• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Read issue #4 of Black Science, no regrets buying it but it's not ranking up there with my other Image favorites, more Marvel-tier.

Hagi

I love when people post transformers pages in here. I read the first issue of.. whichever people say is better between RID or MTMTE. It was fun and funny. I was surprised how much I loved it given that I never really cared about transformers.

I just started reading MTME and was surprised how much I took to it instantly as I've never really been into Transformers. It's just really funny and charming. Big cast of characters whose interactions are just great.

Deadly Class volume 3 is out this week? shit guess I have an excuse to finally read volume 2.

This Thread needs more Laugenbrezeln.

I only eat pretzels when I'm drunk and I drink like twice a year.

Busaiku

I've always wondered why most toy merchandise of comics and western media in general are action figures, rather than scales/statues (whatever you'd call them).
I can understand with a lot of stuff, like Marvel/DC stuff, since they're mostly aimed at kids, but why stuff like The Walking Dead.

Owzers

I've always wondered why most toy merchandise of comics and western media in general are action figures, rather than scales/statues (whatever you'd call them).
I can understand with a lot of stuff, like Marvel/DC stuff, since they're mostly aimed at kids, but why stuff like The Walking Dead.

I presume price and novelty? *thinks about buying the zatanna bats figure*

Messi

Walking dead has some crazy good EXPENSIVE statues

michonne012.jpg

04_RICK_GRIMES_STATUE.jpg

Prototype for the next one

I would do bad things to own that Michonne statue. Zombeen owns the Rick one and is buying the new one.

The Rick one always looks like a seriously bad idea to me. Getting a zombie in a headlock where it's teeth are like centimeters away from your arm.

Hagi

The Rick one always looks like a seriously bad idea to me. Getting a zombie in a headlock where it's teeth are like centimeters away from your arm.

Rule of cool.

I need to get back into the comic at some point I left off after the prison I think and the phantom phone calls. Watching the show kinda put me off for a while before laziness took hold.

Messi

Rule of cool.

I need to get back into the comic at some point I left off after the prison I think and the phantom phone calls. Watching the show kinda put me off for a while before laziness took hold.

I got a bit further but mostly the same situation. But I was totally enjoying it. It burns you out if you read too much though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just imagine what would happen if you have a open wound on your arm and blood from the Zombie would floss into it... Oh oh oh

Why do I have an $850 cart for instock trades currently :/

Also, does anyone remember if there's any omnibuses becauses statix with Doop? I thought there was another one I was looking at last year but my memory is terrible.

It was this awful Red Skull and Vampires arc, right?
But the Ultimate Comics Ultimates Vs. Ultimate Avengers books ties directly in Death of Spider-Man, which makes it kinda essential for me as a completist...

Meh, you are right. No buy.
Yeah god I hate read those hoping Millar would turn it around but nope.

I can't believe they forced USM into that shitfest.

Hagi

I got a bit further but mostly the same situation. But I was totally enjoying it. It burns you out if you read too much though.

Yeah I liked it enough just going through an inferior retelling of the events bummed me out and I forgot to pick it back up again. I should write a list of the books I've inadvertently dropped and need to get back on. It'll be filled with Image books.

Nick Frost made the same mistake in Shaun of the Dead.

Yeah but now he gets to spend the rest of his days playing PS1 games in a shed. That's a win for some people.

Messi

I had a friend who read the first two compendiums in 3-4 days on holidays a few years back. He paid retail price for them btw lol. He finished it and I was like....I have no idea how you sat there and read all of that. He was like "when is book 3".

106238-Maggie-smiling-gif-Walking-Dea-UmLk.gif

I had a friend who read the first two compendiums in 3-4 days on holidays a few years back. He paid retail price for them btw lol. He finished it and I was like....I have no idea how you sat there and read all of that. He was like "when is book 3".

106238-Maggie-smiling-gif-Walking-Dea-UmLk.gif

Haha, that gif is so appropriate.

Compendium 3 is out officially October 7th. But Barnes & Noble already got theirs in (with an exclusive cover). I don't believe they're street-dated, so have at.

Hagi

Maggie is the only reason I kept up with the series but I couldn't last the full mile. I heard the last season is pretty good though.

That Michonne statute is amazing.

I have read up to the end of the war. Trade 21 or 22, I think. Need to get the rest. It's certainly a dark series. I love it and burn through the volumes but I'm careful not to add too much more darkness to my pull. I was weary of starting Kirkman's The Outcast for this reason
but I'm glad I did
. It's important to keep balance with your pull, I think. If my reading veers too much into heavy bleak Armageddon territory, I start feeling yucky. Better to mix it up.

Maggie is the only reason I kept up with the series but I couldn't last the full mile. I heard the last season is pretty good though.

It was so much better. The last season and a half or so have been head and shoulders above everything that came before.

Same here. I wasn't even paying attention for the last two seasons. But maybe I'll check out the new one if you guys think it's good again.

Comic is still 1000x better, tho.

Hagi

It was so much better. The last season and a half or so have been head and shoulders above everything that came before.

Same here. I wasn't even paying attention for the last two seasons. But maybe I'll check out the new one if you guys think it's good again.

Comic is still 1000x better, tho.

Just watch the premiere from last season and you guys will be right back on board.

Hmm I'll catch it on Netflix then, I think it just came out on dvd here so it might be up already in fact. I saw the trailer for the Outcast and that seems really interesting.

Zombine

Banned
I'm probably going to get the Negan statue as well.

It's only money!

The Michonne one isn't from McFarlane like the other two, is it?

It is. The base is way shittier than Ricks though. They seem to have completely streamlined what they'll look like each year. I expect the 2016-2017 one to be Alpha or Carl.

Ya'll are missing quality TV with season 5.

Owzers

I think it's gotten a lot better, but i really didn't like the early seasons. Now it's just not Heroes-bad and mostly enjoyable if not a little dumb.

It is. The base is way shittier than Ricks though. They seem to have completely streamlined what they'll look like each year. I expect the 2016-2017 one to be Alpha or Carl.

Ya'll are missing quality TV with season 5.

Yeah, Season 5 was really good. Especially the later episodes. Was a little disappointed in
Tyreese's death though. So glad Morgan is back - I love Lennie James.

Hagi

I think it's gotten a lot better, but i really didn't like the early seasons. Now it's just not Heroes-bad and mostly enjoyable if not a little dumb.

I can handle dumb, it's zombie fiction after all. The only season I really liked was the first, the start of the prison stuff was great but quickly fell off. They mishandled the Governor and that whole arc pretty spectacularly.

Owzers

I can handle dumb, it's zombie fiction after all. The only season I really liked was the first, the start of the prison stuff was great but quickly fell off. They mishandled the Governor and that whole arc pretty spectacularly.

Andrea.....i didn't know if i would keep watching after that season.

I don't know what the resolution with Alpha will be. She's either going to Job or go down like a badass or become good.

Tbh I think
Alexandria is fucked. Maybe Hilltop and the Kingdom too. They are going to attack her and get their asses kicked so hard

Yeah, Season 5 was really good. Especially the later episodes. Was a little disappointed in
Tyreese's death though. So glad Morgan is back - I love Lennie James.

Tyreese's death is terrible in the book. Like, really bad. One of the worst deaths in the series. At least you get more of the character on the show, though, I saw who they cast in the role and was disappointed.
That actor does not look like Tyreese to me. The character in the book looks much older.

Top Bottom