• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Owzers

Maybe you should stop buying them. Just saying.

tumblr_n8f2384Q461tcba5oo1_500.gif

i'm never leaving statue-gaf, never!

I really hate it when comic books introduce a plot point and then tell you to go read a different book in order to follow it, then move on to something else the next page, it makes the book feel like a delivery mechanism for a story instead of actually telling a story itself. Spiderverse reminds me of Blackest Night which was a lesser book if you weren't reading Green Lantern and Corps.

Events and tie-ins are like WWE PPVs. There you are, watching RAW on a Monday night and just before the event you start getting set-up matches and weird allusions and heel turns. If you pay for the PPV, it'll be just random wrestlers jobbing and Cena beating the secret boss who was The Undertaker all along.

And if you miss the event, you tune in in next Monday and you are scratching your head trying to figure out why Hornswaggle is the Intercontinental Champion.

Events and tie-ins are like WWE PPVs. There you are, watching RAW on a Monday night and just before the event you start getting set-up matches and weird allusions and heel turns. If you pay for the PPV, it'll be just random wrestlers jobbing and Cena beating the secret boss who was The Undertaker all along.

And if you miss the event, you tune in in next Monday and you are scratching your head trying to figure out why Hornswaggle is the Intercontinental Champion.

That's a pretty good analogy. Also, now that there are actual TV shows on again, I haven't watched wrasslin' in weeks.

Owzers

That's cool, too. But you really need to stop setting your standards so high. Sometimes things just don't look as good as the prototypes. Just don't order any of those "Women of Dynamite" statues yet. They have some serious QC issues.

My harley black and white statue has a paint bump on her chin ( i presume from too much paint?) that can't be seen from two feet away, but if you get closer it's quite noticeable. Is that something that should usually be tolerated or exchanged?

I cancelled the WWE Network this week and felt liberated. As much as I love NXT, I couldn't justify €13 a month for one show that I actually forget to watch sometimes. I might re-sub for NXT Takeover: London as Brooklyn was the best show of the year. A UK crowd for a Takeover should be crazy. The main product right now is irredeemable garbage. I will probably end up watching again by the time the Royal Rumble rolls around.

"It's inevitable....and I accept it."

My harley black and white statue has a paint bump on her chin ( i presume from too much paint?) that can't be seen from two feet away, but if you get closer it's quite noticeable. Is that something that should usually be tolerated or exchanged?

It's just a glob of paint? You might want to try very very VERY gently sanding it down. I don't think that's really the type of thing that warrants an exchange. Sometimes there are serious differences between prototype photos and the final product. The recent "Women of Dynamite" Vampirella statue would be a prime example. The prototype looked pretty good, and then the final product came out looking like a cheap knock-off you wouldn't pay $50 for, let alone $200. But that's some serious QC issue that they're looking into.

I should also clarify, when I say sand it down, don't just grab sandpaper. I'd head to a hobby / craft shop and find something used for models.

Messi

Show us pics. Doesn't sound bad.

Hagi

I cancelled the WWE Network this week and felt liberated. As much as I love NXT, I couldn't justify €13 a month for one show that I actually forget to watch sometimes. I might re-sub for NXT Takeover: London as Brooklyn was the best show of the year. A UK crowd for a Takeover should be crazy. The main product right now is irredeemable garbage. I will probably end up watching again by the time the Royal Rumble rolls around.

"It's inevitable....and I accept it."

You'll probably get like 50 emails offering you a free month every time they have an event. That's what's been happening to me ever since wrestlemania.

Owzers

It's going to be pretty hard to sand, so i'm leaning towards accepting it if you don't think it's exchange worthy or asking amazon for an exchange and keeping whichever one is better of the two. Chin paint bump! Also i signed up for imgur.

You'll probably get like 50 emails offering you a free month every time they have an event. That's what's been happening to me ever since wrestlemania.

I'm glad I never signed up. It was bad enough when they were shoving the $9.99 schtick into every segment on the show.

It's going to be pretty hard to sand, so i'm leaning towards accepting it if you don't think it's exchange worthy or asking amazon for an exchange and keeping whichever one is better of the two. Chin paint bump! Also i signed up for imgur.

Leave it. It looks fine. Chances are, you're the only one it's going to drive insane. If you try sanding that, it can only lead to ruin. I thought there would be something more substantial than that by the way you were talking about it.

It isn't noticeable at all for me.

This is what it will look like if you start sanding it.

ZhZzzg2.jpg

I finally un-subscribed my email from them last week so hopefully that's the end of the begging me to watch their stupid shows.

The only real solution is to change your identity. Did you give them your street address? They're going to send singing telegrams until you resubscribe.

Owzers

I'm going to watch Hell in a Cell tmw :/

edit: I mentioned this in the other wwe raw ratings thread, but the WWE reminds me of an episode of Kitchen Nightmare where the owner thinks the food is great and wants some validation despite business troubles, then Ramsey says his food is awful and he gets angry. I think they are content with how things are even if it's awful.

I like weird story shifts in things, so for tomorrow's event i'd switch the matches at the beginning of the night, Kane vs Brock, winner gets Kane's management job. Brock wins and Heyman gets to hype Raw matches for a month. Undertaker vs Rollins, Rollins loses. Then Undertaker vs Brock for the Belt, Brock wins, belt's back, Heyman gets to set up who is worthy for the next title match.

edit: I mentioned this in the other wwe raw ratings thread, but the WWE reminds me of an episode of Kitchen Nightmare where the owner thinks the food is great and wants some validation despite business troubles, then Ramsey says his food is awful and he gets angry. I think they are content with how things are even if it's awful.

This is basically it. Ratings are in the toilet, but with WWE's there always an excuse whether it's NFL, baseball, basketball, the Star Wars trailer, an episode of Dancing with the Stars (is this on Mondays? I don't know), whatever. They just throw their hands up this time every year and say "welp, it's football season" but the lows are lower every year, and every year fewer people come back. But there's no wrestling competition, so they just shrug it off. I realise ratings are down for almost everything except sports because of online stuff, but even so, it's really bad this year.

Things have been bad for awhile, but they got substantially worse once WWE's new TV deal came in and the offer was far lower than they expected. They tried to argue they were DVR-proof since Raw is live, but if we're honest nothing is more DVR-able than Raw. I cannot imagine sitting through it live, I would break something. It's far too long at three hours, and so much of it is either WWE shilling themselves or matches that don't matter because there will be a rematch on SmackDown or next week and the other person will win to even things out. Even if you don't record it, if there is a can't miss segment it will be on YouTube within hours, often uploaded by WWE themselves! They are going ahead with this craic of announcing stuff on Twitter hours before the show instead of actually advertising properly, and it is not working.

It's just so bad right now, and not even in a car crash TV way. It's completely and utterly boring. In comic terms, it's like a shitty Big Two book with characters nobody cares about that will get cancelled within six months and won't even get a TPB release. I probably won't watch Supergirl, but I hope it's a huge success to pile the pressure on Raw.

The Thanos Imperative?

Well, I'm trying to figure it out, since Black Bolt is still missing. It's part of the Inhumans reading order, since they have to go from "Black Bolt's missing and the rest of us are running Hala" to "United Inhuman clans in Attilan floating above New York" in Infinity.

Owzers

I'm noticing that MU on my iPad Air 2 is making the right side fairly warm now, never did before. Is this a thing? Cmx/browsing never does this and it cools down after closing MU

Duress

I'm noticing that MU on my iPad Air 2 is making the right side fairly warm now, never did before. Is this a thing? Cmx/browsing never does this and it cools down after closing MU

You load any other comics? Maybe it's holding all those comics loaded.

Rebooting might help

Owzers

You load any other comics? Maybe it's holding all those comics loaded.

Rebooting might help

i don't think so.....it's possible that it's the ios 9.1 update i just got this morning. I might try to downgrade the firmware back to 9.02. I presume i will not have problems with this.

MG310

I'd just go with the exchange if it's bothering you...especially with how easy it is through Amazon.

Been wanting to get back to Rachel Rising. I had only read up through the first two and a half volumes. But I've been collecting singles from 19 onward and the issues are numbered into the mid to late 30's now.

Refreshed myself by rereading the first two volumes over the last couple days. I'll pick up the 3rd later today. There's little to read, really. I love cartoonists who tell so much of their story through art and don't use narration. I like Lemire's solo stuff for this reason, too. Moore will just draw for pages and then when a serious, text-heavy conversation happens between characters, it feel like it really matters. Not that Moore is ever really text heavy. Anyway, it's an intriguing book. Trying to figure it all out.. Who is lying and who is telling the truth? Getting to know all the characters of Mason. Wondering how your favorites will play a part in the events to come.. Lewis, Earl, Dr, Sieman. Just so much love for this world.

List for next week because the boredom is slowly killing me....

Marvel:
Captain America: Sam Wilson #2
New Avengers #2
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1
What If? Infinity: Dark Reign One-Shot

DC:
Batgirl #45
Grayson #13
Justice League 3001 #5

Others:
Transformers: Redemption One-Shot (IDW, this is EIGHT EURO, as much as I love the Dinobots I may have to rethink)
Black Magick #1 (Image)

The Ultron Forever trade is this week as well, highly recommend picking that up BTW.

So I was eyeing up a Sandman Overture statue of good ol' Morpheus and...I had this random thought. I kinda want DC to do a statue of Grant Morrison in his New 52 Creator's pose...

I don't know why. Also finished Hellboy vol 1. Took me a while because i'm a slooooow reader at the moment but it was SO GOOD. Skipping over to Morrison's Seven Soldiers first though. Feels like a bit of a mindfuck from the first few pages.

Also Kirby King of Comics is cool. I'm juggling too many balls atm.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to be a dick but for some reason i feel quite deflated after learning Ethan Van Sciver, of Green Lantern Rebirth flame among others, is a Republican and Trump Supporter. I'm not even american...

Top Bottom