• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Tizoc

Speaking of hijinks
Messi come on
Life is Strange finale in less than 48 hours
Get in on dat ish
life_is_strange_chloe_dancing_by_digi_matrix-d8g18w3.gif

Come on Messi...

I kinda want to make this a standard OT thread, but I'll localize it to Comic GAF:

Who is your least favorite Marvel MAIN and DC MAIN character? 1 from each. For me it's:

For Marvel it's definitely Punisher. Fuck him. I don't like Iron Man either.

I can't think of one for DC off the top of my head. I'd have to put some thought into that.

Was a great issue for sure. Wasn't expecting the superpowers twist.

I kind of enjoyed the new artist. Annie Wu's great, but I'd put the fill-in on par, easily. It's not a situation like Omega Men's #4 where the guy they brought in wasn't nearly as good (IMO, of course).

Yeah she was good. I prefer Annie Wu's art but Guerra's a fine replacement for when she's not around.

Hagi

I'm still playing through Witcher 3 ;>_>

Ordered Thor volume 2 and volume 1 of the Simones Secret Six today. I really liked the new Thor, the internal monlogue she has is fun and it was a nice introduction to the character. Issue 5 was a bit too on the nose for me with the way Aaron was basically sticking two fingers up to his naysayers and sexist assholes but whatever. Not sure about the direction Odin is going with his brother and pushing Frigga aside, it's pretty flimsy so far. Thor's armor is fucking cool, probably the best design for a recent character I can remember.

Owzers

the Bruce parts of Gotham continue to be awful, watching episode 2 of the current season now debating if i shall continue.

VanWinkle

Which event came first: Identity Crisis or Infinite Crisis? I am getting both, because I found a used hardcover of Identity Crisis for $0.01 plus $3.99 shipping on Amazon. They probably aren't connected but I'd like to read whichever one released first first. I also got Final Crisis which I know a lot of people hate. But it was $0.10 plus $3.99 shipping for a hardcover. Hard to pass up.

Which event came first: Identity Crisis or Infinite Crisis? I am getting both, because I found a used hardcover of Identity Crisis for $0.01 plus $3.99 shipping on Amazon. They probably aren't connected but I'd like to read whichever one released first first. I also got Final Crisis which I know a lot of people hate. But it was $0.10 plus $3.99 shipping for a hardcover. Hard to pass up.
Identity Crisis followed by Countdown to Infinite Crisis followed by The OMAC Project, Rann/Thanagar War, Villains United, and Day of Vengeance followed by Infinite Crisis.

One day, I will get back to Witcher III. Admittedly I didn't get that far in the first place, so I'll probably have to start again. Trying to avoid big games right now, having just come off Mad Max and Fallout 4 mere weeks away.

Hopefully I'll wrap up Transformers Devastation and Life is Strange over the next few days, then I've got Murdered: Soul Suspect, Alien: Isolation, Dying Light and both seasons of Telltale's Walking Dead (season one is a replay as I first played it on console) to tide me over the Halloween season.

Lunchbox, I feel your pain on the "buying but not playing" feeling. I spent so much in that Steam Stealth Sale last week. It started with just getting Black Flag, but then I added more, and more, until it could not be stopped. Still, Fallout 4 is it for me until the Winter Sale. I gots presents to buy for people (okay, I'm buying some Disney Infinity stuff, but that's not for me, it's for my nephews as Santa is bringing the core set, I'm only going to play it a little).

That pricing seems accurate, as you'll get more reading enjoyment out of the envelope than Identity Crisis. Still, for four bucks you could do a lot worse.

There's a reason it is priced at $0.01.

^Tetrax beat me to it.

VanWinkle

I know not everybody likes it, but not everybody hates it. I figured, for $4 it was a risk I was comfortable taking.

^^^Thanks for the info, spike.

It was mostly Batman: TAS that was really fucked up with episodes airing out of order etc. Justice League has a far more continuous storyline that has a set order.
JL is just as bad, though. They screw up some continuity and character arcs this way. Plus, the best part is the Netflix episode order is exact airing order, while the DVD collection is somewhere in between the airing and production order. It's weird and they're so bad about it.
I'd say my least fav. DC character or rather most hated is Lex Luthor.
However he does have some great stories featuring him, so even though I hate the guy I will acknowledge good stories he is in.

EDIT: hey now, no need to trash on FrankenCastle, that was a fun run :/

EDIT2: Furthermore, Punisher comics at their best (eg Ennis, etc.) is more about the other characters rather than Frank himself, so while you go in expecting to read about the character, it's the others that take center stage.

Also obligatory Frank Castle bro-ing it out with Thor
I mean that's cool and all, but that exchange is also exactly why I dislike Frank.
So that next what if is Rocket Raccoon kills the Marvel Universe shit?

dang it.
That sounds incredibly stupid. Will not read.
The Hulk and The Green Lantern. Apparently I just don't like the color green.
No GL specifically? Just all GLs?
Sounds like he's just playing around.

I am currently trying to play Batman, Witcher and Metal Gear. Failing miserably.

I can't get through Batman. Shin and I were even talking about it the other day.

So disappointed in the game. I'm not much of a fan of open-world games to begin with, but I loved Arkham City. Arkham Knight is just ugh.

Messi

All at the same time? I'm not surprised, that'd be confusing as hell.

Yeah but I'm so early in Witcher (bloody Baron) and Metal Gear (honey bee) and I'm about 50% through Arkham. The lack of any Harley content has killed my hype and interest. I am at the part where
You help Ivy find the big plant roots

Hagi

I am currently trying to play Batman, Witcher and Metal Gear. Failing miserably.

I finished Batman the week it came out. I enjoyed my time with it but the way it wrapped up just annoyed me then I traded it in because the season pass looked shit. Not as good a game as City or Origins but still fun.

Still haven't finished Metal Gear, probably won't. Bring on Fallout 4.

Owzers

I gave up on Batman hours into it, probably giving up on Metal Gear soon. I played through Witcher 3 despite it's find-ciri pacing and enjoyed it overall while still being hostile to the fetchery. There hasn't been a game this generation that I really felt good about all the way through. If i weren't so bad at Rocket League and if Hearthstone gave me a golden legendary instead of basic packs, those two might be my favorite recent games.

Tizoc

Welp this just arrived and I have 2 days off, I swear if there's a chibi neon ghost child in it that is circling a room I'm gonna be NOPE-ing for weeks.

I have the same problem. I like the idea of playing games but when it comes time to actually buy and play them I just can't do it.

I can't get excited for videogames anymore :(. I want to but I lose interest so fast.

But it has girly hijinx.
GIRLY HIJINX

Gamble a few dollars/Pounds/Euros and it play it with your friends or SO, you'll be hooked to the game and really appreciate it for its calm presentation.
Heck there are parts in the game where you can just SIT DOWN, just SIT and have the camera move around showing you the area while music is being played.
Did I mention this game has a great soundtrack?
Also it takes place in Oregon USA

Messi

Welp this just arrived and I have 2 days off, I swear if there's a chibi neon ghost child in it that is circling a room I'm gonna be NOPE-ing for weeks.

But it has girly hijinx.
GIRLY HIJINX

Gamble a few dollars/Pounds/Euros and it play it with your friends or SO, you'll be hooked to the game and really appreciate it for its calm presentation.
Heck there are parts in the game where you can just SIT DOWN, just SIT and have the camera move around showing you the area while music is being played.
Did I mention this game has a great soundtrack?
Also it takes place in Oregon USA

I own the season pass :/

Tomita

Hey Comic GAF, I normally just buy trades but lately I've been picking up some issues... So I have kind of a dumbass question.

I got Black Canary 3 & 4 and I'm loving it, but my shop didn't have 1 or 2. I don't really want to buy the trade to get 1 and 2, or get digital copies, I want physical copies. So, is there any chance my comic book store would get 1 & 2 later on, or should I not even bother hoping? In which case, is there any deals online where you can get reduced shipping if you buy multiple issues? Because every place I'm aware of is gonna add 3.99 shipping for every issue, which is a bit much to me.

Owzers

Hey Comic GAF, I normally just buy trades but lately I've been picking up some issues... So I have kind of a dumbass question.

I got Black Canary 3 & 4 and I'm loving it, but my shop didn't have 1 or 2. I don't really want to buy the trade to get 1 and 2, or get digital copies, I want physical copies. So, is there any chance my comic book store would get 1 & 2 later on, or should I not even bother hoping? In which case, is there any deals online where you can get reduced shipping if you buy multiple issues? Because every place I'm aware of is gonna add 3.99 shipping for every issue, which is a bit much to me.

Have you tried mycomicshop.com? Also ebay.

You may be able to ask your LCS owner to order in some issues for you.
Have you tried mycomicshop.com? Also ebay.
Online shops work, too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Halo Reach for live.

I am just not excited for 5. seems like they want to take all focus from the Master Chief aways and shoehorn some total wicked squad into the hearts of the fans.

Will play it at some point, but I am not excited for it.
We all know how the game is going to end anyway.

Yeah all of it. The overall Lantern concept just seems so incredibly lame to me. Like a much less cool version of the Nova Corps. I've never been able to get past that so I don't really know any of the individual characters.

I dunno, I've always thought the concept was pretty cool. Never knew where to start, but GL Rebirth fixed that problem, since Geoff Johns pretty much fixed the entire GL mythos.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
still no "Last Days Of..." stuff on MU this week, which means we are no closer to Secret Wars

vdLE8dJ.gif

Top Bottom