• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

tim1138

It feels weird to be saying this, but don't sleep on DK3 y'all. I feel pretty safe saying it's not what you're expecting it to be.

Wooo!

Nobody fear, I'm not gonna clog up the thread with my impressions this week.

I'll save that for the hangout :p

I hope this is a joke. I enjoy your impressions.

Watched the Civil War trailer and, man, I just can't believe the age we're living in. I hated the terrible 80's action movies grew up with. Cheesy one-liner, waves of bullets, cheesy one-liner. Kids growing up with these superhero flicks are so lucky.

Tizoc

OK so the following games made it to my Top 10 GotY contenders
Brandish
Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is strange
Transformers devastation
Ori blind forest
Tales from blands
Technobabylon
Kero blaster
DQ Heroes

Stuff I want to play left include
Yakuza 5
Undertale

So many great games this year, and only these 12 made the short list aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Don't bother asking me what my top 10 comics are, at best I could mention maybe 5 and I can only remember the name of 2 series @_@

I hope this is a joke. I enjoy your impressions.

Watched the Civil War trailer and, man, I just can't believe the age we're living in. I hated the terrible 80's action movies grew up with. Cheesy one-liner, waves of bullets, cheesy one-liner. Kids growing up with these superhero flicks are so lucky.

Heh, 'fraid not. Easier to do them on the hangout. I might do a ranking thing tho, that might be fun.

so it's not the ramblings of a deluded racist far past his prime?

Let's be real here, this was always going to be an Azzarello joint. "Cowriting" indeed.

Oh, okay - I didn't know that. So If I want to 'continue' the story, I'll have to go straight to book 3?

Sadly the books are relatively expensive - I'll have too look into a place where I can get them a bit cheaper. On the other hand they are of such a nice quality, that I'd prefer them new and mint... At least one for me at Christmas though is a given :p

Technically yeah. But Library Edition 2 is still very much worth reading as well. Mignola tends to grab random things from these short stories and bring them into the bigger arcs every now and then. Plus they're still good reads.

For the books, I got them off of InStockTrades and Amazon. Still a bit pricey but it sure as hell beats dropping $50 per book.

Been reading them then? My quick rating on them so far:

A-Force #1 - fun, im intrigued

Ultimate End #1 - super boring

Deadpool's Secret SW #1 - the og SW half was fun, the contest of champions half was not

Battleworld #1 - liked it, first half with punistrange was awesome, second half with all the modoks was silly.

Planet Hulk #1 - fantastic, my favorite so far

I'm reading most of them. I read all you listed except ultimate end and deadpool.

Best was planet hulk. Interesting concept. A world is mostly setup but I'll keep reading. And I liked 1/2 of battleworld.

deleted

Technically yeah. But Library Edition 2 is still very much worth reading as well. Mignola tends to grab random things from these short stories and bring them into the bigger arcs every now and then. Plus they're still good reads.

For the books, I got them off of InStockTrades and Amazon. Still a bit pricey but it sure as hell beats dropping $50 per book.

Yep, sadly I'm in Germany and see nothing cheaper than Amazons 40 Euro so far..

But it was worth it for the first one. I guess I'll get them in releasing order then. Thanks for your insight :)

Owzers

Brandish
Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is strange
Transformers devastation
Ori blind forest
Tales from blands
Technobabylon
Kero blaster
DQ Heroes

Yakuza 5
Undertale

So many great games this year, and only these 12 made the short list aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Don't bother asking me what my top 10 comics are, at best I could mention maybe 5 and I can only remember the name of 2 series @_@

why would someone make a list this long and not have Rocket League on it? I'm really warming up to Fallout 4 after initially not liking it. Started slow and awkward but i'm having fun roaming the world with my companion.

Image has their black friday sale up on cmx now, mainly a selection of trades at half off.

Slizz

The Fade Out is about to end and I need another comic to pick up preferably one without a ton of back issues.

Fade Out and Bond are the only comics I'm currently buying and thats kinda the vein of the comics I like, semi-realism, noir, not really cape stuff.

However I'm still into some cape stuff as long as it has a noir vibe, see Black Beetle(lost all hope for more of these) periodic-time setting, not really superpower stuff.

I have Deadly Class TPB's I need to read but thats about it after Fade Out and Bond.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Brandish
Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is strange
Transformers devastation
Ori blind forest
Tales from blands
Technobabylon
Kero blaster
DQ Heroes

Yakuza 5
Undertale

Here are my game of the year contenders.....

EDIT:

why would someone make a list this long and not have Rocket League on it?

Oh that came out this year?

Here is my revised list for GOTY.....

Rocket League

Image has their black friday sale up on cmx now, mainly a selection of trades at half off.

FUCKING LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!

Owzers

20% off MU 1 year subscription. Coupon code - TREAT

now's your time people, being six months behind isn't so bad, i mean, the Rockets don't mind being several games behind the 8th seed in the western conference so there's gotta be a benefit.

Also i'm watching the Grizzlies/Rockets game tonight. Also also there's no way the Rockets don't turn things around and get the 5th or 6th seed.

Messi

Yeah, DK3 was awesome. I don't care if no one else here reads it, not like it's going to get cancelled. Let people have their bias.

What a fantastic post

200w.gif

Brandish
Adv. of Pip
Contradiction
Life is strange
Transformers devastation
Ori blind forest
Tales from blands
Technobabylon
Kero blaster
DQ Heroes

Yakuza 5
Undertale

I know five that will make my list:
Life is Strange (this is #1 for me unless Just Cause 3 is amazing)
Mad Max
Hand of Fate (left Early Access this year so it counts right?)
Heroes of the Storm
Tales from the Borderlands

Probably not Fallout 4, sadly. I like it, but it's not the game I want. There's too much building when I really just want to be a murder hobo like 3 and New Vegas. I got my first proper gaming PC in about 10 years earlier this year though, so I played tons of older stuff for the first time. Stuff like Tomb Raider '13, Mordor, The Wolf Among Us, Ryse, Wolfenstein New Order and a bunch of others. I had a great year, but I wasn't playing 2015 all the time.

As far as comics, my 10 right now would be:
Archie (definitely #1)
Ivar, Timewalker
Transformers: More than Meets the Eye
Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows (Secret Wars)
Loki: Agent of Asgard
Star Wars: Darth Vader
The Infinity Gauntlet (Secret Wars)
Monstress (okay, there was one issue, but it was a triple-sized issue)
Doctor Who: Four Doctors
Avengers: Ultron Forever
Thor/The Mighty Thor (okay, so it's 11, this is tough man!)

20% off MU 1 year subscription. Coupon code - TREAT

I'm tempted.

Owzers

I saw the Civil War trailer, not really hyped, it feels like they are trying to cater the civil war plot too tightly with Bucky and it made the trailer seem downgraded in scale. I did like the Winter Soldier movie though, so of course i'll watch it.

I liked AoU's trailer better, mostly because of Ultron. Civil War seems extremely grounded in comparison. Nothing really made me super curious in the trailer, everything seemed pretty laid out and simple plot wise. I'll still go see it but I'm really not feeling that much hype. On the flip side, Marvel trailers have been pretty bad lately, Ant-man had mixed messages in what it was trying to sell, they're not very good representation of what the movies actually are.

I'm not a huge fan of hero vs hero stuff, and I wouldn't even care that much for BvS if WW wasn't in it and judging by the trailer, another villain.

I saw the Civil War trailer, not really hyped, it feels like they are trying to cater the civil war plot too tightly with Bucky and it made the trailer seem downgraded in scale.

I really liked it. I've been down on the MCU in 2015, Ultron was missing....something, I missed Ant-Man because of work/depression combo and I don't have Netflix. I want to like Marvel movies again, so I hope this is good.

Nothing matches the entertainment of DC movies for me though, if only because I get to troll my friend with "RAWR GRIM DARK EDGY" taste about Suicide Squad being PG-13. He was so crushed, it was hilarious.

Ponn

Banned
So is there any way to use Marvel Unlimited on a Kindle Fire? I'm thinking of getting the cheap one on BF for $35 for digital comic reading and kindle books.

arkon

The Fade Out is about to end and I need another comic to pick up preferably one without a ton of back issues.

Fade Out and Bond are the only comics I'm currently buying and thats kinda the vein of the comics I like, semi-realism, noir, not really cape stuff.

However I'm still into some cape stuff as long as it has a noir vibe, see Black Beetle(lost all hope for more of these) periodic-time setting, not really superpower stuff.

I have Deadly Class TPB's I need to read but thats about it after Fade Out and Bond.

Try out Darwyn Cooke's adaptations of the Parker novels.

Messi

Lady killer is amazing and is half off the already discounted price. €0.89 per issue. Get all 5 and don't be disappointed. More coming next year too. Joelle is amazing at the arts.

Lady killer is amazing and is half off the already discounted price. €0.89 per issue. Get all 5 and don't be disappointed. More coming next year too. Joelle is amazing at the arts.

I'm all over this shit... but why is it on sale? So weird it's unmarked. I would have never seen it if not for you.

Thanks m8

also, bought Silk #1. I got you dawg

Messi

I'm all over this shit... but why is it on sale? So weird it's unmarked. I would have never seen it if not for you.

Thanks m8

also, bought Silk #1. I got you dawg

It's dark horse. I think it's all on sale.

I didn't buy Silk. Felt it was the right place to drop it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Time to read Dark Knight III. Hoping it isn't shit.

EDIT: 2 seconds in, who the fuck uses Cn for seen? for fucks sake

Mindwipe

So is there any way to use Marvel Unlimited on a Kindle Fire? I'm thinking of getting the cheap one on BF for $35 for digital comic reading and kindle books.

Not really. Some people have hacked it to work somewhat unreliably, but not on FireOS 5 yet.

Tizoc

why would someone make a list this long and not have Rocket League on it? I'm really warming up to Fallout 4 after initially not liking it. Started slow and awkward but i'm having fun roaming the world with my companion.

Sadly hadn't had the time to play Rocket league :/ Doesn't help that my net connection isn't suitable for playing PS4 online and non of my brothers are free to play with me.

Top Bottom