• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

only if you stick to sales and don't buy flops on a discount. I use dcbs for around 10 monthlies, trades, and digital sales along with the occasional MU subscription to fill in the marvel gaps. Digital pricing is fairly bad, DC books drop $1 after two months, Marvel doesn't drop at all i think, those $4.99 issues with no discount...

It depends on how your store converts the currency. If it's more than the current exchange rate switching would probably save you money.

I think things are a bit cheaper for me at my physical store right now so that's mostly what I'm doing

Not if you want to stay current. DC lowers its prices on issues once they've been out for 3 months. Marvel has that Marvel Unlimited deal where you can read selected runs (or sections of runs) that are many months/years old.

You'd save on long boxes, I guess? :/

TPBs it is then, haha

VanWinkle

Well, FedEx sucks, but IST counteracts that suckage. My package arrived earlier today and the dude didn't knock or ring the doorbell, dogs didn't even notice so he must've like stealthed up to the door. And so it sat out in the rain poorly covered for an hour for no reason. Thankfully, again, it was IST, so nothing was damaged at all. But yeah, not cool.

That's weird. Fedex delivered my Planetary Omnibus and copy of Superman Birthright a few days ago, and it was raining outside. They covered up the box with a plastic bag, laid it on one of the chairs on the deck, and covered it with a cake safe cover that my wife had left out on the deck, lol. I was like, "holy crap, fedex is amazing." I never get stuff from them, and UPS never puts that kind of thought into the stuff I get.

JSC getting in on the DK3 action.

4VXBHJH.jpg

Yes, it will in the long-run. Single issues reduced after a few months and constant sales, plus Marvel Unlimited and Scribd subscriptions. I never collected floppies, but I've even stopped collecting 90% of TPBs and only really focus on OHCs and other oversized formats when I buy physical.

Oh, the caveat here is that you'd probably want to stay less current on some series if you go digital. Like, at least you can say "I'll sale-wait that" or wait till you have nothing else to read, and it's not like it's going anywhere.

Hm, I don't mind being a bit behind...

It comes down to prioritizing what series you absolutely have to read on release date and stuff you can wait on, which I'm sure you do already, but with MU and good sales you'll save a lot by just waiting a few months.

Also, someone can correct me, but I think Image titles (which are a chunk of what you've got on your list) are .50 cheaper digital and they drop $1 after about a month.

VanWinkle

I only do trade paperbacks/hardcovers and some occasional digital singles when they're on sale. Or sometimes Comixology has digital sales of graphic novels like they did on Batman Day. I ended up buying nine awesome bat-family volumes at $3.99 each. Times like those I am glad I have a good tablet to read digital comics on.

But, yeah, I don't mind being behind with the series I read at all because there's always SO much other stuff to read.

I don't have much Marvel except some older things, because they tend to be a little on the expensive side for me, but I AM going to subscribe to Marvel Unlimited soon so I don't have to worry about missing out on great Marvel stuff.

Also, someone can correct me, but I think Image titles (which are a chunk of what you've got on your list) are .50 cheaper digital and they drop $1 after about a month.

That sounds pretty awesome. I think that's how it should be, personally.

That sounds pretty awesome. I think that's how it should be, personally.

The funny thing about the monthly reduced prices is that it ends up with me picking something up I wouldn't have at full price, loving it, then picking up the rest and staying current.

And I don't even have to leave my house. So, yeah, digital is my everything.

Owzers

I haven't seen Jurassic World yet, and i really want to, but putting the raptor motorcycle gang ride on the front of the cover has to be their way of saying " if you buy this and don't like it it can't be a surprise."

I haven't seen Jurassic World yet, and i really want to, but putting the raptor motorcycle gang ride on the front of the cover has to be their way of saying " if you buy this and don't like it it can't be a surprise."

I haven't seen it either. I'll probably watch it when the BD comes out.

VanWinkle

I liked Jurassic World. It wasn't mastery or anything, but it was fun, exciting, and I just enjoyed going back to that place.

Owzers

I haven't seen it either. I'll probably watch it when the BD comes out.

it comes out on the 20th of this month.

I get gymnastic-kicking a raptor out of a window flashbacks when i see the raptor ride.

I actually read a book just to see if The Lost World was as awful as the movie but nope, loved the book. Remember almost nothing about it outside of liking it though, so i guess being awful is memorable.

it comes out on the 20th of this month.

I get gymnastic-kicking a raptor out of a window flashbacks when i see the raptor ride.

I actually read a book just to see if The Lost World was as awful as the movie but nope, loved the book. Remember almost nothing about it outside of liking it though, so i guess being awful is memorable.

lost world is certainly a lot better than jurassic world imo

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Carnage needs a new host and maybe that way he can get a redesign a la the first form of Flash Thompson Venom.
latest
I dont know, since the Carnage Symbiote consists out of Cassadys blood I dont think that would make that much sense...

Am I wrong, or has the Carnage symbiote not a own personality like Venom? I cant remember that he ever spoke and did stuff.

PsychBat!

Banned
Let go of that hate for Jurassic World and realize that Lost World is really fucking dumb and breathe. Inhale and exhale.

Now on to that sweet Shalvey Spidey 2099 variant.

Spider-Man-2099-2-Shalvey-Variant-707c5.jpg

Hagi

True. World is dumb fuck shit. I hate this movie with every vain.
Only preordered it because the Steelbook looks great :/

man the steelbook thirst is real if people are buying movies they hate for them

I dunno I kinda like it. We're just used to the 90s costume is all.

I think it looks pretty cool, suitably futuristic. I need to read the last book the only thing I've read him in is Spider-verse.

So after doing the math I decided Lego Dimensions was a little too much for my cost and went with Disney Infinity 3.0. I...............think I made a mistake. I don't know if I like the way this game is structured. Quorra looks nice.

tim1138

What I meant was a less 90s design, somewhat like this.
latest

5155fe7bd7135.jpg

The reason Carnage looks all messy with the red and black was to reflect the madness of Kasady, when the symbiotes bond with their hosts the appearance is based on the personality of the host. Carnage's original design was going to be those thick black lines and then alternating through all the colors to show how insane and chaotic and edgy Kasady was. Mark Bagley stepped in and suggested the red/black scheme saying that the original idea would take forever to color every month and would be a general pain in the ass for the art team.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I am riding that fucking Batman day train straight to hell, laddies. I just finished Gotham by Gaslight and have been put so much in the mood for Jack the Ripper shit, in conjunction with my love of Allan Moore due in part to A Killing Joke, I've gone ahead and bought From Hell.

It seems a match made in heaven. I've always been fascinated by the Ripper murders, and through Providence, Neonomicon, and A Killing Joke, I've grown quite fond of Moore's work. I saw the movie many years ago and recall I didn't care for it, but that was a lifetime ago and It may have just been a shitty movie.

From Hell is a particularly tough read. Can't quite say that it's similar to any of the other Moore works i've read over the years.

Can't say i've very much enjoyed it either. Hope you like it.

Zombine

Banned
From Hell is a particularly tough read. Can't quite say that it's similar to any of the other Moore works i've read over the years.

Can't say i've very much enjoyed it either. Hope you like it.

It definitely is hard to digest. Art is killer though. Movie is whatever.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm sure it's going to be quite the endeavor. That said, I just cracked it open and saw the lovely dedication and found it quite touching. I like Moore's style so far.

Messi

So after doing the math I decided Lego Dimensions was a little too much for my cost and went with Disney Infinity 3.0. I...............think I made a mistake. I don't know if I like the way this game is structured. Quorra looks nice.

Always and forever.

Two new Sunstone strips are up for up to date folks. Feels.

Always and forever.

Two new Sunstone strips are up for up to date folks. Feels.
She'll probably be the only Disney figure I'll have cuz I'm more invested in Star Wars. It sucks you can't use her for anything Star Wars related.

My gripe is that is the toy box mode just a level creator mode? The game has no story mode other than playsets right?

Messi

What if he wasn't and was in love with nobody's kid?

I need to read some more Earth 2, Worlds Finest was great and super sad.

GrandHarrier hates lesbians. This is fact.

She'll probably be the only Disney figure I'll have cuz I'm more invested in Star Wars. It sucks you can't use her gor anything Star Wars related.

My gripe is that is the toy box mode just a level creator mode? The game has no story mode other than playsets right?

Yup. Disappointing.

It was in 2.0 anyway.

Top Bottom