• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Missed this earlier, man I really love the art. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes hopefully Felicia isn't such a drag as she is in other books.

I hope not, too. I have a $280 Black Cat statue on order with Sideshow. I'd hate to be soured on her now.

So I was eyeing up a Sandman Overture statue of good ol' Morpheus and...I had this random thought. I kinda want DC to do a statue of Grant Morrison in his New 52 Creator's pose...

I don't know why. Also finished Hellboy vol 1. Took me a while because i'm a slooooow reader at the moment but it was SO GOOD. Skipping over to Morrison's Seven Soldiers first though. Feels like a bit of a mindfuck from the first few pages.

Also Kirby King of Comics is cool. I'm juggling too many balls atm.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to be a dick but for some reason i feel quite deflated after learning Ethan Van Sciver, of Green Lantern Rebirth flame among others, is a Republican and Trump Supporter. I'm not even american...
if it makes you feel any better EVS was really nice to me when i walked up to him and asked him to critique my portfolio. he really took his time and actually taught me 3 pt perspective in about 10 min.

now to make you feel worse: apparently he's a fan of 50s style McCarthy politics

Owzers

if it makes you feel any better EVS was really nice to me when i walked up to him and asked him to critique my portfolio. he really took his time and actually taught me 3 pt perspective in about 10 min.

now to make you feel worse: apparently he's a fan of 50s style McCarthy politics

I don't think being a modern republican is something you can hold against a guy.

Trump 2016.

downgraded ios firmware on my ipad since updating today, MU still making my ipad air 2 run hot on the right side, also it's sluggish now. Maybe it's the app's problem and not my ipad.

Hagi

I hope not, too. I have a $280 Black Cat statue on order with Sideshow. I'd hate to be soured on her now.

Oh cool you're in for the J. Scott Campbell piece. I'm not really a fan of him but I'd go for the MJ if I had the money. Talking statues I'd really like an Emma Frost but the only one I've seen that's nice is the ArtFx. I went to the Koto store while in Akihabara a few months ago and that whole line is really good. They had a whole bunch of the Star Wars ArtFx sitting out and I was tempted to just buy a bunch.

Zombine

Banned
So I was eyeing up a Sandman Overture statue of good ol' Morpheus and...I had this random thought. I kinda want DC to do a statue of Grant Morrison in his New 52 Creator's pose...

I don't know why. Also finished Hellboy vol 1. Took me a while because i'm a slooooow reader at the moment but it was SO GOOD. Skipping over to Morrison's Seven Soldiers first though. Feels like a bit of a mindfuck from the first few pages.

Also Kirby King of Comics is cool. I'm juggling too many balls atm.

Edit: Also, I don't mean to be a dick but for some reason i feel quite deflated after learning Ethan Van Sciver, of Green Lantern Rebirth flame among others, is a Republican and Trump Supporter. I'm not even american...

Get that statue if you can. I got mine a year ago and it's glorious. It's like one of those holy statues. I've had multiple people ask me if it was religious lol.

I hate what Slott did to the Spiderverse, got rid of MJ, turned Felicia heel, got rid of the Sinister 6, ugh.

Classic Felicia was never really a villain. Her alignment was pretty neutral, like Catwoman. Sure she takes other people's things sometimes.

Slott has ruined everything.

Get that statue if you can. I got mine a year ago and it's glorious. It's like one of those holy statues. I've had multiple people ask me if it was religious lol.

The recent Sandman one? The one that lists for like, $130? I've thought about getting it. A few shops still have it in stock. What I'd really like is some more pieces for the Vertigo Cover Girls line. Why no statues of 355 or Hero from Y?

Missed this earlier, man I really love the art. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes hopefully Felicia isn't such a drag as she is in other books.
I wish Black Cat would stop being a villain. I mostly enjoyed Superior Spider-Man but that shit was DUMB.

Hellboy only gets better too! So if you enjoyed the first volume, you'll love the rest. Conqueror Worm and the big trilogy that takes place later on are amazing.

List for this week:
The Spire
Hellboy and The BPRD 1953 (omg)
Batgirl
Grayson
Batman and Robin Eternal
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (!!)
New Avengers

Savitar

I use to post on the Comic Bloc when Geoff Johns was big there, EVS use to post a lot as well during the time GL restarted with Hal. So did his wife Sharis in fact, she was super nice and everyone adored her. Overall EVS use to be a pretty good guy and he helped mod the place, however if he had one flaw it was that he could not handle any one that spoke unwell of Republicans or their policies. He was majorly into everything they are and what they believed. It was a disappointing thing, pretty sure he left over some issues when people posted some politics stuff and he was a reason why politic threads and post were shut down quick.

What are some of the best Black Cat arcs in any Spider-Man run?

Can't think of many off the top of my head but I did enjoy the Black Cat mini-series, Amazing Spider-Man 606-607, and Amazing Spider-Man 677-Daredevil 8. She was recurring character during the whole Brand New Day and Big Time era too.

Squire

Banned
What are some of the best Black Cat arcs in any Spider-Man run?

442428-spider_man_black_cat_the_evil_that_men_do_1_00_large3.jpg

😏

Messi

Going to pop a quick cancel on that Amazon order. Thanks for the heads up everyone haha.

That's a good idea. Also use Instocktrades.com for much better prices usually and free shipping over $50. Plus they will pack your books better than Amazon.

Owzers

hmmm can anyone with an ipad air 2 and MU check to see if their right side in portrait mode heats up when reading a comic online?

Falchion

That's a good idea. Also use Instocktrades.com for much better prices usually and free shipping over $50. Plus they will pack your books better than Amazon.

Very nice, I've been ordering a lot of recommendations from this thread so I'll check there first.

Falchion

What have you ordered so far?

Well the only comic I owned before coming in here was Black Widow Volume 5. I asked for anything similar and ended up ordering Velvet 1-11 and Codename Baboushka: The Conclave of Death issue 1 based on what a few people suggested.

I've just been lurking since then and have ordered:

Saga Vol 1-5
Black Canary issues 1-5
Gotham Academy issues 1-11
All the New 52 Catwoman (I know, should've skipped Nocenti's. I'm about halfway through it right now and it's like she was always high when writing)

I'm all over the place and learning as I go but it's awesome having so much to read. Oh and I just ordered Amazing Spider-man: Black Cat, and Sunstone.

Well the only comic I owned before coming in here was Black Widow Volume 5. I asked for anything similar and ended up ordering Velvet 1-11 and Codename Baboushka: The Conclave of Death issue 1 based on what a few people suggested.

I've just been lurking since then and have ordered:

Saga Vol 1-5
Black Canary issues 1-5
Gotham Academy issues 1-11
All the New 52 Catwoman (I know, should've skipped Nocenti's. I'm about halfway through it right now and it's like she was always high when writing)

I'm all over the place and learning as I go but it's awesome having so much to read. Oh and I just ordered Amazing Spider-man: Black Cat, and Sunstone.
Nice! Hope you enjoy Gotham Academy, I really like it so far.

It's really fun trying out all sorts of different series. The great thing about comics is how varied they are. You'll definitely find writers who click with you.

Owzers

If anyone gets the Top Crow Messi Bundle they should definitely check out Midnight Nation by JMS and Gary Frank. It's a creepy horror-ish road trip apocalypse comic. There might not be any bondage though so i would understand if people skip it.

Falchion

Nice! Hope you enjoy Gotham Academy, I really like it so far.

It's really fun trying out all sorts of different series. The great thing about comics is how varied they are. You'll definitely find writers who click with you.

Yeah the Gotham Academy cover art looked really cool and everyone keeps talking about it so I figured why not. Going to start it as soon as I get caught up on Catwoman.

Welp. I made a bit of a mistake. I thought about how I'm hearing more and more about how Sideshow's QC has been slipping in recent years, and I was looking for an alternative. Apparently, there's a company outside the US called XM Studios that does some outstanding Marvel statues. Unfortunately, they only ship to about a half-dozen countries in Asia. Big Bad Toy Store carries them, but at an inflated price of about $1000. So sad.

Sideshow garbage status confirmed.

Top Bottom