• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Justice League #45 is basically a groundwork issue. Setting up things to come... and it is going to be GLORIOUS. Various Leaguers are finally named as Gods of various things; Batman is the god of knowledge, which is no surprise, but I'll refrain from laying out the others. One in particular is revealed towards the end and promises to be very frightening/exciting. Some of it's a little abrupt, but again, it's a setup issue.

And the things it's setting up promise to be incredible.

Oh, and the art is of course fantastic. If only Manapul would stop trying to write things.

Star Wars Shattered Empire #4. What the fuck was that?

Seriously these
trees
are as lame as the
Ysalamiri
were in the old EU. Ugh.

I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the movie's storyline, but it's worrying especially due to
Poe's parents
being involved.

What do you guys think?

Messi

Is Manapul drawing anything these days?

He is working on his creator owned book. Hasn't started yet tho. Hyped.

4784974-tumblr_nu5ukwmjww1qmnz88o1_1280.jpg

Squire

Banned
Okay, what comic is
the Iron Man/Doom Vs King Arthur stuff in? If Bendis is going to keep referencing that, I figure I may as well read it. If it's a real comic. I know Tony relays what happened in Civil War: The Confession, but I'm assuming this really did happen in an older comic. Did it?

Hagi

Okay, what comic is
the Iron Man/Doom Vs King Arthur stuff in? If Bendis is going to keep referencing that, I figure I may as well read it. If it's a real comic. I know Tony relays what happened in Civil War: The Confession, but I'm assuming this really did happen in an older comic. Did it?

Two part story called Doomquest covering issues 149 and 150 of Iron Man. It's totally a real thing that is worth reading.

Messi

Midnighter always looked like a heftier guy in Graysons solo title but in tims avatar he seems to be skinny. Have DC taken away one for the heftier gentleman like myself to aspire to? :(

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My issue 6 of Secret Wars arrived and it was fucking great again.
I just have the feeling, that there wont be a big final in this book, that it will end on a smaller note.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Star Wars Shattered Empire #4. What the fuck was that?

Seriously these
trees
are as lame as the
Ysalamiri
were in the old EU. Ugh.

I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the movie's storyline, but it's worrying especially due to
Poe's parents
being involved.

What do you guys think?

I didn't hate
the trees. I was confused about where they planted that one at the end though. Was that the one that Luke wanted to keep or the other one?

And I would think that
it doesn't so much have to do with the overarching story line of the movie as it is setting up Poe's backstory
. But it's like the prequel comics to the Marvel movies. It's only canon until something more important contradicts it.

Midnighter always looked like a heftier guy in Graysons so;o title but in tims avatar he seems to be skinny. Have DC taken away one for the heftier gentleman like myself to aspire to? :(

The only Midnighter series I've read is The Authority. And considering he was always standing next to Apollo, I really didn't consider him to be one of the taller characters.

Then I found out he is 6' 5".

It was announced back at SDCC:

http://www.newsarama.com/25185-aquaman-earth-one-by-francis-manapul.html

He's posted some art for it on his Twitter and Instagram feeds

Oh, wow. That's really-

Francis Manapul will be writing and illustrating Aquaman: Earth One, with both titles to be released in 2016.

siiiiiiigh

Midnighter always looked like a heftier guy in Graysons solo title but in tims avatar he seems to be skinny. Have DC taken away one for the heftier gentleman like myself to aspire to? :(

This is comics. Heftiness...

The only Midnighter series I've read is The Authority. And considering he was always standing next to Apollo, I really didn't consider him to be one of the taller characters.

Then I found out he is 6' 5".

...and height, are very much relative.

Squire

Banned
Two part story called Doomquest covering issues 149 and 150 of Iron Man. It's totally a real thing that is worth reading.

Fucking great story

Awesome. Added the issues to my library on MU.

My issue 6 of Secret Wars arrived and it was fucking great again.
I just have the feeling, that there wont be a big final in this book, that it will end on a smaller note.

Invincible Iron Man has already indicated its going to be an interesting ending, I think. I mean that in a good way.

IM #2 was great.

Sadist

I should read that Iron Man story.

I enjoyed both Iron Man #2 and Amazing Spider-Man #2. Especially the latter.
Wait, are you seeing this? Spider-Man and some guy are here!

Btw, Tony's new A.I. is sassy.

Close to finishing the FF portion of Simonson FF's first Epic. There seems to be a lot of extra material collected from annuals - part of some 'Days of Future Present' event. Is that something I should read in it's entirety to understand?

Dalek

Justice League continues to be my favorite book month after month-so great. I wish the rest of DC's books were this good right now.

Uh, list?

Dropping Invader Zim.
Tempted, maybe, probably getting Clean Room #1
Tempted to try Karnak. Preview looked interesting.

Blown away by how atrocious the art is in Ant Man #1. Dude just had a hit movie. I'd think Marvel would invest in his series.

Messi

Uh, list?

Dropping Invader Zim.
Tempted, maybe, probably getting Clean Room #1
Tempted to try Karnak. Preview looked interesting.

Blown away by how atrocious the art is in Ant Man #1. Dude just had a hit movie. I'd think Marvel would invest in his series.

I like the art in Ant Man :(. I think it fits with the story.

You should get Clean Room.

Generally we post lists on Sunday wherever we actually do which we have been terrible at for a while.

Generally we post lists on Sunday wherever we actually do which we have been terrible at for a while.

They've been getting earlier all the time. Somebody posted their list for this week last Saturday and a bunch of us followed suit. At this rate, we'll be posting next week's list on Wednesdays, thereby eliminating the need to read comics and living purely on hype. It's anarchy, I tells ya.

Top Bottom