• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Not even.... Someone bring this man to Ikea.

I've literally run out of space to place shelves, unfortunately, otherwise I'd totally get more. Though admittedly I also have an issue in that I hate to box up books and place them into storage. Feels like I'm condemning them, so I avoided it for the longest time, though I've started doing it lately out of necessity.

i guess I never posted my collection here, either.

My collection isn't nearly as big as most peoples but it's organized in a way I can appreciate at least?

cELsLSz.jpg

Once I get a new shelf for my office all the wow stuff is going in there and i might move the absolutes down there, or order 30 more of them and sort them differently. I dunno yet

Nudull

Banned
I have an odd feeling that all of these miniseries are going to replace the current Marvel books for Secret Wars ala Flashpoint (at least for the summer).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Right then, this has been a long time coming, but I finally stopped being completely lazy, and thus I present to you all: a glimpse at what a collection with 2000 volumes of manga (plus some comics) looks like! (Sorry for the awful, awful iPhone pics!)

Consider yourself judged.

By the way, some of your shelves are sagging. You might want to look into that before you start an avalanche.

Boogiepop

Consider yourself judged.

By the way, some of your shelves are sagging. You might want to look into that before you start an avalanche.

Definitely a worry, though as mentioned earlier the damage is actually old and they're less loaded than when it occurred, and have stayed intact for like 5 years or so like that without getting worse. Though I'm planning to try to reinforce the worst one, as like I said it's over my bed which has been worrying (though purposefully not over my head. That's the one piece of un-utilized wall space actually, because obviously something falling there could be bad.)

CBTech

So what's the general consensus on the "Grayson" series? I know it only has a few issues under its belt right now, but I'm curious how it's coming along. I've always been a fan of the character and am considering this series to be my first comic run I start buying individual issues for.

AXIS #3

Disappointed at the lack of banners

So what's the general consensus on the "Grayson" series? I know it only has a few issues under its belt right now, but I'm curious how it's coming along. I've always been a fan of the character and am considering this series to be my first comic run I start buying individual issues for.

Grayson has been great so far! Highly recommend it.

I'm liking Grayson so far but I've always been into Dick.

you can use that on the back of the trade DC

ReAxion

I'm going to state the joke outright which I don't really like doing, but even if it's only me, I'm pretending the train is always full.

MG310

i guess I never posted my collection here, either.

My collection isn't nearly as big as most peoples but it's organized in a way I can appreciate at least?

cELsLSz.jpg

Once I get a new shelf for my office all the wow stuff is going in there and i might move the absolutes down there, or order 30 more of them and sort them differently. I dunno yet

I am terrified by the position of that Jim Lee WW statue.

just read wic+div and oh my god

what a great issue.

I am terrified by the position of that Jim Lee WW statue.

me too

that's my wife's fault. It's stable but it still scares the shit out of me.

that's another reason I need to get the wow stuff out of the way

fauxtrot

Banned
I can honestly see why you would think that. It went from our book of the month, to not a peep a month later. I still think it's great, but my hype is widely distributed right now.

Yeah, it's been basically silent in here regarding WicDiv... no matter how great it ended up, the pre-release hype was destined to collapse in on itself.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Daaaaaamn. Just finished The Last of the Innocent.
That was nuts. What a story. Definitely the highlight of Criminal.

Now that I've finished reading Criminal, I think Manhattan Projects is next up.

frye

I'm really bummed out by the shooting in my awesome country, I need to read some comics and relax before work. :(

On the lighter side, sweet shelf collection Boogie!

You're in Canada right? Saw it on the tv this morning but I couldn't really tell what was going on

So the character we keep seeing in the haunted issue of Ultra comics in Multiversity looks a lot like a
Miracle Man
analog. That's going to be an interesting issue when it drops next year.

You mean the annual? If so, that's an old spec script for a Kid Miracleman series back in the day.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Daaaaaamn. Just finished The Last of the Innocent.
That was nuts. What a story. Definitely the highlight of Criminal.

Now that I've finished reading Criminal, I think Manhattan Projects is next up.

Last of the Innocent is my favorite criminal story. I loved the shift in artstyle to the more Archie comics past times juxtaposed with how fucked up the story actually was.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Last of the Innocent is my favorite criminal story. I loved the shift in artstyle to the more Archie comics past times juxtaposed with how fucked up the story actually was.

Yeah, that was pretty brilliant.

I really liked how the heart of all the Criminal stories was relationships and characterization rather than plot and suspense. Criminal almost felt slice-of-life compared to how comics usually do things.

tim1138

You're in Canada right? Saw it on the tv this morning but I couldn't really tell what was going on

You mean the annual? If so, that's an old spec script for a Kid Miracleman series back in the day.

No, in Multiversity there is a haunted comic that we see more and more of each issue. In this month's issue there is interior art and the character is Miracleman look alike. Same face, hair, costume that's just different enough, etc. I believe the haunted comic is going to be the second to last real world issue. The Ultra Comics issue.
I was disappointed to go back and see they didn't mess with the publishing information to match what's going on in the comic story.

Drayco21

Decided to use an otherwise light week for me to get fully caught up on Axis: Axis 1-3, Magneto 11, Deadpool 36, Hobgoblin 1, and the last two Lokis. I think this is easily more entertaining than Original Sin and nearly every other recent company wide crossover. It probably helps that I love Remender's Deadpool so much. Can't wait to see how the rest of this series plays out.

frye

Last of the Innocent along with Bad Night and Sleeper are top Bru/Phillips for me. Which makes The Fade Out an annoying detour in that it's in the style of Criminal but not - Fatale at least was an interesting detour about genre expectations and female characters in genre fiction (even if it ultimately didn't go where I wanted)

frye

No, in Multiversity there is a haunted comic that we see more and more of each issue. In this month's issue there is interior art and the character is Miracleman look alike. Same face, hair, costume that's just different enough, etc. I believe the haunted comic is going to be the second to last real world issue. The Ultra Comics issue.
I was disappointed to go back and see they didn't mess with the publishing information to match what's going on in the comic story.

Oh, that does sound p cool. I've only skimmed today's issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom