• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I don't trust comic reviews unless BenjaminBirdie is the author.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Old-Man-logan-78523.jpg

2015 is going to be glorious.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This is hilariously absurd. When is the Clone Saga getting announced?

8bit

Knows the Score
Just finished reading the X-Statix Omni (minus the dead girl solo stuff in the back). I enjoyed it, but something happened maybe halfway through the X-Statix run. The tone changed a bit. It started to feel detached, I suppose? I think it was when Henrietta showed up, it felt like it became solely a vehicle for satire, the characters didn't feel quite as human as they did before. I'll have to go back and re-read it, but something felt different about halfway through the X-Statix run. I also took a break from reading it right before this point, maybe that could be affecting how I view it, but I don't think so. It was still very enjoyable, but it no longer seemed all that concerned with the characters and instead just wanted to tell some funny satirical stories. Anyone else feel this way?

Henrietta was originally supposed to be a resurrected Princess Diana, this didn't go down well with the press and probably killed Milligan's momentum/interest on the book.

Onemic

One of the central tenants we tend to push here in comicgaf - some of us, we're hardly a hivemind - is that, at the end of the day, any comic can be picked up and enjoyed free of context, and I like to poke and prod at that now and then. I love virtually everything Hickman is doing in the Marvel universe, but I think there are some flaws in this "you must read twenty issues to understand this" approach that are worth examining.

Honestly, with my short time in the comics world, I gotta say a good 90 percent of all the comics I've read can't be picked up and read with no context, unless you're starting with a first issue for a new ip.

Spookie

So guys I've managed to get a new tablet so I can get back in to my comics I'm up to date on my image stuff (Chew, Saga, Sex Criminals etc) but I need to get back in to marvel. Is it worth picking up the new Defenders Of The Universe stuff or is it a poorly written lame cash in due to the movies? Also is it worth getting up to date on X-Men? I enjoyed a lot of the Wolverine and the X-Men stuff.

I'm sorry if these questions get asked almost every week, I had a quick flick back and couldn't see anything.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Defenders of the Universe? Are you talking about Hickmanns Avengers and New Avengers?

I havent read them personally, but the word is, that booth series are great.

So guys I've managed to get a new tablet so I can get back in to my comics I'm up to date on my image stuff (Chew, Saga, Sex Criminals etc) but I need to get back in to marvel. Is it worth picking up the new Defenders Of The Universe stuff or is it a poorly written lame cash in due to the movies? Also is it worth getting up to date on X-Men? I enjoyed a lot of the Wolverine and the X-Men stuff.

I'm sorry if these questions get asked almost every week, I had a quick flick back and couldn't see anything.

Guardians 3000 and Rocket Raccoon are good books.

Drayco21

Guardians stuff? Read the Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning series.

Avoid the current Bendis' written Guardians series like the plague. Sam Humphries Legendary Star-Lord too.

Rocket Raccoon, Guardians 3000, Nova and Silver Surfer are all pretty good as far as current Marvel Cosmic goes.

Messi

I've really enjoyed Legendary Star Lord. For what it's worth. Didn't like Guardians 3000 at all. I guess it was pretty to look at.

Holy shit! Catwoman is a book of the month contender! Who the hell is this Valentine woman coming out of nowhere and writing such smart dialog. What a great start!

Wow, am I actually thinking about picking up Catwoman? Wowwwwww

If I have no interest in Batman Eternal, I can skip the preview issue that pops up in the middle of Zero Year right? #28 if I'm not mistaken?

Anybody bite the bullet on Axis Hobgoblin yet?

fertygo

Wow, am I actually thinking about picking up Catwoman? Wowwwwww

If I have no interest in Batman Eternal, I can skip the preview issue that pops up in the middle of Zero Year right?

Anybody bite the bullet on Axis Hobgoblin yet?

You just had to know Seline tried to play Kingpin now, done.

tim1138

So the character we keep seeing in the haunted issue of Ultra comics in Multiversity looks a lot like a
Miracle Man
analog. That's going to be an interesting issue when it drops next year.

Owzers

Holy shit! Catwoman is a book of the month contender! Who the hell is this Valentine woman coming out of nowhere and writing such smart dialog. What a great start!

I didn't like Batgirl or Gotham Academy much at all, but i did like Grayson. Would i like Catwoman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom