• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Mudcrab

Love that banner.
4865503-the_mighty_thor_1_gatefold_cover.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned

mreddie

Being exclusive doesn't mean the Indie Comic ends, it also means they have a first hand on what's gonna happen with the DC/Marvel universe.

In news that only interests me, it looks like Scott Kolins is taking over JL3K1 now that Howard Porter is on Superman, just in time for the all lady League. Porter is going to be extremely hard to replace on that book, but I think Kolins is an excellent choice. There is also going to be an issue drawn by Colleen Doran before Kolins takes over, but I haven't seen any art from it.

Presenting the Justice Ladies 3k1:

Cool

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel / DC exclusivity sounds like the old Sony / MS exclusives where they can still come out on steam :p

Every time I watch the Force Awakens trailer I get more hyped.

Every. Damn. Time.

Duuuuude.

So true.

Weirdly...i was watching the trailer on my phone, on the bus home from Uni. a...mid 40s guy (I'm assuming. I'm bad with age) noticed it and asked if he could watch because he hadn't seen it yet. I was just happy about it and said sure. He watched it and just said it looks so cool and reminds him of the Star Wars he grew up with.

This movie.

Also. to be on topic. that Grant Morrison sale....if I ever have to declare bankruptcy then Comixology will be entirely to blame.

Edit: Is the Flex Mentallo Morrison stuff set post Doom Patrol or does it not really matter?

ElNarez

Banned
The Ales Kot newsletter that has a bit more on Material being cancelled is out, it's heavy stuff. The choice bit:

Material is cancelled. It's no-one's fault.

The facts are simple: the current comics marketplace, and the current comics business, do not support the type of work I predominantly want to create, nor do they support the type of ethical conduct I want to perpetuate. Nor do they pay enough.

In the months following the now-famous-and-infamous interview I gave Abraham Riesman at the Vulture, I sensed a final rising of a long-gestating tidal wave. I don't have a good explanation of what the wave is; I merely know it exists. I know I am moving into a new way of being, and some days, I can see the other shore.

Wash over me.

and:

Material might continue next year. The format would change. One graphic novel per year. See if it works. If it does, we might do more. If it doesn't...well, I refuse to not use the already-made-and-excellent covers by Tom Muller, so we at least have to do the 2016 version.

Tizoc

I'm holding off watching that new Star Wars trailer.
Would prefer being on media blackout as much as possible XP

Owzers

i don't get trailer hype, trailers are supposed to make me want to see a movie and if i already know i want to see it then it just takes away the impact of the scenes they use for the trailer. Same for games.

i don't get trailer hype, trailers are supposed to make me want to see a movie and if i already know i want to see it then it just takes away the impact of the scenes they use for the trailer. Same for games.

Well, people look forward to seeing new footage for movies they're looking forward to. Sure we'll all see it when we watch the film anyway, but let's remember - we live in a society that's all about instant gratification.

Ales Kot is Sejic in about 5-6 years. This industry just breaks some people.

This is depressing stuff. I should buy Death Vigil or something.

Also, that New Avengers cover is ridiculously hype. Ultron Forever was one of the best comics this year, it's really cool Ewing's gonna show us more of that future Avengers team.

Top Bottom