• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Zombine

Banned
CARNAGE RULES MOTHERFUCKAS!

Carnage really does. No respect at all. That video game tho...so good.

Only 90s gamers know what this is

hqdefault.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
LISTEN ALL YOU FOOLS!
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT CARNAGE RULES!?
TOLD YOU ONCE I WON'T TELL YOU TWICE
HEED MY WORDS AND PAY MY PRICE!

I didn't like Separation Anxiety though.

Hagi

Anyone with an Xbox should know what Banjo Kazooie is

Only Carnage that rules is Axis Carnage and even that's pushing it

Owzers

I liked Age of Ultron, it seemed a little restrained at times and the shipping failed for me, but it was enjoyable overall and wasn't as obnoxious as the first movie. I also like James Spader's voice but don't want to watch more of The Blacklist, so that's a plus.

Also, weekend comics-gaf was a mistake.

I'd settle the marvel movie rankings at:

Iron Man
Winter Soldier
Age of Ultron

the rest of the movies i don't care about.

Most of the time, yes. But it depends on what you order. If you order a bunch of giant library editions, you're getting a huge box full of packing peanuts.

Which, while generally effective, are a massive pain in the ass to deal with if you don't have use for a billions packing peanuts. I suppose that's the one place where Amazon's lack of padding helps: It's way easier to dispose of the packaging afterward. Granted, there's a decent chance you'll need to dispose of whatever you had shipped too, but you can't have everything.

I liked Age of Ultron, it seemed a little restrained at times and the shipping failed for me, but it was enjoyable overall and wasn't as obnoxious as the first movie. I also like James Spader's voice but don't want to watch more of The Blacklist, so that's a plus.
Couldnt deal with Ultron emoting all the time. And his lips. Dear god.

Also pietro and sis telling the mechanical monstrosity their life's story within 2 minutes of meeting it, all while it stares in silence.

Owzers

Couldnt deal with Ultron emoting all the time. And his lips. Dear god.

Also pietro and sis telling the mechanical monstrosity their life's story within 2 minutes of meeting it, all while it stares in silence.

I would have preferred overly menacing Ultron over goofy quipping Ultron but it didn't bother me. Pietro and Wanda's story is not something you could read in a file!

Boogiepop

Well, FedEx sucks, but IST counteracts that suckage. My package arrived earlier today and the dude didn't knock or ring the doorbell, dogs didn't even notice so he must've like stealthed up to the door. And so it sat out in the rain poorly covered for an hour for no reason. Thankfully, again, it was IST, so nothing was damaged at all. But yeah, not cool.

Well, FedEx sucks, but IST counteracts that suckage. My package arrived earlier today and the dude didn't knock or ring the doorbell, dogs didn't even notice so he must've like stealthed up to the door. And so it sat out in the rain poorly covered for an hour for no reason. Thankfully, again, it was IST, so nothing was damaged at all. But yeah, not cool.

You must have a shitty postman. Mine always leaves my packages in a plastic bag on my doorstep if it looks like it's going to rain. Of course, it would also have been nice if the USPS didn't ship my Metal Gear Solid V soundtracks to California.

Japan > NY > NJ > CA

How does that happen!? They were so close. :(

Guys, tell me about going digital. Collecting floppies is just getting too expensive. I'm gonna switch full on to digital and TPB, save for a few titles (American Vampire, Sex Criminals, Southern Bastards, James Bond, stuff like that). Will going digital save me money?

Owzers

Guys, tell me about going digital. Collecting floppies is just getting too expensive. I'm gonna switch full on to digital and TPB, save for a few titles (American Vampire, Sex Criminals, Southern Bastards, James Bond, stuff like that). Will going digital save me money?

only if you stick to sales and don't buy flops on a discount. I use dcbs for around 10 monthlies, trades, and digital sales along with the occasional MU subscription to fill in the marvel gaps. Digital pricing is fairly bad, DC books drop $1 after two months, Marvel doesn't drop at all i think, those $4.99 issues with no discount...

frye

It depends on how your store converts the currency. If it's more than the current exchange rate switching would probably save you money.

I think things are a bit cheaper for me at my physical store right now so that's mostly what I'm doing

Boogiepop

You must have a shitty postman. Mine always leaves my packages in a plastic bag on my doorstep if it looks like it's going to rain. Of course, it would also have been nice if the USPS didn't ship my Metal Gear Solid V soundtracks to California.

Japan > NY > NJ > CA

How does that happen!? They were so close. :(

There was in theory a bag over it, it was just poorly secured so the box still got soaked.

USPS guy came later in the day and at least knocked so that wasn't a problem. Also slightly weird that they were both IST packages for orders placed and shipped at the same time (the ol' "place a $50 order first if you're going over $100 and don't already have the 2%" deal), and yet IST used two separate shipping services.

Not if you want to stay current. DC lowers its prices on issues once they've been out for 3 months. Marvel has that Marvel Unlimited deal where you can read selected runs (or sections of runs) that are many months/years old.

You'd save on long boxes, I guess? :/

Yes, it will in the long-run. Single issues reduced after a few months and constant sales, plus Marvel Unlimited and Scribd subscriptions. I never collected floppies, but I've even stopped collecting 90% of TPBs and only really focus on OHCs and other oversized formats when I buy physical.

Oh, the caveat here is that you'd probably want to stay less current on some series if you go digital. Like, at least you can say "I'll sale-wait that" or wait till you have nothing else to read, and it's not like it's going anywhere.

Top Bottom