• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Is the Tim Drake Batman Beyond any good? I've read all of the Batman Beyond comics up to and including Future's end. I hated how that ended and pretty much swore off the new BB comics with Tim Drake. However, now im wondering if theyre worth a read or not.

Is the Tim Drake Batman Beyond any good? I've read all of the Batman Beyond comics up to and including Future's end. I hated how that ended and pretty much swore off the new BB comics with Tim Drake. However, now im wondering if theyre worth a read or not.

I am not reading it myself but it's been getting good buzz here (except maybe the first issue)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I refuse to read it, Terry's the only Batman Beyond and this is blasphemy.

Korupt seems to dig it, which means I probably will, but I'm waiting for the first collected edition/trade to come out. I'd recommend the same, we're 5 issues in.

The first 2 issues of Tim Drake BB were slow but the last few issues have been amazing. It's one of the few books that really ties in all of the DCU post-convergence. The way it plays off past DCU history is a treat to read.

BBboy20

CRc1i04WwAEAIAR.jpg

Ok Captain Falcon.
Ok, what?

I've been ill for the last couple of weeks and haven't really done much will all my free time so seeing as how I've got another week off I'm going to jump head first into the Mignolaverse. I've already got the first 3 library volumes and 2 hardcovers for B.P.R.D so that should keep me going for a minute. Total bummer that Dark Horse don't have any planes to reprint the B.P.R.D hardcovers anytime soon as 3 is nigh impossible to get without paying out of your arse, going to have to go paperback for that. :(

Looking forward to getting round to the 1940's collection and the book they did with Alex Maleev. Frankenstein comes out next month as well I think so that should be cool.
Enjoy! They're all fantastic reads.

Messi

The sale is for all Marvel books (minus MAX and Icon), not just what is listed on the sale page. It is up on Comixology as well.

Oh cool. Might clear out a bit of my wishlist then.

I am down with that pairing of Cap and Thor but I hope it makes sense. Cap has the perfect love interest already tho :/ Beautiful cover.

Just started reading Secret Six Volume 2 and
Knockout's dead now and Bane's joined the team
. Neither of which was the case at the end of Volume 1.
Knockout dying
is a fairly big thing for DC not to put in the trade.

That occured during another book I think? cAN'T remember what it was sad to say :X
It was during Infinite Crisis, since volume 1 Villains United is a set-up for that.

Don't worry, it threw me off as well.
So many New52 series I read this year, and it's been the same refrain in all of them.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. ...occurred in another thread.
Not a New52 book
They're not bad, I just keep wishing it was Terry.

Xis

Minireview: Just finished Captain America: Castaway in Dimension Z (both trades). I'll have to say I didn't really like it. A lot of the plot revolves around Arnim Zola's kids, who each completely (and suddenly) invert their personalities at different points in the story. I do always appreciate John Romita Jr's art at least.

It could be that I might just not like Remender's writing that much. There's a bit of a mean streak (characters are introduced only to be quickly killed off in nasty fashions) that reminds me of Mark Millar.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ugh my IST order has been at FedEx for two days with the tracking saying "Lable Created". I've never had it take anywhere NEAR that long before it actually ships out. Not IST's fault since they already handed it off to FedEx as far as I know.

Well its SUPPOSED to be for emphasis, but apparently a lot of letterers don't know how to talk, lol. I see it a lot too.

Yeah, I assumed emphasis but some words are randomly bolded and the voice inside my head gets confused whilst reading

"Hello there my name is Bob"

Owzers

Minireview: Just finished Captain America: Castaway in Dimension Z (both trades). I'll have to say I didn't really like it. A lot of the plot revolves around Arnim Zola's kids, who each completely (and suddenly) invert their personalities at different points in the story. I do always appreciate John Romita Jr's art at least.

It could be that I might just not like Remender's writing that much. There's a bit of a mean streak (characters are introduced only to be quickly killed off in nasty fashions) that reminds me of Mark Millar.

i thought that was the best arc of Remender's Cap, i'd bail out now, even though i liked Dimension Z i wouldn't really recommend it to people unless they really want to read something with Cap.

Think I'll pick up Cap and Spider-Man in the BOGOF sale. Didn't really want to pay 4 quid for Spider-Man alone but £2 is fine.

I loved Hickman's New Avengers but what I've seen of the new series doesn't look like it'll appeal to me. I might have gone for that otherwise.

Squire

Banned
So is Odinson MIA or Jane's condition better?

Odinson seems to be a supporting character in Jane's book, like Hagi says. Her conditions however is getting worse and it is (or might be) because of her powers. That's the initial premise for the new book.

Presumably we're talking about an issue that'll be resolved in 5-6 issues.

Hagi

Odinson seems to be a supporting character in Jane's book, like Hagi says. Her conditions however is getting worse and it is (or might be) because of her powers. That's the initial premise for the new book.

Presumably we're talking about an issue that'll be resolved in 5-6 issues.

I'd hope so.

Even though I'm not keen on the relationship I really like what that cover with Jane and Sam represents, not going back to the status quo with ANAD is something I really like. Hopefully they can both stay as their respective titles for a lot longer, especially Jane.

They are starting to reprint Birds of Prey like Secret Six next month or end of this month.

It will take forever to get through the series, though, given that it's over 140 numbered issues between Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 (Which covers the pre-Flashpoint BoP), plus a few one-shots and minis. I mean, the first new trade won't even reach the BoP series proper. I'll also admit that I haven't read really anything of Dixon's run on the book, I've only read most of Simone's original run (missing a few trades worth) and then the rest of Vol. 1 and all of Vol. 2.

Squire

Banned
I'd hope so.

Even though I'm not keen on the relationship I really like what that cover with Jane and Sam represents, not going back to the status quo with ANAD is something I really like. Hopefully they can both stay as their respective titles for a lot longer, especially Jane.

Yeah, they seem to really in it for the long haul. That's what they say and everything suggests it really is the case.

Weird, since Sam was getting it on with Misty Knight in his book.

Might wanna check those scenes again.
He tells his brother straight up its not like that. I think the relationship and the drama that'll come from it is being set up right there.

Messi

It will take forever to get through the series, though, given that it's over 140 numbered issues between vol 1 and vol 2 (Which covers the pre-Flashpoint BoP), plus a few one-shots and minis. I mean, the first new trade won't even reach the BoP series proper.

I get that, but at least they are doing it. a few of those Gail books are oop.

Squire

Banned
It will take forever to get through the series, though, given that it's over 140 numbered issues between vol 1 and vol 2 (Which covers the pre-Flashpoint BoP), plus a few one-shots and minis. I mean, the first new trade won't even reach the BoP series proper.

It's like the SS collections, it's going to be like ~15 books per collection, which isn't bad. Maybe the raids it to twenty given its a bigger series.

This is great news though! First I'd heard of it.

Yeah, out of print and not easy to find cheap. Hence my missing trades from my edit. I'm super glad the reprints are happening, I just wish they were happening slightly faster. Simone's BoP runs, at least, are fantastic.

Hagi

I need to pick up those Secret Six trades, I never did finish Simones run even though I really enjoyed it. The new book isn't quite the same I think.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Greg Smallwood
‏@SavageSmallwood
Broke out the airbrush for this commission! #moonknight

CQ1NlbmUsAAm_tb.jpg

giphy.gif

Hagi

Martian was alright, not the best thing I've seen in the cinema this year. Really want to see Sicario at some point. In Olivia Wilde news that Meadowlands film looks like something I might watch.

Top Bottom