• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Lessee... in no particular order:

Batman and Son
Seven Soldiers of Victory (vol 1-2)
JLA (vol 1-4)
Flex Mentallo
Final Crisis
Doom Patrol (vol 1-6)
Batman the Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman & Robin (vol 1-3)
Batman: Time and the Batman
Batman RIP
Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (which I'm pretty sure I read at some point, but eh, 5 bucks)
Batman Incorporated (volume 1, and also volume 1-2)

Think I'm gonna skip Multiversity and Teen Titans Earth One tomorrow, since I'm basically set on collections for... well, the foreseeable future.

I'm so proud

Zombine

Banned
Is it what I think it was?

All I can say is more or less stay away from everything involving Star Wars from this point forward where a community might congregate.

Please my dudes, I'm begging you. No matter how excited ya'll get about Star Wars don't post random spoilers or pics or shit here for the next two months.

Edit: Not saying anyone will, but ffs please it's a horrible idea. Just don't.

Owzers

two months.....give me until the blu ray release :/

Jurassic World managed to have the least interesting characters out of any Jurassic movie. That's hard to do.

Zombine

Banned
two months.....give me until the blu ray release :/

You know what I mean...it's just pretty uncouth. I already had Luke's costume spoiled here and I really didn't want to see that in a random thread about comics on a random website. I'm prepared to be chill about it. At most I'll be like "WOAH BEST MOVIE EV-AR."

All I can say is more or less stay away from everything involving Star Wars from this point forward where a community might congregate.

Please my dudes, I'm begging you. No matter how excited ya'll get about Star Wars don't post random spoilers or pics or shit here for the next two months.

Edit: Not saying anyone will, but ffs please it's a horrible idea. Just don't.

Zombeen plz. I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I wouldn't spoil it for anyone. I wouldn't even phrase anything suggestively in that direction.

PsychBat!

Banned
You know what I mean...it's just pretty uncouth. I already had Luke's costume spoiled here and I really didn't want to see that in a random thread about comics on a random website. I'm prepared to be chill about it. At most I'll be like "WOAH BEST MOVIE EV-AR."

Mobile doesn't spoiler tag itself.

Zombine

Banned
Zombeen plz. I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I wouldn't spoil it for anyone. I wouldn't even phrase anything suggestively in that direction.

No no I was just quoting you as a jumping on point for my rant.

Mobile doesn't spoiler tag itself.

Nah Ily and it wasn't huge or anything. It was just hard to miss. We still gotta make a Star Wars truce tho.

Edit:

Also...Rose McIver tonight...

obama-sweat.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Holy shit. Longest 48 hours of my life. Never felt so burnt out on work. Thankfully I've got tomorrow off and the rest of the week is really light...

Right now I'm sitting at my computer with quiche and a beer though, so life is good again.

Holy shit. Longest 48 hours of my life. Never felt so burnt out on work. Thankfully I've got tomorrow off and the rest of the week is really light...

Right now I'm sitting at my computer with quiche and a beer though, so life is good again.

Only way to relax now is to buy more Monsterarts. Come on Kipp, you know you want to.

VanWinkle

Batman and Son
JLA (vol 1-4)
Flex Mentallo
Final Crisis
Doom Patrol (vol 1-6)
Batman & Robin (vol 1-3)
Batman RIP
Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne (which I'm pretty sure I read at some point, but eh, 5 bucks)

Think I'm gonna skip Multiversity and Teen Titans Earth One tomorrow, since I'm basically set on collections for... well, the foreseeable future.

Absolutely incredible.

Kipp

Only way to relax now is to buy more Monsterarts. Come on Kipp, you know you want to.

Really funny you should mention that... Just got a PM from a guy on Reddit saying he was going to send me the Paypal invoice for this: https://imgur.com/a/EC6tf

Only bad news is that I'm running out of Monsterarts to buy...
There's only one left that I probably want and a few that I'm meh about but will probably buy eventually anyways.

Boogiepop

So I did indeed place an IST order. The Hawkeye and Multiversity omnibi, the latest TMNT and MTMTE trades, some more gap filling in the Mignolaverse (the more random Hellboy stuff I was missing like Midnight Circus, the Lobster Johnson trades, and the Witchfinder ones), and then I decided to try out the first trade of Squirrel Girl.

Owzers

I watched the Patriots play nfl the other day. It was terrible. The lack of Rockets basketball is killing me.

i'm really not into preseason games this year for the nba, i've only watched half a game. I watched that Patriots game too outside of a Walking Dead break....eh.

Kipp

So I did indeed place an IST order. The Hawkeye and Multiversity omnibi, the latest TMNT and MTMTE trades, some more gap filling in the Mignolaverse (the more random Hellboy stuff I was missing like Midnight Circus, the Lobster Johnson trades, and the Witchfinder ones), and then I decided to try out the first trade of Squirrel Girl.

Ooh. Almost missed the fact that Multiversity Deluxe HC came out today. Nice.

Also, for any Hunter S. Thompson fans out there, this comic adaptation of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas came out today. I met the guy who adapted the dialogue and did the art for it at SDCC and he's super cool. He gave me a 75 page preview of it and (well... I'll be honest, I didn't read through the whole thing yet) it seemed really great. Check it out

Messi

Nailed it

That sounds like an order full of fun

Shaanyboi

Banned
So last week I got around to finishing Paul Dini's Batman: Streets of Gotham series (with a handful of guest-written issues). If you're unfamiliar, this started right around the time Dick became Batman.

Volume 1 (Hush Money) wasn't a super compelling follow-up to Heart of Hush, but it's a fun scenario for Tommy Elliot's unique ability to take advantage of his Wayne disguise. Decent, nothing amazing. I did appreciate The Broker and his influence in Gotham, which also ties into the main plot in Vol 2.

Volume 2 (Leviathan) is a bit more scattered narratively as there are a lot more just smaller stories, but that vaguely tie into the larger narrative with Victor Zsasz. Acouple issues with Huntress, acouple less-than-cool issues with Dick going undercover to investigate a series of murders. But the core story with Zsasz, and this new character Abuse was pretty neat.

Volume 3 (House of Hush) was alright. Again, with Hush, Dini does a good job with finding fun ways to play with character gimmicks; the Carpenter, the Director, and again more playing with Tommy Elliot. This had more of a focus on Thomas and Martha Wayne's history which I was into. A decent end to the series I suppose.

However the major disappointment is that while single issues had these back-up Manhunter stories which were all apparently super cool, these weren't collected in trade format. Or rather, they were going to be, but the book was cancelled at the last second (because... whyyyy?). So if you do intend on checking this out, go for the single-issues.

Either way, Streets of Gotham, an okay collection of stories. Some cool stuff, nothing super compelling. If you like Dick Grayson as Batman and want more, there ya go.

Owzers

i don't think i want to spend $25 for a deluxe Multiversity reread, i will definitely pick it up at next years' $5 digital sale.

WEGGLES

What do you guys think of Wicked and the Divine lately? I just caught up on last few issues and I feel like they've lost me. Is it worth giving another shot, or should I just prune it from my pull list?

Hmm. The individual issues of All-Star Superman are on sale, but not the collected version.
Yea I thought that was odd. Just wait. All star superman is one of the more frequent DC collections that goes on sale. It'll come around again

Birdie. I bought kid eternity. Did I do good? I seem to recall you liking that one

What do you guys think of Wicked and the Divine lately? I just caught up on last few issues and I feel like they've lost me. Is it worth giving another shot, or should I just prune it from my pull list?

The first arc was solid, but then I gradually started to lose interest. Though it has been picking up again as of late. That's not to say it doesn't have a few serious issues.

Tizoc

It's only $2.49 more Amazon, and on IST you'll have to add $4 unless you spend $50 or more. Of course, IST will pack it better, but that ends up being cheaper on Amazon unless you buy some more stuff on IST.

I'm just mad at IST. Ordered something over a week ago and they have had it under "shipped" for almost a week now and FedEx never got the package. Turns out, from the email I got back from IST this morning, they accidentally gave it to USPS instead of FedEx so they aren't sure whether I'll get it or not. I have to wait until Friday and if I don't have it by then they'll send it to me again. Ugh.

Luckily I always manage to find enough books to get my order @ $50ish :3

Binks was actually really good in the Clone Wars cartoon, they really fleshed out the character and made him a lot better than the movies.

Batman and Son
JLA (vol 1-4)
Flex Mentallo
Final Crisis
Doom Patrol (vol 1-6)
Batman & Robin (vol 1-3)
Batman RIP

You forgot Seaguy. :(

Just read JL#45...good issue but Manapaul and Buccelato are on art duties. I think Fabook took a month off because the rest of Darkseid War is extra sized and I think the final issue is a double sizer etc...anyhoo...they make for a great Kirby-inspired art team.

I watched Jurassic World tonight, and I don't know what you guys are talking about. I liked it.

Also, Bryce Dallas Howard is a hottie. Especially when she's all covered in lady sweat.

Top Bottom