• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Ales Kot is the corniest motherfucker alive. Dude compared himself to a fuckin wave.

Oh, I watched iZombie over the weekend.

It was p. good. How's it measure up to the comic? Both in terms of quality and content. Considering picking the book up, but I don't want to spoil the show.

Zombine

Banned
Oh, I watched iZombie over the weekend.

It was p. good. How's it measure up to the comic? Both in terms of quality and content. Considering picking the book up, but I don't want to spoil the show.

It's so different dude. They're wicked hard to compare. Both are charming in their own ways, though I wish that the show would dive a bit deeper into the monster side of things.

Mindwipe

Is our most me or is Marvel getting worse at writing solicitations? Some of this months read like bland Target descriptions of Genesis games in 1996.

"A NEW THREAT TO THE GALAXY HAS EMERGED!"

Tizoc

And amazon.com has erased yet ANOTHER one of my orders o_O
Oh well re-ordering Don Rosa Vol. 3+4, which apparently is now releasing in November?

VanWinkle

Multiversity is 50% off there?
Canceling amazon order, thanks mate!

It's only $2.49 more Amazon, and on IST you'll have to add $4 unless you spend $50 or more. Of course, IST will pack it better, but that ends up being cheaper on Amazon unless you buy some more stuff on IST.

I'm just mad at IST. Ordered something over a week ago and they have had it under "shipped" for almost a week now and FedEx never got the package. Turns out, from the email I got back from IST this morning, they accidentally gave it to USPS instead of FedEx so they aren't sure whether I'll get it or not. I have to wait until Friday and if I don't have it by then they'll send it to me again. Ugh.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Not a single Hickman book in Image's solicits :(

Nowhere Men returning... with new artists?! How bizarre given Stephenson's comments on that in the past. I'm in regardless. Big Emi Lenox fan anyhow.

Wytches still isn't back.

--

And I see I missed the news that Mark Millar is stealing Greg Capullo away from Batman for a few months next year.

Is our most me or is Marvel getting worse at writing solicitations? Some of this months read like bland Target descriptions of Genesis games in 1996.

"A NEW THREAT TO THE GALAXY HAS EMERGED!"
Worse, or intentionally vague?

Take a look at Image solicitations, some of those are super simple.

"A stranger arrives in Portsmouth."

"Amelia feels doom."

"Desperation leads to murder."

Interesting. Are the old moon night books worth it? I really loved the reboot last year.

Marvel's Epic series tries to collect the whole history of a character. So it will be a mix of good and bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Ultimate_Collection,_Complete_Epic_and_Epic_Collection_lines

#1 in the first epic collection is supposed to be the start of a great run though. (Moench/Sienkiewicz) - That runs through all of the 2nd Epic and to #38, which should be in the 3rd..

Owzers

Jurassic World kinda reminds me of Predators where everything is forgettable outside of the fact that there were predators in the movie. I'm hoping it improves....

PsychBat!

Banned
d7e3ydz.gif

Grant Morrison sale total (+5 bucks for the one Batman collection I accidentally clicked "buy now" on):

You guys better not be overselling Flex Mentallo, is what I'm saying.

I liked Flex a lot. I really enjoyed the character in Doom Patrol so I may be a bit biased though.

What else did you get?

What'd you get yo

I liked Flex a lot. I really enjoyed the character in Doom Patrol so I may be a bit biased though.

What else did you get?

Lessee... in no particular order:

Batman and Son
Seven Soldiers of Victory (vol 1-2)
JLA (vol 1-4)
Flex Mentallo
Final Crisis
Doom Patrol (vol 1-6)
Batman the Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman & Robin (vol 1-3)
Batman: Time and the Batman
Batman RIP
Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (which I'm pretty sure I read at some point, but eh, 5 bucks)
Batman Incorporated (volume 1, and also volume 1-2)

Think I'm gonna skip Multiversity and Teen Titans Earth One tomorrow, since I'm basically set on collections for... well, the foreseeable future.

tim1138

Lessee... in no particular order:

Batman and Son
Seven Soldiers of Victory (vol 1-2)
JLA (vol 1-4)
Flex Mentallo
Final Crisis
Doom Patrol (vol 1-6)
Batman the Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman & Robin (vol 1-3)
Batman: Time and the Batman
Batman RIP
Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (which I'm pretty sure I read at some point, but eh, 5 bucks)
Batman Incorporated (volume 1, and also volume 1-2)

Ya done good kid

Top Bottom