• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheska

No Alias omnibus for me! I already own the two collected editons, don't see the point in getting this.

For everyone reading this series for the first time, you're in for such a treat.

Zombine

Banned
17 books, 45€ shipping. So essentially 60 bucks. Still fairly cheaper than everywhere here including Amazon.

I wish I was still in Florida.

You should move to Florida permanently and become an American. Just practice on your clapping and you'll do great. I'll come and visit and everything.

Messi

You should move to Florida permanently and become an American. Just practice on your clapping and you'll do great. I'll come and visit and everything.

I'd live there in a heartbeat. Already going back next July and strong possibility of NYCC next year for the first legit Messi approved ComicsGAF meet up.

I clap after every meal already. I enjoy big cans of dew and 7/11 hot food.

PsychBat!

Banned
cut_off_florida.gif

Infinity was even better the second time around.

I just finished my own re-read of just the miniseries, and it did not hold up. It needs the Avengers/New Avengers stuff. Hickman can't be contained in six issues; we aren't fit to try.

Is it weird that I can't wait for whatever is going to happen so I can just sit down and read the entire Hickman/Remender era from beginning to end?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I come drink beer and monster eat cheetos and bad truck stop food. While driving some kind of SUV. ALL THE WHILE IN AN NBA JERSEY.. FUCK YEA AMERICA GOD DAMNIT

Don't lie. You'll be drinking your frozen strawberry daiquiris and mudslides and whatever other foo-foo drinks it is you consume at your Irish pubs.

I just finished my own re-read of just the miniseries, and it did not hold up. It needs the Avengers/New Avengers stuff. Hickman can't be contained in six issues; we aren't fit to try.

Why would you even do that? It was made abundantly clear that the Avengers and New Avengers issues are as essential to the event as the mini itself.

Did you not see this image at the back of every issue?

infinity_path.jpg

tim1138

That doesn't surprise me at all, there is just so much going on that story to keep it to six issues. Between the Builders, the incursions, Thanos, and the Inhuman stuff it was a very dense event, but not in a bad way by any means.

Kipp

I am so lost on this Hickman Avengers business. None of the words you guys use when you talk about it make any sense to me.
I can't wait until it comes out in an omnibus.

Messi

Don't lie. You'll be drinking your frozen strawberry daiquiris and mudslides and whatever other foo-foo drinks it is you consume at your Irish pubs.

Guinness. Right.

To be honest I drink girly drinks (to the suprise of no one here) I hope that term doesn't offend people. I like cocktails such as the strawberry daiquiri or tequila sunrise. Alco pops or at most shots. Beer isn't for me. It needs to be sugary and colourful for me to drink it.

Can I still be American?

Zombine

Banned
Guinness. Right.

To be honest I drink girly drinks (to the suprise of no one here) I hope that term doesn't offend people. I like cocktails such as the strawberry daiquiri or tequila sunrise. Alco pops or at most shots. Beer isn't for me. It needs to be sugary and colourful for me to drink it.

Can I still be American?

These things make you extra american. I'd say you're good. Just please don't embarass me and order a Zima or some shit.

I'd live there in a heartbeat. Already going back next July and strong possibility of NYCC next year for the first legit Messi approved ComicsGAF meet up.

I clap after every meal already. I enjoy big cans of dew and 7/11 hot food.
Lmao this got me

Come to South Florida next year

Messi

Robbi Rodriguez is selling his Jackpot Gwen fake band tshirt on Cadence Select. Limited to 200 shirts. 2x is already gone or I'd buy in a heartbeat.

This one

He was selling it at NYCC so I assume these are the left overs

Alright, so I finally got around to reading Brian K. Vaughn's Saga and it's pretty goddamn amazing. I've read all 3 volumes of the TPBs. How far away are we from the 4th? Should I start catching up now or wait?

Messi

Alright, so I finally got around to reading Brian K. Vaughn's Saga and it's pretty goddamn amazing. I've read all 3 volumes of the TPBs. How far away are we from the 4th? Should I start catching up now or wait?

Next month. Also next month is the deluxe hardcover of the first 3 volumes. Just wait.

Kipp

I actually want to move to Florida. The cheap(er) housing and taxes gets me all hot and bothered.

I've been slightly tempted to move to Florida. Looking for cheap real estate is a hobby of mine, so yeah, Florida.
But then I remember that the reason I want to move out of Southern California is because it's too hot. So yeah, no Florida.
Although one of my dreams is to be able to live in a linen suit, so Florida could work. Though Puerto Rico would be the ideal place to flaunt a linen suit 24/7.

I just watched Short Term 12 and I am crying like a baby. Incredible movie.

I watched like the first five minutes of that and knew I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Here is my Brian Level commissions hanging next to each other.

http://Instagram.com/p/ub7lgSLJp5/

Really, really nice.

Looks great!

Thanks! Also Thanks Kipp.

I came up with a brief story for them side by side.

Selina just pulled off a huge heist and the GCPD and Batman are looking for her. Selina is sitting in her chair, with her loot all over and her kitty's everywhere, she laughs to herself knowing she got away......for now.

I actually want to move to Florida. The cheap(er) housing and taxes gets me all hot and bothered.
The weather will keep you that way
probably, i've never been to FL
The fuck is a Zima?

I just watched Short Term 12 and I am crying like a baby. Incredible movie.
That's a dope movie, good choice
You know, wild proportions are cool, but he's not even following his own rules within the piece. Whoever that is on the floor looks regularly proportioned by cartooning standards while black widow looks like she was drawn by Liefeld. Rad design though
People don't like to admit that their faves were inspired by Rob Liefeld

Just finished reading the X-Statix Omni (minus the dead girl solo stuff in the back). I enjoyed it, but something happened maybe halfway through the X-Statix run. The tone changed a bit. It started to feel detached, I suppose? I think it was when Henrietta showed up, it felt like it became solely a vehicle for satire, the characters didn't feel quite as human as they did before. I'll have to go back and re-read it, but something felt different about halfway through the X-Statix run. I also took a break from reading it right before this point, maybe that could be affecting how I view it, but I don't think so. It was still very enjoyable, but it no longer seemed all that concerned with the characters and instead just wanted to tell some funny satirical stories. Anyone else feel this way?

Kipp

Sweet. Just placed my order for the Alias omnibus. Added vol 4 of Preacher to bump it over $50. Now there's just next week's order with volumes 5 and 6 of Preacher and some other stuff to get to $50 and I'm done ISTing for hopefully at least a month.

I did just check my bank account though, and surprisingly the news wasn't too bad at all. I forgot I already paid off my credit card balance from the previous IST orders and my checking account had more money than I'd thought. So no guilt after all!

Just finished reading the X-Statix Omni (minus the dead girl solo stuff in the back). I enjoyed it, but something happened maybe halfway through the X-Statix run. The tone changed a bit. It started to feel detached, I suppose? I think it was when Henrietta showed up, it felt like it became solely a vehicle for satire, the characters didn't feel quite as human as they did before. I'll have to go back and re-read it, but something felt different about halfway through the X-Statix run. I also took a break from reading it right before this point, maybe that could be affecting how I view it, but I don't think so. It was still very enjoyable, but it no longer seemed all that concerned with the characters and instead just wanted to tell some funny satirical stories. Anyone else feel this way?

I don't think I knew the reason for it when I was reading it, but I did enjoy the second half less than the first half (although I still enjoyed the second half plenty). Thinking back, what you said is very likely the reason for that.
Also, I really enjoyed the Dead Girl mini, so definitely read that sometime soon!

Boogiepop

Yeah, the run doesn't end quite as strong as it starts, really, but it's still good. Plus what might be my favorite moment in the book and one of the best fights in comics,
Mister Sensitive vs. Iron Man
is in the back half.

Don't worry, Kipp, I plan on reading the Dead Girl mini, probably tomorrow night. I read the last 8 or so issues in a row tonight, and was getting pretty tired by the last two. Had to take a break. But yeah, thinking about it more, the writing of the characters def felt detached in the later parts of the book. The last issue itself did nothing for me, and I think it's because of that very reason. And yes, Boogie, that fight is what stood out to me with the 8 issues I read tonight. Very cool fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom