• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Squire

Banned
And I can't wait, as usual! V has come to.

On another note, I wonder how many people were surprised to learn Velvet is American, not British. I think it's pretty interesting how she ended up over in England.

Ohhhhh shit, is that revealed in #11? I bought it, but decided to read it with #12.

I don't know why Brubaker kept that vague for so long.

Edit: If there's actually a reason for it, don't spoil me please ;_;

Just finished reading the latest Black Widow run and I absolutely loved it, especially the art style. Anyone have any suggestions for something similar or in the same style?

Also try this, only one issue so far but pretty good.
fRLk9XE.jpg

How is that book compared to saaay, Terry Dodson's Red One?

Codename Baboushka is a more straight forward spy series compared to Red One I think.

Red One felt like it was more about it's setting and having fun with the era and Codename Baboushka is a little more personal and Bond-ish with it's themes.

Codename Baboushka is a more straight forward spy series compared to Red One I think.

Red One felt like it was more about it's setting and having fun with the era and Codename Baboushka is a little more personal and Bond-ish with it's themes.

Hmm... I may have to check it out. I loved the art in Red One, but the story didn't do much for me. It felt like it was more of an excuse for Dodson to draw boobs and butts.

Squire

Banned
Hmm... I may have to check it out. I loved the art in Red One, but the story didn't do much for me. It felt like it was more of an excuse for Dodson to draw boobs and butts.

I imagine he's good with that. I once tweeted about the Spider-man mini he did with Kevin Smith. I said the writing was garbage, but the art was great and he favorited my tweet, hahaha.

MG310

All I remember about The Evil That Men Do was Nu-Mysterio saying he wanted to teleport his fist into Spider-Man's head.

Also Kevin Smith's comic shop must be absolutely buried in piles of that book. Every time they sponsor an event the grab bag has most of that mini series in it.

I imagine he's good with that. I once tweeted about the Spider-man mini he did with Kevin Smith. I said the writing was garbage, but the art was great and he favorited my tweet, hahaha.

Ha ha. I don't blame him. I'm sure he's supplied the art to a good bit of crap over the course of his career, but a man has to eat.

Owzers

MGS V seems like a lesser game for its open world re-usable area design. This game reminds me of Dragon Age Inquisition's terrible war room table where you went back and forth through loading screens just to get to a menu and send minions out on time-demanding nonsense.

MGS V seems like a lesser game for its open world re-usable area design. This game reminds me of Dragon Age Inquisition's terrible war room table where you went back and forth through loading screens just to get to a menu and send minions out on time-demanding nonsense.

I'll tell you what my issues with MGS V are, but I have to say that overall, I loved the game.

The problems that were present in the game design were mainly that the open-world format ended up being detrimental to the story. Requiring the player to do so many side-ops (which essentially boiled down to doing the same half-dozen missions over and over and over in the name of earning dat scrilla) made the story feel unimportant and even disjointed. You don't have the sense of urgency that you did in older, more linear MGS games. Instead of moving from plot-point to plot-point to plot-point, which has always been the focus of this series, you continue the mission "ehhhhh whenever I get around to it." Sometimes you spend so much time doing side-ops that you forget what the last thread of the main story even was. That said, the gameplay itself was a blast.

zeeaykay

Are any of the halo comics or graphic novels any good? I've read the nylund books years ago and remember enjoying them quite a bit. In full hype mode for Halo 5.

Are any of the halo comics or graphic novels any good? I've read the nylund books years ago and remember enjoying them quite a bit. In full hype mode for Halo 5.

I used to read some of the books that came out around the time Halo 3 was a thing. They were solid enough if you view them through the rose-colored glasses of a Halo fan. If you're asking how they hold up as straight-up comics. Meh. Not bad, but not particularly memorable.

Halo: Uprising by Bendis and Maleev is incredible. I recommend it.

They were solid enough if you view them through the rose-colored glasses of a Halo fan.

Yes and no.
Bane yes, but Knockout dying actually happened in the very first Birds of Prey issue after Simone left.
That's fucking dumb, actually. I liked Knockout, but I also really like Bane. And I've also been meaning to read that book anyways.

Knockout is an Apokoliptan though, so it must have taken some serious punch to bring her down.
I'm really hooked on reading comics before bed now. I'm 30 years old. I think I'm regressing.
If you're not a child at heart now, then were you ever?
Halo: Uprising by Bendis and Maleev is incredible. I recommend it.

I'm not even a remote Halo fan, beyond some fun Halo 2 multiplayer days with my chums.

But that super team kind of makes me wanna read it.

Should I buy a "new"3Ds XL, I know it was being talked about awhile back . People liking it? Good games ?

I've been wanting to try one for awhile. Now I have a stooopid Gamestop card.

Thanks for the advice VideoGamesGaF !

Tizoc

Should I buy a "new"3Ds XL, I know it was being talked about awhile back . People liking it? Good games ?

The New 3DS models only have 1 game that can run only for their particular model: Xenoblade N3DS.
All 3DS games developed since then can be played on the regular 3DS models.

The New 3DS is just better hardware-wise, but hardly anyone has developed for it, all games are developed for the 3DS.

It's a nice little upgrade on the normal XL. Games start a bit faster and it's a bit nicer aesthetically but I wouldn't say it's a must-have. I mainly bought it as I wanted the Majora's Mask version. Hardly used my 3DS over the past couple of months though.

-

Shattered Empire was brilliant this week.
That "I feel cold" moment with Leia when she walks through the door where Maul appeared in TPM.
So good. Chewie was a lot of fun as well. That sentimental walking carpet.

Busaiku

The New 3DS models only have 1 game that can run only for their particular model: Xenoblade N3DS.
All 3DS games developed since then can be played on the regular 3DS models.

The New 3DS is just better hardware-wise, but hardly anyone has developed for it, all games are developed for the 3DS.
There are several games that run better though.
Including Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Final Fantasy Explorers, Hyrule Warriors, and some more.

Tizoc

There are several games that run better though.
Including Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Final Fantasy Explorers, Hyrule Warriors, and some more.

Hence the better hardware, heck they even promoted the system running 3DS games better than regular 3DS.
Regardless there is only 1 game atm that runs only on the N3DS; Xenoblade N3DS.
Not even Japanese devs like S-E or Capcom are making games exclusively for the N3DS.

I'm going to a con that heavily features Valiant talent/producers. Any trades that are worth picking up for someone whose only exposure Valiant is the terrible X-O Manwar/Iron Man crossover game?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So I finished Civil War again and I still cant see how Tonys Side is portraited like evil big villains beside the obivious things like the super-concentration camp in the negative zone and when they called Thunderbolts like Bullseye and Venom in.
At least in the main event.

The extras of the OHC are pretty cool. Comments by Breevort, Alonso and Miller on panel by panel basis and the first skeleton draft. Funny thing, at the first moment, World War Hulk and Civil War were supposed to be one thing and WWH only the four issue finale of the whole series.

Now Secret Invasion... Ugh!

Mindwipe

I'm going to a con that heavily features Valiant talent/producers. Any trades that are worth picking up for someone whose only exposure Valiant is the terrible X-O Manwar/Iron Man crossover game?

Since the reboot XO is pretty consistently good and works well alone apart from volume 3.

The two light hearted books are brilliant, and reasonably light on continuity - Quantum and Woody and Archer and Armstrong.

Mindwipe

So I finished Civil War again and I still cant see how Tonys Side is portraited like evil big villains beside the obivious things like the super-concentration camp in the negative zone and when they called Thunderbolts like Bullseye and Venom in.
At least in the main event.

The extras of the OHC are pretty cool. Comments by Breevort, Alonso and Miller on panel by panel basis and the first skeleton draft. Funny thing, at the first moment, World War Hulk and Civil War were supposed to be one thing and WWH only the four issue finale of the whole series.

Now Secret Invasion... Ugh!

When they clone a robot Thor that kills someone and Reed lobotomises it with a drill in a panel designed to make him lookas much like Doctor Frankenstein as possible?

Top Bottom