• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

I have just discovered the joys of listening to instrumentals and reading comic books.

--

BK you are good people. Freeza you can remove him from that list we had him on.

Remender's Uncanny Avengers volume 1 is interesting. We'll see how it goes. I like the continuing storyline from X-Force being in there.

Does AXIS follow up immediately afterwards?

It only gets better. Until AXIS Prelude, then it starts getting significantly worse.

Still, those middle arcs are good stuff.

CRnIPhQUYAAoupy.jpg

get hyped
FvUlrpf.jpg

Remender's Uncanny Avengers volume 1 is interesting. We'll see how it goes. I like the continuing storyline from X-Force being in there.

Does AXIS follow up immediately afterwards?

The first volume of Uncanny Avengers is okay, but volumes 2-4 are fantastic.

The end of Uncanny Avengers leads directly into AXIS and then back into the next volume of Uncanny Avengers. You can stop after Avenge the Earth honestly. AXIS wasn't particularly good and the relaunch of Uncanny felt like it was rushed to completion since Secret Wars was so soon after.

VanWinkle

I'm starting the Nolan Batman movies right now for the first time since I actually got into comics and read a ton of Batman stuff.

I think I will have a whole new appreciation...or critical eye. We will see.

Very excited. About 20 minutes into Begins, which was my favorite of the three.

Messi

If Messi knows what she's saying without heading to youtube well damn that's some dedication.

I do because I have watched the video. It's a skit where she is hyping a crap movie she doesn't believe in. She is saying that this movie has better songs than le mis and the sound of music combined .Save the easy joke about how most of Olivia's movie career has been her doing just that.

Started SW:Infinty Gauntlet. Yo this art is awesome and the story is cool.

Hagi

I do because I have watched the video. It's a skit where she is hyping a crap movie she doesn't believe in. She is saying that this movie has better songs than le mis and the sound of music combined .Save the easy joke about how most of Olivia's movie career has been her doing just that.

Started SW:Infinty Gauntlet. Yo this art is awesome and the story is cool.

I'd think the vast majority of actors actually do that on a daily basis so yes I shall refrain from the easy joke. I am actually looking forward to that HBO show she's in, it and she looks great.

Infinity Gauntlet is legit, I hope that family pops up post Secret Wars.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Darth Vader #4 was awesome and continues to be the best Star Wars book. Making what is basically evil versions of the core scooby gang seems like the laziest idea ever but it works so well

Messi

I'd think the vast majority of actors actually do that on a daily basis so yes I shall refrain from the easy joke. I am actually looking forward to that HBO show she's in, it and she looks great.

Infinity Gauntlet is legit, I hope that family pops up post Secret Wars.

Vinyl is going to be incredible. The talent involved on both sides of the camera is immense. Really wanted to see Olivia in another drama so this will be great.

Darth Vader #4 was awesome and continues to be the best Star Wars book. Making what is basically evil versions of the core scooby gang seems like the laziest idea ever but it works so well
For me I think Aaron's main book is the best. He's got the voices of the characters down so well I can envision it being scenes out of the movie.

Vader has been interesting but when I try to imagine James Earl Jones saying the lines I can't picture it.

Sandfox

Could you guys imagine what it would be like if Captain America vol.1 #1 was published today when you look at the reaction people are having to the #1 that came out this past week?

Hagi

I'm really enjoying Vader but I think Kanan is the best of the ongoings. Still haven't read my trade of Aarons run yet so that might change.

Vinyl is going to be incredible. The talent involved on both sides of the camera is immense. Really wanted to see Olivia in another drama so this will be great.

I'm a big fan of Boardwalk Empire so I'm looking forward to it mainly because of that plus the time period just never gets old to me.

Zombine

Banned

Shattered Empire is badass as well. So is Lando and Chewbacca. They're all amazing.

Hagi

Shattered Empire is badass as well. So is Lando and Chewbacca. They're all amazing.

This is the real truth right fucking here. Leia notwithstanding

The Star Wars hype has truly had it's hold on me for months now. Think I might try and buy the Han Hot Toys when I get paid.

tumblr_ndwfr1qcGC1u22gowo2_500.gif

Bii

The Star Wars hype has truly had it's hold on me for months now. Think I might try and buy the Han Hot Toys when I get paid.

I'm trying to be as conservative as I can when it comes to spending money on new Star Wars merch...it's not going well. :/

Zombine

Banned
This is the real truth right fucking here. Leia notwithstanding

tumblr_ndwfr1qcGC1u22gowo2_500.gif

Hey man don't forget about that Figuarts that's dropping within the next calendar year for a fraction of the price.

How wude!

But for real though, I don't have the same disdain for the characters as some of the older fans. I was firmly within the target demo for the character at the time, and I thought he was silly and fun. I still like him.

Hagi

I'm trying to be as conservative as I can when it comes to spending money on new Star Wars merch...it's not going well. :/

haha I can relate I've been spending my money on small things so far like the books, Kylo Ren POP, Rey Lego Speeder and some other stuff but it's hard to hold back at times lol

I really want the Lego of Poe's X-Wing but thankfully we haven't moved out yet so I'd have no where to put it.

Hey man don't forget about that Figuarts that's dropping within the next calendar year for a fraction of the price.

I have 6 Star Wars figuarts on preorder already so don't worry I'm in this for the long run my friend.

Owzers

Dark Knight Rises....i've yet to see it a second time, i get this weird feeling when i think about watching it again.

I decided that i'm not going to spend my MU time reading Bendis books and Spiderverse before other things, i'm flipping the list, and now those will be read only when i have no other book i'm interested in.

Zombine

Banned
TDK > TDKR > BB for me

I love them all

I think my biggest problem is that I can't get over the fact that we would have gotten an entirely different (and better) film had Ledger survived.

Also, actually
killing off Dent
was a misstep. They should have had him return for Rises as the main antagonist.

Hagi

Don't think I've seen Dark Knight Rises since the cinema release. Begins is my favourite of the 3, it's just an awesome movie top to bottom.

VanWinkle

Batman as scarecrow sees him under his own fear toxic is legit terrifying.

3rd movie with Joker and Riddler would've been amazing. Shame about how it turned out, but I still liked it personally.

3rd movie with Joker and Riddle would've been amazing. Shame about how it turned out, but I still liked it personally.

it's disappointing to me but i still would take it over a number of other comic book movies, it's so ambitious. and there's some amazing fan service like the bats flying out of the cave as bruce is escaping the prison and the ending with this:

Hagi

3rd movie with Joker and Riddler would've been amazing. Shame about how it turned out, but I still liked it personally.

Bane was such a mixed bag in 3, like holy shit that fucking voice is terrible. Hardy has such presence though that he works in spite of that. I really liked what they did with Selina.

Zombine

Banned
it's disappointing to me but i still would take it over a number of other comic book movies, it's so ambitious. and there's some amazing fan service like the bats flying out of the cave as bruce is escaping the prison and the ending with this:

I still think they'll return to the Nolan-verse what with there being a multiverse and all.

Please let me dream.

Top Bottom