• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Mexico is trying to attack Texas with a hurricane today, all the more reason we should build a wall.

I'm going to read comic books today, maybe Bitch Planet vol 1.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp, I went a little crazy with the Morrison sale. I didn't get The Invisibles, but I got a bunch of stuff that doesn't get as much recognition. I'm pretty excited.

Awesome. You done good. :D

And to be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel about The Invisibles... I kinda stopped reading it like 10 issues into the omnibus. I know I'll finish it at some point, but it's definitely not Morrison's most gripping work. It's incredibly well done, but just so dense and tedious.
So yeah, you were all right to skip The Invisibles.

Karnak and Cap top ANAD for me right now.

Also, I'd love a story where Punisher realizes there's a bunch of cops acting just like him, with harsh results.

Awesome. You done good. :D

And to be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel about The Invisibles... I kinda stopped reading it like 10 issues into the omnibus. I know I'll finish it at some point, but it's definitely not Morrison's most gripping work. It's incredibly well done, but just so dense and tedious.
So yeah, you were all right to skip The Invisibles.

I'll probably pick it up eventually, but I dropped $100 on the Vertigo sale last week; seemed a bit much this week.

Final haul turned out being:
DC One Million
Kid Eternity
JLA vol 2-4
Vimanarama
The 2 Flash volumes
Flex Mentallo
Joe the Barbarian
We3

185mph winds. Pray for Mexico.

Yeesh. That's something serious.

So what's everyone's favorite ANAD title so far?

As much as I like Iron Man, I have to give it to Doctor Strange at the moment. I'm still very much looking forward to The Ultimates and Vision, but for now, Doc Strange has been a joy.

Bendis and Maleev Iron man interesting. I guess that's the end of scarlet too :(

Man, Scarlet has been lucky to get one issue per year. A shame, because I loved that series. That said, I'll buy anything that Bendis and Maleev work on together. Though they usually end up doing books about street-level heroes. I''m interested in seeing whether Maleev's gritty art style works with a super-rich guy.

Kipp

I think I'm gonna start Kabuki. I just read the intros by both Mack and Bendis and now I'm hyped.

For some reason I also want to reread either DKR or Ronin. I'm kind of craving something dystopian.

Bendis and Maleev Iron man interesting. I guess that's the end of scarlet too :(

Scarlet is one of my favorite things I've read. Can't really say why (besides Maleev's absolutely stunning art), but it just really did it for me. I really, really hope they finish the story at some point.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, how is Halo?

And man, I hate how everyone loves ASM while my shitty retailer forgot to put it in my bag.
Just 6 Weeks until my next delivery arrives!

Hm. I got my DC Bombshells Catwoman today. It looks like they still haven't shipped that 12" Batgirl statue. It's showing a 10/28 release date, now. But I checked my other orders, and it looks like they actually have my Bombshell Batwoman statue.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I played some multi on MCC last night and that shit has not aged well at all.

Truly terrible.

I mean 5, in my german board like everyone is playing it already (At least the people who can start it, there seems to be a big glitch with a DLC that cant be verficated and one guy is installing it since 11 am *g*)

Kipp

oh guys
i forgot

that spread in tokyo ghost
the green one

openly wept when i hit it

Can you just start a Youtube page with videos of you reading comics? I'd imagine it'd draw parallels to those stereotypical black churches with the clapping, yelling, and weeping.

Squire

Banned
Marvel announces a bunch of books i'll be waiting to read on MU if at all.

I like that IIM cover but i am still resisting Bendis monthlies, i find them somewhat enjoyable on MU outside of the original sin UXM tie-ins i'm reading which are awful, but i always regret buying Bendis monthly sooner or later.

The OS tie-ins are hands down the best issues in the run.

I mean 5, in my german board like everyone is playing it already (At least the people who can start it, there seems to be a big glitch with a DLC that cant be verficated and one guy is installing it since 11 am *g*)

That's not a glitch :p

You have to be whitelisted to play online atm. If they go offline, they can play the campaign, but they'll have to wait with the rest of us plebs for multi access.

And it looks gooooooood.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's not a glitch :p

You have to be whitelisted to play online atm. If they go offline, they can play the campaign, but they'll have to wait with the rest of us plebs for multi access.

And it looks gooooooood.

Based Microsoft.

Man, seriously, why are those stranges things always on Xbox One.

Hows the story? Is the Master Chief kicking Elites asses?

Based Microsoft.

Man, seriously, why are those stranges things always on Xbox One.

Hows the story? Is the Master Chief kicking Elites asses?

Story is apparently solid. Not many confirmed leaks regarding it as of yet, shockingly.

I've been avoiding spoilers though, so there might be something I missed.

I need to catch up on the following Marvel titles:

Punisher (finished Edmondson's run, thoroughly meh)
Black Widow (need to finish Edmondson's run, and there's a new one starting?)
Ant-Man
Moon Knight (Lemire's on this now?)
Spider Woman
Daredevil (It's over?)
Ms Marvel

Anything else being published I should check out?

I need to catch up on the following Marvel titles:

Punisher (finished Edmondson's run, thoroughly meh)
Black Widow (need to finish Edmondson's run, and there's a new one starting?)
Ant-Man
Moon Knight (Lemire's on this now?)
Spider Woman
Daredevil (It's over?)
Ms Marvel

Anything else being published I should check out?
Have you read Squirrel Girl? You should read Squirrel Girl.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
It's ongoing and they are still working on it.

Good to know. Thanks. Wasn't sure since the last one came out in may. I'll keep in on my CMX wishlist. I'll get to it eventually. Still catching up on Manifest Destiny and Rasputin at the moment.

Kipp

Hot damn... Decided to finally re-read Miller's DKR since I've been meaning to do that pretty much ever since I read it for the first time a couple years ago. I immediately remember why this is one of my favorite comics ever. Just brilliant in every way.

Top Bottom