• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Previewsworld 10/28 upcoming releases:

No Bombshell Batwoman statue.

i'm not saying i should destroy the world now, but it might be best if you read the comics you were most interested in soon.

Squire

Banned
every piece of art or literature is created within a sociopolitical framework

everything is political. only when a work deviates from the established norm is it usually accused of being political.

out of the big heroes you could make the case Spider-Man is essentially apolitical although his problems or villains are likely so.

superman and cap america clearly push american sociopolitical ideology.

batman and iron man dont exist as they are without living in an imbalanced capitalist society

thor's whole deal is that hes the prince of asgard

so when a work isnt criticized for being political its because its mostly conformed to historical, demographic and social expectations.

Amen.

Alright, my weeklies wrap-up:

What If? Infinity: X-Men - Pretty cool. Not much else beyond that. Better than the Inhumans one and worse than Thanos.

Death Vigil #8 - Amazing issue, but a terrible finale. It is a sad day. R.I.P. If you didn't know the book was cancelled before reading this, you do now.

Constantine the Hellblazer #5 - ...what am I reading about again? What's the plot? I don't care. Dropped.

Red Hood and Arsenal #5 - What an end to an arc that happened. Had a nice emotional moment there, but I'm gonna be done with it. End of an arc, end of me reading it. Was kind of fun.

Radioactive Spider-Gwen #1 - Really enjoyed it, even though not much happened. Felt like a lot of recap and wheel spinning.

Sam Wilson, Captain America #1 - Super psyched about where this book is going. It feels very fresh.

Uncanny Avengers #1 - Issue #1? More like issue #DONE! Am I right guys?

Seriously, though. Not liking this art, nor the way Peter and Rogue are portrayed. They feel really angry, though Rogue more so than Peter. Justifiably so, but still.

New Avengers #1 - This was fun and I'm looking to see where it goes.

Ms. Marvel #14 - Jesus christ I think I'm gonna cry

A-Force #5 - What a super fun book, though the entire pan across all the characters during the battle felt cheesy, I enjoyed it a lot. Superhero banter is best banter.

Captain America: White #3 - Not much more to say about this book other than how delightful it has been. Fury is such a dick though, it's amazing. It's really great to see the bonding that all these super old heroes did back in the day to make them who they are now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Osborn, yes. I think Songbird was off the team at that point because this was Osborn's hand-picked team. Venom was still there, along with Ghost, Moonstar, Black Widow (Yelena Belova), Paladin, Headsman, Scourge, and a few others.
Wonderful.

Man, I loved the time at Marvel between 2006 and 2012.
Dark Reign, the baddles taking over, Dark Avengers, Every Event building on the top of the last one, so great.
I am currently doing a Reread of all these books in the proper order.
Next up will be Secret Invasion and Dark Avengers up to Siege and Avengers Vs. X-Men after this. I hope I get the Dark Avengers/X-Men Crossover that introduced Utopia in time, since its intervowen.

Cheska

Previewsworld 10/28 upcoming releases:

No Bombshell Batwoman statue.

i'm not saying i should destroy the world now, but it might be best if you read the comics you were most interested in soon.

Yeah dude, what the heck is up with this? Wasn't is supposed to come out two weeks ago? Haven't been able to find it to buy :( At least Catwoman is supposedly coming out this week.

Messi

Death vigil isn't cancelled yet :(. Sejic has said as recently as this week that it depends on trade sales. Save the vigil #savebernie

Yeah dude, what the heck is up with this? Wasn't is supposed to come out two weeks ago? Haven't been able to find it to buy :( At least Catwoman is supposedly coming out this week.

Delays happen in statue-world. Could have run into a production issue.

Death vigil isn't cancelled yet :(. Sejic has said as recently as this week that it depends on trade sales. Save the vigil #savebernie

I bought it, so if it gets canned, don't look at me.

Xis

Wonderful.

Man, I loved the time at Marvel between 2006 and 2012.
Dark Reign, the baddles taking over, Dark Avengers, Every Event building on the top of the last one, so great.
I am currently doing a Reread of all these books in the proper order.
Next up will be Secret Invasion and Dark Avengers up to Siege and Avengers Vs. X-Men after this. I hope I get the Dark Avengers/X-Men Crossover that introduced Utopia in time, since its intervowen.

I agree with this post. I've been working to get up-to-date with my Avengers reading, so I just finished AVX for the first time (I thought it was pretty good, especially since I read it and the companion at the same time). Siege felt like a really great culmination of all the Avengers plot threads Bendis was working on (And then he continued for three more mediocre years.)

Entertainment Earth is listing a December release date for that Bombshell Batwoman, now. If it's accurate, there must have been a significant issue. Or it's just a placeholder while they await a new ship date.

Checked my DCBS account and it's showing Catwoman and that 12" Hipster Batgirl as being my next shipment. I forgot I even ordered that Batgirl statue.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I agree with this post. I've been working to get up-to-date with my Avengers reading, so I just finished AVX for the first time (I thought it was pretty good, especially since I read it and the companion at the same time). Siege felt like a really great culmination of all the Avengers plot threads Bendis was working on (And then he continued for three more mediocre years.)
The panel where Steves shield slowly flies into Iron Patriots face are one of my favourite Captain America moments.

latest

Messi

Entertainment Earth is listing a December release date for that Bombshell Batwoman, now. If it's accurate, there must have been a significant issue. Or it's just a placeholder while they await a new ship date.

Checked my DCBS account and it's showing Catwoman and that 12" Hipster Batgirl as being my next shipment. I forgot I even ordered that Batgirl statue.

I wish I did. Brendan fletcher showed his off and it looks lovely.

Edit my bad it was Cameron Stewart

Cheska

I wish I did. Brendan fletcher showed his off and it looks lovely.

Edit my bad it was Cameron Stewart

I'm probably going to get that too, but she looks a little weird colored in comparison to the sleek B&W version.

EDIT: HIGH FIVE ZOMBINE!

I like the B&W face better.

It's pretty much the exact same statue. I wonder what size the original sculpt was versus the colored version. If it was smaller and they just blew it up, then it would reveal imperfections in the sculpt that wouldn't be so obvious in the B&W version.

I still think the colored version looks pretty good, though, aside from the terribly dull base.

Owzers

Probably a paint issue...

Boogiepop

Welp. It looks like the Seraph of the End Novels are finally getting brought over. Which is cool because the series seems to reference those a decent bit and they're by the same author/in canon, so it was bugging me that we didn't have them. But... at least if the solicit on rightstuf is to be believed, looks like somebody may have screwed up, since it refers to Guren as "Glen". Which, you know, could be fair enough (though I'd question it since the dude's last name is Ichinose, it's still a possible reading), except... they have like 7+ volumes worth of manga content calling him Guren. Hopefully it's either just a screw-up in the solicitation or something I'm somehow missing by not having read them, and not like an active choice or a screw-up throughout the book.

Oh, and for something people in here may actually relate to/care about, now on the 1946-1948 omnibus for BPRD, and I'm definitely liking the start to it at least. Mignolaverse really is a thing of beauty.

Hush Beyond is a really cool story for fans of that universe and the DCAU stuff.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers volume 1 is interesting. We'll see how it goes. I like the continuing storyline from X-Force being in there.

Does AXIS follow up immediately afterwards?
Well I have played my part then
I really enjoyed it. You should buy it even if you know nothing about Witchblade. It has that Sejic charm.
That's what I forgot to nab

Finished John's GL & Tomasi's GLC. Thought it was a really really good run, easily in the top 5 runs I've ever read. Haven't read through a series as fast as that since Swamp Thing.

It definitely peaked with Blackest Night. I still enjoyed Sinestro's arc that started the new 52, but it ended on a bit of a whimper with Third Army and First Lantern
I do like John's final issue showing the future of the lanterns, and how Sinestro let Ganthet live
. GLC lost a lot of steam with the reboot, I missed a lot of the interactions between Iolande, Soranik, Arisia, Sodam, Isamot and Vaath. Those characters basically all but evaporated after Blackest Night. It really turned into event mode after Blackest Night, I think slowing down for a little would have benefited the story more.

Top Bottom