• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Messi

I don't dislike Rocafort and as for Alphona I loved his style back at Runaways but really don't like his work on Ms Marvel

Don't really see the need to be making posts like these just to get a rise out of people, needlessly dickish.

Rocafort is great though in that over designed 90's anime way.

It's what he does. He has done it with me multiple times recently. He seems to have some issue with me. But is more than happy to take pot shots. He can deny it,I really don't care lol.

Both have good artists. Kinda hard to choose especially since there are some great artists who work for both companies (Quinones for example).

For DC I like Babs Tarr, Annie Wu, Karl Kerschl, Emanuela Lupacchino, and Mikel Janin.

For Marvel I like Chris Samnee, Mike Allred, Erica Henderson, Daniel Acuna, and Dustin Weaver.

Kinda hard to really talk about Marvel since a lot of the ANAD books haven't even begun yet. I like what I've seen from Brittney Williams and Sanford Greene a LOT though. Greene's art in particular looks dope.

I'm only going off of active interior artists at Marvel/DC too.
My top ten overall artists at the moment are:
Amanda Conner
Mike Mignola
Duncan Fegredo
David Aja
JHW3
Cameron Stewart
Paul Pope
Annie Wu
Wes Craig
Chris Samnee

ElNarez

Banned
Don't really see the need to be making posts like these just to get a rise out of people, needlessly dickish.

I want Rocafort to work in a strict 9-grid once. Just to see what would happen.

I don't dislike Rocafort and as for Alphona I loved his style back at Runaways but really don't like his work on Ms Marvel

It's what he does. He has done it with me multiple times recently. He seems to have some issue with me. But is more than happy to take pot shots. He can deny it,I really don't care lol.

Multiple times? Da fuck?

Yeah, there's never joking posts in these threads. Interesting how real dickish posts aren't called out but saying someone isn't a good artist is a personal attack and proves that someone has a serious problem with another poster. What a fucking joke.

VanWinkle

I accidentally left my tablet at work, which has given me a chance to read some of my physical stuff. Finished Afterlife with Archie vol 1 like I said, and now starting Superman Birthright.

Messi

Multiple times? Da fuck?

Yeah, there's never joking posts in these threads. Interesting how real dickish posts aren't called out but saying someone isn't a good artist is a personal attack and proves that someone has a serious problem with another poster. What a fucking joke.

You know what you were doing its OK.

Hagi

Least we're on the same page.

tumblr_inline_ndf96rpOfv1rutr7h.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
Ain't gonna lie. There has been a lot of passive aggressiveness in this thread. I don't know where it's coming from or where it's being aimed at but I can feel it.

Don't listen to me.

This is what happens when week-comic-gaf sticks around and weekend-comic-gaf doesn't happen, the pressure builds and the next thing you know Hagi, Messi, and... Kenpachi, that's his name, are getting all passive-aggresive.

I haven't read The Omega Men (waiting to buy it in collected edition form), but I just looked at some pages and the art does indeed look wonderful.

Read this first.

It's 11 pages and totally free, so technically has infinite value.

You're all fucking terrible. I love all of you.

You're terrible. You made me buy that Sandman statue. At least I got it from Amazon for like, $50 after using some points from my Amazon Visa.

But I had to get it to go with the Death statue... and the Sandman Overture hardcover comes out in a few weeks. I would have bought it anyway.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
We've only got a few hours left to make WeekendComicsGAF happen and redeem ourselves. GoGoGo!

VanWinkle

This is what happens when week-comic-gaf sticks around and weekend-comic-gaf doesn't happen, the pressure builds and the next thing you know Hagi, Messi, and... Kenpachi, that's his name, are getting all passive-aggresive.

Read this first.

It's 11 pages and totally free, so technically has infinite value.

I will read that when I get my tablet back from work tomorrow.

You're terrible. You made me buy that Sandman statue. At least I got it from Amazon for like, $50 after using some points from my Amazon Visa.

But I had to get it to go with the Death statue... and the Sandman Overture hardcover comes out in a few weeks. I would have bought it anyway.

The death statue looks great, wish the Orpheus one looked as good.

Hagi

WeekendComicsGAF is past Kipp, we're into NormalWeekGaf now. You were too busy buying cool Godzilla figures to notice.

Zombine

Banned

Joke's on you I was in it for the long con. The statue is horrible and you just threw away $50.

tumblr_m1v6dzg6lu1qc2lxn.gif

its a beautiful piece

:(

What's that from again?

Uzumaki

Owzers

Yo what the fuck? Why are you personally attacking Messi? This is getting old.

Why does the eye have a shadow eye next to it?

I'm saving Rockets talk until the NBA season starts next week. They could be good?

Spoiler: They are the Rockets. Getting Ty Lawson was a good move though .

In overture or the normal ones? He face on the statue looks too much like some real life actor but I can't quite place it...

Overture, as that's what the statue was made to tie into. See how long the wait was from one issue to the next!? They managed to make a statue in the time it took to get the whole series out. Thanks a lot, Gaiman.

Williams layouts beautiful as always.

Messi

I'm saving Rockets talk until the NBA season starts next week. They could be good?

Spoiler: They are the Rockets.

Can't wait for comicgaf Rockets talk! It was great last year. Will Dwight stay healthy?
He's already hurt
will Harden mentain beast mode? can TY Lawson stay in the NBA? what does pat Beverley even do? Clint Capella 2016?

Overture, as that's what the statue was made to tie into. See how long the wait was from one issue to the next!? They managed to make a statue in the time it took to get the whole series out. Thanks a lot, Gaiman.

Williams layouts beautiful as always.

:lol Did it take over a year for the 6 issues. I haven't read them yet but I remember having them on my pull list and it just finished. It's just something about his face I don't like, I'll have to look at some art from overture, I've only really looked at the normal series.

In your opinion as a whole who has better artists Marvel or DC?

What artists swing your decision, 5 max pls.

Hmm probably equal-ish between publishers right now imo I'd give a small edge to Marvel since they seem to have their top artists producing more material for them than DC

Marvel
Marquez
Pichelli
Del Mundo
Coipel
Ribic

DC
Capullo
JHIII
Hitch
Tarr
Paquette

There are waaay more than that to appreciate though. I really liked what I saw from We Are Robin's artist.

you know what, Mark Millar gets the top artists so Millarworld actually has all the good ones

think about it
Yu, McNiven, Gibbons, Parlov, Quitely, JG Jones, Sean Murphy, Albuquerque, Peter Gross and Fegredo

in the future:
Immonen, Jae Lee, and Sienkiewicz

The 'worst' artist he's had is JRJR

Top Bottom