• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit Grayson #3 was fantastic! Man, soooo good! Another Book of the Month candidate.
Really,, like that eh?
Well I'm glad I decided to pick it up,, once someone says something about James Bond its a go.

aw yeeee, thanks bro

Yessir. its been sent
Anytime anyone wants a marvel code just ask me I have no problem giving them out. Never use them

Does anybody here wanna sell me A Spider-Verse and a Thor code?
If no one gets back to you I'll get them to you this Friday
FaFree
when I pick up my random books still in my pull box. You looking for all of em?

Boogiepop

So, here's a bit of a random question (and I hope I haven't asked it and forgotten sometime in the past).

I had the first VHS of the 90s X-men show as a kid, and as a result those episodes are probably some of the most iconic comic related images in my head, just really burned in there. It's definitely a big part of why Jubilee is so nostalgic for me and why she's still somehow one of my favorites. And kind of as a result, to me the core X-men idea has always kind of been that classic feel of (a) teenager(s) coming to grips with something new, coupled with the idea of a government society fearing and hating them. Which is definitely a big idea for the series of course, but with all the super terrorists and demons and time travel and legacy characters that can definitely get lost in the comics a lot of the time. I've read the recent Bendis Uncanny X-men up until around the first issue of the "vs SHIELD" arc or whatever they were calling it, and that's probably the closest I've ever felt to that kind of X-men story in a comic. But it just felt like it was dragging its heels too much and not really doing much with the characters, or even really in general (and I think I've heard it gets worse about that?)

So does anyone have any suggestions of X comics (or maybe even just something similar enough) that captures that feel? I mean, I love plenty of other X stuff (got a lovely row of the Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine and the X-men, and X-Statix omnibuses sitting on my comics shelf), but this is something I'd really love to grab a nice run of at some point.

For Spike.

By4UQu4IQAAtyL3.jpg

Lobo was the most "okay" comic ever. It was... okay. The story isn't particularly compelling so far and there's not even a cliffhanger. Reilly Brown is good, but I wouldn't have guessed it was him drawing it had i not known beforehand. It's a comic that exists, alright

Lobo was the most "okay" comic ever. It was... okay. The story isn't particularly compelling so far and there's not even a cliffhanger. Reilly Brown is good, but I wouldn't have guessed it was him drawing it had i not known beforehand. It's a comic that exists, alright

That describes most Lobo comics that try to tell a not ridiculous story

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If no one gets back to you I'll get them to you this Friday
FaFree
when I pick up my random books still in my pull box. You looking for all of em?

I just need the last two^^

Do you have Codes for Learning To Crawl? I need Issue 1.1, 1.3. and 1.5^^

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Oh my. Just did some googling on this but couldn't figure out if it was a one-shot or a mini or what. Can you give me some info about this Masterplasty comic?

Also, it's got that Ron Wimberly praise, so you know it's great stuff.

Just awesome:

Wimberly seal of approval means I gotta track this down.

Oh my. Just did some googling on this but couldn't figure out if it was a one-shot or a mini or what. Can you give me some info about this Masterplasty comic?

Also, it's got that Ron Wimberly praise, so you know it's great stuff.

Just awesome:

Wimberly seal of approval means I gotta track this down.

It's a one shot. It was a fairly short webcomic, just a few pages, so there's a ton of bonus material.

In addition, it's just so damn big and gorgeous.

EDIT: Also, Image put it out so it shouldn't be too impossible to find.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
It's a one shot. It was a fairly short webcomic, just a few pages, so there's a ton of bonus material.

Wait. That poster you're holding is actually a comicbook!?
I need to find this.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Gonna see if they have it in my shop. I remember reading the webcomic a while ago, but I need that physical madness.

fauxtrot

Banned
DAMN! I forgot to vote... :(

My would-have should-have list for Sept 2014:
1. Edge of Spider-Verse #2
(Spider-Gwen 4ever)
2. Southern Bastards #4
3. The Multiversity: Society of Super-Heroes: Conquerors of the Counter-World #1

October is going to be such a hard month to come up with a top 3... Bucky! Thor!!! GotG 3000!! AXIS! Batgirl!!! Gotham Academy!! Arkham Manor! Wytches!! Rat Queens! Sabrina!!! Harley/PG!! Yeeeshh....

Sadist

The Walking Dead #132

Oh man look how happy Rick, Carl, Maggie and Sophia are! So good! Meanwhile, talking zombies return! I kind of expected somebody drenched themselves in zombie guts, put some crazy folks wearing them as costumes/clothes is beyond creepy.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Attn: the new Humble Bundle is Oni Press books. Looks like there's some good stuff in there - Scott Pilgrim, namely, and The Auteur, a comic i've been hyping up since it came out (it's only #1 though, for some reason), and stuff i've been meaning to get, like Helheim, Down Set Fight, Capote in Kansas, Lost at Sea, and Sixth Gun.

The Auteur TPB is 100% definitely going in my upcoming IST order. I'm so excited to read it.

Nudull

Banned
The Walking Dead #132

Oh man look how happy Rick, Carl, Maggie and Sophia are! So good! Meanwhile, talking zombies return! I kind of expected somebody drenched themselves in zombie guts, put some crazy folks wearing them as costumes/clothes is beyond creepy.

Talking zombies? The hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom