• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Who can say dumb shit the most in a matter of days?!!?

The latest Quinnipiac poll shows Carson winning big with two key groups: women back Carson over Trump 33%-13% and white evangelicals support him 36% to Trump's 17%.

In response to the poll, Trump retweeted a tweet about Iowa voters: "#BenCarson is now leading in the #polls in #Iowa. Too much #Monsanto in the #corn creates issues in the brain?"

hmmmmmm

PsychBat!

Banned
No Olivia Wilde threads though because no one is that silly.

tumblr_niodwgKp1u1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Bii

I cant get over how perfect he gets Vaders Voice. Fuck man. And 0-0-0 sounds really like a twisted C-3PO.

Aside from Vader, I really love Triple Zero and BT-1. If I could get an ongoing on some SW side characters, it would be those two.

Read Justice League #45. So everyone becomes overpowered because of the death of a certain individual. Huh. I'm still on board but everything was just so sudden. Reminds me of when I was reading Fear Itself and hammers were dropping out of the sky...

Finished pre-New 52 Batman Inc. and it was amazing. I'm loving this.

The art in the Internet 3.0 issue was just UGH though. It looked like shit.

Aside from Vader, I really love Triple Zero and BT-1. If I could get an ongoing on some SW side characters, it would be those two.

Read Justice League #45. So everyone becomes overpowered because of the death of a certain individual. Huh. I'm still on board but everything was just so sudden. Reminds me of when I was reading Fear Itself and hammers were dropping out of the sky...

It was pretty sudden for some of 'em, yeah. Not Fear Itself bad, I'd argue, since some of 'em did get some groundwork, but
Shazam
was super abrupt. Ditto
Luthor
, though I am very interested in seeing where that one goes.

VanWinkle

Okay, Morrison's JLA is AMAZING. I'm only like 40 pages (edit: now 70 pages) into the first volume but I'm LOVING it.

I HAVE to buy the other three volumes now. No other choice.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm loving that a lot more people are getting into Morrison's Batman stuff. One of my favorites. So great.

Squire

Banned
I started Seven Soldiers this morning. I'm only three issues in, but it's totally fantastic. Like, "How is Morrison this good?" fantastic.

Wish he was coming out with new stuff. ;_;

I'm loving that a lot more people are getting into Morrison's Batman stuff. One of my favorites. So great.
Batman and Robin has been one of my favorites for years. I never got around to Batman Inc for some reason so I had to get it while it was so cheap. I was literally just talking about how I wanted the Absolute edition the other day too! I still want to get it but now I can wait a little bit at least.
I started Seven Soldiers this morning. I'm only three issues in, but it's totally fantastic. Like, "How is Morrison this good?" fantastic.

Wish he was coming out with new stuff. ;_;
Morrison is my favorite writer. When he nails something, he nails it. Doom Patrol, his Batman stuff (especially Batman and Robin and Batman Inc.), All-Star Superman, and We3 are all just fantastic books. I love his passion for superheroes.

SO excited for his Wonder Woman book whenever it does drop. I'm also excited to read through Nameless once the last issue comes out.

Afrodium

Banned
Batman Inc. is the end of a pretty fucking big story that's been building over years. If you haven't, there's definitely going to be some stuff that feels lost.

I stopped readin Morrison's run after Batman & Robin/The Return of Bruce Wayne. Did I fuck up? It felt like Morrison's grand tale for the run had completed and I was pretty exhausted by that point. I read the first issue of Batman Inc and wasn't feeling it so I just moved on.

Kipp

Batman and Robin has been one of my favorites for years. I never got around to Batman Inc for some reason so I had to get it while it was so cheap. I was literally just talking about how I wanted the Absolute edition the other day too! I still want to get it but now I can wait a little bit at least.

Batman Inc is my favorite part of Morrison's run, so I'm glad you got around to reading it!
Batman & Robin is fantastic too though. I'm rereading it via the Absolute Edition at the moment.

Batman Inc is my favorite part of Morrison's run, so I'm glad you got around to reading it!
Batman & Robin is fantastic too though. I'm rereading it via the Absolute Edition at the moment.

What I really enjoyed about Batman and Robin was the relationship between Dick and Damian. I liked seeing Dick just trying to fill Bruce's shoes a lot. It felt incredibly satisfying to me.

I'm not done with Batman Inc. but it could definitely overtake Batman and Robin. It's like everything great about Batman in one series. The line-up of artists that worked on it, outside of THAT issue, is amazing too. I can't imagine being a Batman fan and not loving it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hey guys remember when Citizen V was in those ANAD banners?

Guys? Citizen V? Anyone? Marvel?

All-New-All-Different-Marvel-branding-2.jpg

Kipp

What I really enjoyed about Batman and Robin was the relationship between Dick and Damian. I liked seeing Dick just trying to fill Bruce's shoes a lot. It felt incredibly satisfying to me.

I'm not done with Batman Inc. but it could definitely overtake Batman and Robin. It's like everything great about Batman in one series. The line-up of artists that worked on it, outside of THAT issue, is amazing too. I can't imagine being a Batman fan and not loving it.

Agreed on all of the above.
However, probably the #1 reason Batman Inc sits above the rest of the run for me is because Chris Burnham draws all of Vol 2 of Batman Inc. And it is incredible.
Also, I love all the Batmen from around the world.

Kipp, I went a little crazy with the Morrison sale. I didn't get The Invisibles, but I got a bunch of stuff that doesn't get as much recognition. I'm pretty excited.

Tizoc

I've been a fan of Morrison's Batman run since I started posting in ComicGAF if not for the longest time. If anything I started with Batman and Robin (when it first started publishing) then worked my way back from there.
Actually I don't think I remember WHEN I started reading and liking Morrison's Batman but B&R was my earliest memory :)

Squire

Banned
You guys made me double back to get Batman RIP. I'd love go all in on Batman & Robin and JLA, but I gotta save some cash.

No problem

Yeah, you need to read the whole thing:

Batman and Son
Batman RIP
Batman and Robin volume 1
Batman and Robin volume 2
Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman and Robin volume 3
Batman Incorporated volume 1
Batman Incorporated The Demon Star
Batman Incorporated Gotham's Most Wanted

You're missing a few. After Batman and Son you need to read Batman: The Black Glove for the intros to Jezebel and Thomas Hurt, as well as the beginnings of what will pay of in Inc. Post RIP, you might also want to read Final Crisis, because well what happens there is HUGELY important to the rest of Batman's arc.

I'll add myself to those saying that you need to read the whole thing. I remember reading RIP when it came out for example and hating it because it was so confusing. When I read Batman and Son and Black Glove though, the whole thing made sense.

You're missing a few. After Batman and Son you need to read Batman: The Black Glove for the intros to Jezebel and Thomas Hurt, as well as the beginnings of what will pay of in Inc. Post RIP, you might also want to read Final Crisis, because well what happens there is HUGELY important to the rest of Batman's arc.

I'll add myself to those saying that you need to read the whole thing. I remember reading RIP when it came out for example and hating it because it was so confusing. When I read Batman and Son and Black Glove though, the whole thing made sense.

Black Glove is included in the new Batman and Son release, so it's covered.

Top Bottom