another film.

MG310

The casual Panther drop doesn't give me too much hope that he'll have a worthwhile role...especially with the huge cast.

Still hyped though.

Think I'm an issue or two behind, so not sure. It isn't a fantastic comic tbh, but I like Flash.
He's looked like that since the DCYou push started. All shiny and shit. Just curious. I assumed it's just an artist change
I don't know why he's even in the movie. Love Panther, but make his debut be with his own movie
It appeared that he was going to play the Spidey role, but then Marvel got the Spidey rights back so he really has no reason to be in it anymore

PsychBat!

Banned
On the one hand, yes, the fanbase can be overly defensive. On the other hand, that "overly defensive" attitude is blown up by a lot of others, especially those who are (and this is definitely true on GAF) overly critical of the MCU.

Any differing opinion is dogpiled. And I'm not even critical of the MCU. I love the MCU. Only movies I didn't like were IM3 and AoU. But any legit criticism of any movie or show gets stampeded with no prejudice.

This DOES NOT mean I'm a fan of anyone who indiscriminately bashes the movies with no reason. Or that I agree with their opinions that are obviously out of pure spite.

Owzers

Loki #4 was pretty good but i forgot some of what happened previously since i waited so long to read the issue and i also forgot a lot of Journey into Mystery but not so much that i said " when was loki a kid?"

In between those two levels of comic remembrance.

Rhaknar

Main series as it happened until issue 7. Tie ins I'm waiting on MU

Been reading them then? My quick rating on them so far:

A-Force #1 - fun, im intrigued

Ultimate End #1 - super boring

Deadpool's Secret SW #1 - the og SW half was fun, the contest of champions half was not

Battleworld #1 - liked it, first half with punistrange was awesome, second half with all the modoks was silly.

Planet Hulk #1 - fantastic, my favorite so far

Saw the Captain America: Civil War trailer. I liked it a lot. Seemed more Cap and less Avengers then I thought it would.
Any differing opinion is dogpiled. And I'm not even critical of the MCU. I love the MCU. Only movies I didn't like were IM3 and AoU. But any legit criticism of any movie or show gets stampeded with no prejudice.

This DOES NOT mean I'm a fan of anyone who indiscriminately bashes the movies with no reason. Or that I agree with their opinions that are obviously out of pure spite.

Pretty much. Really, the only time I get upset is when people are hyperbolic. At which point I don't address it, because then I'm coming off as the overly defensive one.

But I find there's a large chunk of people who do actually just hate on the MCU for the sake of it. Like they don't want MCU fans to have fun, or something. Which is funny because, as far as I'm concerned, MCU fans love the MCU because it's fun, and they like to have fun.

Rhaknar

Pretty much. Really, the only time I get upset is when people are hyperbolic. At which point I don't address it, because then I'm coming off as the overly defensive one.

But AoU was the worst movie ever made

:3

I actually thought it was alright, but definitely on the lower end of the MCU quality pole.
I also thought the first was just ok lol

PsychBat!

Banned
But I find there's a large chunk of people who do actually just hate on the MCU for the sake of it. Like they don't want MCU fans to have fun, or something. Which is funny because, as far as I'm concerned, MCU fans love the MCU because it's fun, and they like to have fun.
I like to have fun too, and I love the MCU and it's expansion to different territories.
Doesn't mean that I share the same opinions as everyone else who likes it, that just makes me a sheep at best and a mindless fanboy at worst.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I like to have fun too, and I love the MCU and it's expansion to different territories.
Doesn't mean that I share the same opinions as everyone else who likes it, that just makes me a sheep at best and a mindless fanboy at worst.

Its about me, so I just wanted to say, that, like I said, my patience is generelly low on stupid things that are posted here on neogaf.
When it comes from people I regulary interact on a regular base and which I like, I am more forgiving, and would not be that vocal.

Making a big deal out of something like a color of a pill or the regular unrealistic things that happen in fictional medias on a regular base is a very stupid thing for me.

But AoU was the worst movie ever made

:3

I actually thought it was alright, but definitely on the lower end of the MCU quality pole.
I also thought the first was just ok lol
Same, though I really liked the first, so I can't agree there.

Agreed, though sharing the same opinions doesn't really make you a sheep if you know for a fact that YOU are the reason for those opinions, and not because someone said something that sounded good and you went "yeah."
Greg Land is back, baby!!!

Reading this book is gonna be rough, but I have to read it because it looks so cool.

PsychBat!

Banned
Its about me, so I just wanted to say, that, like I said, my patience is generelly low on stupid things that are posted here on neogaf.
When it comes from people I regulary interact on a regular base and which I like, I am more forgiving, and would not be that vocal.

Making a big deal out of something like a color of a pill or the regular unrealistic things that happen in fictional medias on a regular base is a very stupid thing for me.

Nah man. It's not even about you. You got pissed off at a comment, it happens. I don't blame you. Like I said, there's a large majority just saying shit and hating on the MCU without actually looking and I don't approve of that either.

@BKatastrophe: I understand.

spent the day in the office reading Aquaman....

I seriously almost got an erection reading Black Manta scenes. Aquaman is cooler than I thought but damn... Manta is the shit.

deleted

It actually gets better. The second library edition is entirely comprised of short stories, so keep that in mind if you pick it up. But it stays great throughout. The final trilogy and Conqueror Worm are the real highlights IMO.

Mike Mignola does stop doing the art after Library Edition 3, but he remains on writing, so if you like the writing that won't change. The artists he picks are fantastic so it's not a huge loss.

Oh, okay - I didn't know that. So If I want to 'continue' the story, I'll have to go straight to book 3?

Sadly the books are relatively expensive - I'll have too look into a place where I can get them a bit cheaper. On the other hand they are of such a nice quality, that I'd prefer them new and mint... At least one for me at Christmas though is a given :p

Civil War trailer was kinda cool.

I'm always conflicted on the choreography of fight scenes when it's not between Superman level fighters...its like in Winter Soldier it looked cool but it didn't look like a fight, and it still looks super slick/clean (too much) but it'll be a fun movie. I liked the exchange before the throwdown between Cap and Tony about being friends.

That said Cap feels very much like a product of the age he grew up in, which is obvious, but it still informs his worldview in the time of the movies very much. Tony is the, not quite the opposite, analogue in that he's a product of the times of the movies quite a bit. I'm assuming there will be more expo and depth to it in the movies but at the moment I feel like...

#TeamIronMan

tim1138

Welp, there is definitely a nipple in Master Race. For me at least, there is a weird disconnect seeing Andy Kubert aping Frank Miller, but it was a good first issue and I'm definitely intrigued to see where this is going.

Mindwipe

I'm kinda tempted to buy all of The Boys but I think I'll wait and see what happens to my moolah on BF.

The Marvel trade offers for this week on CMX are not very good. I'm not going to pay £4.99 to read House of M. Especially when MU exists.

Only one of today's books I read so far was MTMTE #47, which I liked a lot and went in a completely different direction to where I thought, in an interesting way.

Top Bottom