• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Thinking about:
The Filth
Vimanarama
Seaguy
Joe the Barbarian
Seven Soldiers of Victory
JLA

Also thinking about Batman Inc but I also want the Absolute edition

This is a nightmare

Hagi

morrison sale?

wh4rmed.png

my wife is gonna kill me, gonna have to sell some of my books...

good luck ed

might pick up Doom Patrol

VanWinkle

I think I'm going to get Batman Incorporated, Action Comics Vol. 1, JLA Vol. 1, Seven Soldiers of Victory 1 and 2, and MAYBE Aztek.

Man.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm pretending that I'm saving money by only picking up Flex Mentallo, WE3, JLA Vol 2 and JLA Earth 2, but the truth is that I'm holding off because I plan on buying physical copies of a lot of these. Hell, I just picked up JLA to tide me over until DC reprints the HC for Vol 2. I just want to read it already.

Complete Doom Patrol for $30 is really tempting though...

Ooh kid eternity and swamp thing are in the singles section of the CMX Morrison sale

I'm always on the fence on the invisibles & the filth. I have the trades for the invisibles and didn't really click so I'll probably pass.

Now that the shock wore off, I've decided to just go with DC stuff since the Vertigo stuff is pretty cheap normally. These DC collections though? They're a STEAL at this price.

Going with:
All of JLA
Seven Soldiers
All of Batman Inc.

And all of this for just $45! Goddamn. Happy that JLA is on sale since I grabbed JLA One Million during a sale and never read it.

If you haven't read Doom Patrol yet, this is the perfect chance. Seriously one of the best comics I've read. The characters are all great and the story is just incredible.

Hagi

man I hope they do a Star Wars sale this week I really want to read some Old Republic or something after that trailer

VanWinkle

Is Morrison's JLA run one long story arc, or do the volumes contain themselves well? As much as I want all four volumes of it, I can't really afford it right now.

Filling out my order form for December, and I decided to cut it. December starts a new story arc so it's the best time to break away, and I haven't been enjoying it these last few issues and hate most of the characters.

Tokyo Ghost might get the axe too, but I decided to give one more issue a try before taking that swing.

Also, new Head Lopper in December! :D

But don't you wanna know if Marcus gets the herpes family he always wanted?

FDPGZon.png

Started Batman Inc. This is the one book I've wanted forever but I've just never read it for some reason. I don't know why-- I love Batman and I love Morrison's run up to it. Anyways, the first issue was great. Morrison just writes the best Batman. The dialogue and writing is great as always. The art is gorgeous and it also has the secret best Batman villain: Lord Death Man!

Morrison writes a great Catwoman too. This bit was really funny:
HtS0USq.png

I wish I liked the New 52 Batman series because Batman has always been a favorite of mine. I really do miss reading Batman stuff.

frye

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So top 5 from the morrison sale to get?

Assuming you haven't read any at all, I'd say get We3, JLA: Earth Two, Seven Soldiers, Flash: The Human Race, and uhhhhh probably DC One Million (#1-4 + JLA #1000000, the last of which is not on sale but w/e)

VanWinkle

Man. I don't know for SURE if I'm going to go straight into the nearly 800-page Seven Soldiers of Victory yet, but I thought I'd at least check it out. What a cool looking first page with really clever panel dividers.

I wish I could say I know that feel but my town is tiny and I won't have an issue getting tickets for a morning showing. It's not Imax but it'll do.

I got IMAX 3D, though I hadn't actually realized it until after I checked out.

Many eyegasms are in store.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone ever make a comic about putting together horror movie characters as a team?

I know League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is kinda that, but I mean people like Carrie (Telekenetic), Jason (unstoppable zombie tank), etc?

I guess the rights would be a bitch

Hagi

I got IMAX 3D, though I hadn't actually realized it until after I checked out.

Many eyegasms are in store.

is it a liemax or a real IMAX? I know there is one scene that's shot in full 70mm so that will be cool to see on such a massive screen. I'd love to see it in IMAX myself but I think the closest is like 2 hours away and it will be absolutely mobbed.

Squire

Banned
Man. I don't know for SURE if I'm going to go straight into the nearly 800-page Seven Soldiers of Victory yet, but I thought I'd at least check it out. What a cool looking first page with really clever panel dividers.

Someone here mentioned Final Crisis, SS, and The Multiversity being a sort of trilogy, thematically. Looking forward to reading all of that.

Also, I hear weed will soon be legal in Canada, so those of you that reside there will be able to experience these Morrison comics as God intended (and by "God" I do mean Morrison.)

But seriously, I'm kidding.
You'd need something much stronger than weed for the full Morrison experience.

ElNarez

Banned
Someone here mentioned Final Crisis, SS, and The Multiversity being a sort of trilogy, thematically. Looking forward to reading all of that.

Also, I hear weed will soon be legal in Canada, so those of you that reside there will be able to experience these Morrison comics as God intended (and by "God" I do mean Morrison.)

Wrong order, it's Seven Soldiers, then Final Crisis, then Multiversity, except you have to put his Batman run before and after FC, and his Action Comics run (Specifically #9 but nah you're reading all of it). And if you wanna be thorough in your references, you get both his Animal Man and Doom Patrol runs before that.

Heh, it's already largely decriminalized, at least in western Canada. Just need an easy-to-get prescription. And there are head shops all over. Comics go well with high grade sativa.. A friend told me.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My cinema is screening the original Nightmare on Elm Streen on Halloween and now I am excited. To bad Frieday the 13th is banned in germany, would have been a cool double feature.

Squire

Banned
Just read Starfire #5. This book is sooooo good every month. It's funny and it's beautiful. Atlee is a great friend, haha.

Wrong order, it's Seven Soldiers, then Final Crisis, then Multiversity, except you have to put his Batman run before and after FC, and his Action Comics run (Specifically #9 but nah you're reading all of it). And if you wanna be thorough in your references, you get both his Animal Man and Doom Patrol runs before that.

O-oh my :O

Hey, how was that Zatanna Black Canary Blood Spell?

For Morrison, I'm getting his Zatanna mini, We3 and the two Seven Soldier's books. I think my girl and I will like both enjoy We3 and Zatanna is a no brainier as I'm a fan of the character. And Seven Soldiers is all you guys. Don't let me down, Comicsgaf.

Squire

Banned

For Morrison, I'm getting his Zatanna mini, We3 and the two Seven Soldier's books. I think my girl and I will like both enjoy We3 and Zatanna is a no brainier as I'm a fan of the character. And Seven Soldiers is all you guys. Don't let me down, Comicsgaf.

Zatanna mini is included as part of SS!

I tried to pull up a reading list for this Morrison stuff. It's quite intricate. Gonna get Batman & Son and read SS, then B&S, Final Crisis, and if I enjoy all of that I'll get Multiversity afterward.

Anyone ever make a comic about putting together horror movie characters as a team?

I know League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is kinda that, but I mean people like Carrie (Telekenetic), Jason (unstoppable zombie tank), etc?

I guess the rights would be a bitch
I'd buy it. I'm sure people have thought about it. Justice League Dark, the upcoming Howling Commandos, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen are all in similar vein. Even the BPRD. The whole "supernatural superhero team" is a cool concept in and of itself.

I liked it. It was a fun book.

Mindwipe

I need to pick up Final Crisis to have the whole story on Morrison Batman, right?

Yes. Something happens in Final Crisis that's really quite important.

And whooo boy. A Morrison sale the week after the Vertigo one, a week after an Image one? CMX are killing me. I'm only saved because I already own a fair bit of it. But you can't argue with Seven Soldiers for £6/$10. And I can get the rest of Action Comics.

Congrats to anyone successful in The Ticketing. I could only get in on the 18th, after four and a half hours.

Last week I read vol 1 - 7 of Fables and I still liked it a lot by the time I was done. When is it supposed to turn to shit? I'm quite tempted to finish it, but into the backlog anything will go so I can sale wait.

I've just started reading Phonogram. New topic ComicGAF - top three books that are in black and white that would actually be better in colour? Cos this is already one of my three. Black and white doesn't work for the Britpop 90s.

tim1138

Everyone needs to buy Seven Soldiers in this week's sale. It's so, SO good.

And how do have all of his stuff on sale but Animal Man. What the hell CMX, I'd double dip on that in a second

tim1138

It was an awesome issue

What is it about?

Seven separate heroes (Bulleteer, Klarion, Ystin the Shining Knight, Zatanna, Mr Miracle, Frankenstein, and the Manhattan Guardian) save the world from an ancient threat. Consider it a proto Multiversity, each hero has a separate mini (with a who's who lineup of artists on each book), with two bookend issues. There's a lot of great twists and turns throughout so it's best to go in blind and not look stuff up ahead of time. Seven Soldiers, Final Crisis, and Multiversity form a really nice trilogy.

Messi

Seven separate heroes (Bulleteer, Klarion, Ystin the Shining Knight, Zatanna, Mr Miracle, Frankenstein, and the Manhattan Guardian) save the world from an ancient threat. Consider it a proto Multiversity, each hero has a separate mini (with a who's who lineup of artists on each book), with two bookend issues. There's a lot of great twists and turns throughout so it's best to go in blind and not look stuff up ahead of time. Seven Soldiers, Final Crisis, and Multiversity form a really nice trilogy.

Zatanna you say?

Klarion tho... That's the boy Witch Nocenti ruined.

tim1138

Zatanna you say?

Klarion tho... That's the boy Witch Nocenti ruined.

You can find out why Klarion is such a great character! Bulleteer is also a lady hero by the way.

Ughhh they never collected DC one million in the JLA collections?

Boooooo

EDIT: Jaysis there's no digital one million collection at all, good lord!!!!

I can't imagine reading DC One Million without all the tie in books. They should need to do a digital release of the omnibus or break it up into three or four volumes.

Messi

You can find out why Klarion is such a great character! Bulleteer is also a lady hero by the way.

I can't imagine reading DC One Million without all the tie in books. They should need to do a digital release of the omnibus or break it up into three or four volumes.

I shall buy it because you like it Tim. Also Zatanna.

Finally gonna get digital we3 and batman run.

Top Bottom