• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

it's disappointing to me but i still would take it over a number of other comic book movies, it's so ambitious. and there's some amazing fan service like the bats flying out of the cave as bruce is escaping the prison and the ending with this:

That's exactly how I feel about Dark Knight Rises. It's an incredibly flawed film (the Robin line pissed me right off), but there are so many brilliant moments, I still admire the work put into it.

Oh, Sejic did Rat Queens too? That explains the weird fascination with him. Good for him that his drawing has cleaned up since then since it looked pretty poor.

Can't win them all. Atleast you tried it. Can't say I agree at all but that is ok.

I enjoy the story so far, I just still don't really care for his art. It's not enough to be a negative but still disappointing at times.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Oh, I'm doing it. BB rolling right now.

RISING

"Rise"

tumblr_lwhmvzJMeR1qgy9i3o2_500.gif

Owzers

I saw Fast and Furious 7 today because the ravens/49ers game was boring.

Thoughts:

I like The Rock.
some of the other action was okay?
i can't get over the solution to everything being a car.
They did at least 3 call back phrases where they quote what someone else said when the table is turned.

Also, this walking dead episode is intense.

VanWinkle

Just finished Batman Begins. Golly Gee that was wonderful. That was really a step up in writing and direction from so many other comic book movies. It had way more depth than pretty much any MCU movie. But, then, no Marvel movies have had the luxury of having Nolan direct them, so...

Onto The Dark Knight tomorrow. Can't wait to watch that one again. I think I've seen it two or three times, but it's been awhile since I had last seen it. I've watched Begins three or four times now, and I watched TDKR once when it came out.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sorry guys, I saw Dan DiDio at my grocery store and didn't harass him or pitch him any books. No comics superstardom for me.

Sorry guys, I saw Dan DiDio at my grocery store and didn't harass him or pitch him any books. No comics superstardom for me.

Wait.

Your name is Dan.

When you "saw Dan DiDio at your grocery store," were you looking in a flat, reflective surface at the time?

Boogiepop

Oh right, movie talk reminded me that I don't think I mentioned this yet: Saw the film Constantine for the first time the other day, and it... averaged out to a meh, to be honest. Which is better than the pure godawful I was expecting, at least. Like, it had some nice ideas at parts, and some good bits, and you can kind of see a proper Hellblazer movie buried in there a bit... but it's also got some definite instances of really bad acting/lines, and it sure as hell wasn't Hellblazer, that's for sure. Didn't capture John Constantine in the slightest, and REALLY didn't capture Chas. Like, seriously, having him be LeBeouf and just making the role like, the complete opposite of the character in pretty much every way possible was... interesting.

So yeah, that was a thing that I did recently.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So Gail Simone is recalling on Twitter her visit to a Canadian comic shop where there was an entire genre section entitled 'Boobus'. Now she's talking about all the comics where the "boobuses" took center stage in comics covers, including in her own works. It's quite funny.

Messi

So Gail Simone is recalling on Twitter her visit to a Canadian comic shop where there was an entire genre section entitled 'Boobus'. Now she's talking about all the comics where the "boobuses" took center stage in comics covers, including in her own works. It's quite funny.

Did she leave the hinterlands yet?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My Mondays are your Wednesdays

Come on "last days of..."

Hagi

Gail has the best twitter in all of comic town.

I have just discovered the joys of listening to instrumentals and reading comic books.

--

BK you are good people. Freeza you can remove him from that list we had him on.
Dude instrumentals and reading are the dream.

Also WHAT LIST?!
It only gets better. Until AXIS Prelude, then it starts getting significantly worse.

Still, those middle arcs are good stuff.

The first volume of Uncanny Avengers is okay, but volumes 2-4 are fantastic.

The end of Uncanny Avengers leads directly into AXIS and then back into the next volume of Uncanny Avengers. You can stop after Avenge the Earth honestly. AXIS wasn't particularly good and the relaunch of Uncanny felt like it was rushed to completion since Secret Wars was so soon after.
I'll probably read all of it, since I've already read the whole High Evolutionary arc.
I think my biggest problem is that I can't get over the fact that we would have gotten an entirely different (and better) film had Ledger survived.

Also, actually
killing off Dent
was a misstep. They should have had him return for Rises as the main antagonist.
TDKR's main issue is Catwoman. It's a bad subplot that over clutters the movie. Remove it and focus more on the rest and it becomes a much clearer film. Also, the Bane parts alone of that movie are so entertaining.
I guess death vigil is OK, it's a shame it's plagued by bad art. Just looks lazy at times.
You're a monster

Away for the weekend, didn't get to read much. (Except a couple of issues of Simonson FF which continues to be great).

Also Kipp - You getting Absolute Preacher? :D

kurt busiek is way too nice on twitter in trying to explain how Cap America is historically liberal to fools who dont even read the comics

dudes moving goal posts every tweet

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, I miss you guys.

Also Kipp - You getting Absolute Preacher? :D

Omg. Absolute Preacher!? How may volumes will it be and what price point?
Even though it's one of my top 3 all-time favorite runs, I'm guessing I won't get it though. I really like the TPBs. They're great quality and super readable. Plus, as much as I do like Dillon, I don't necessarily need to see his art in massive oversized-ness.

Top Bottom