• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, why does everybody think that Eternal Darkness is scary? Played the first two level and beside the Lovecraft references, I failed to see why this is supposed to be a horror game.

The most terrifying thing I noticed that the game doesnt save my progress.

Afrodium

Banned
Rock of Ages is so good. There's concepts in here that would be entire arcs in most books but Morrison plays with them for like 1/3 of an issue before moving on.

Rock of Ages is so good. There's concepts in here that would be entire arcs in most books but Morrison plays with them for like 1/3 of an issue before moving on.

Isnt that a Morrison thing though? Most issues of All star superman would be multi issue arcs in the hands of other writers. The dinosaur invasion scene would be a six plus issue arc. Its like two pages.

Reading through soule's red lantern, I really like his sense of humor. It's a shame his run is so short. I'll have to check out his marvel work whenever I get around to that.

PsychBat!

Banned
04_akirasf01.jpg

VanWinkle

Guys, question about Afterlife with Archie. I'm only about 30% into volume one. I was just wondering if the whole series is about this story with Jughead and his dog, or if there are multiple stories that happen?

PsychBat!

Banned
In your opinion as a whole who has better artists Marvel or DC?

What artists swing your decision, 5 max pls.

Marvel (in no order)
Esad Ribic
Chris Samnee
Chris Bachalo
Dustin Weaver
Jim Cheung
Guiseppe Camuncoli
Ryan Stegman

sorry if that wasn't 5. I just got excited.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kingsman was pretty damn good. It was also pretty obviously the work of Mark Millar.

ElNarez

Banned
You can get a pretty good list with DC artists too, like, Capullo, Rossmo, Mahnke, Gleason, Daniel, Hitch, Manapul, Fabok, Janin, Kerschl, and I could go on for a while.

Who's got the worst artists, though? That's Marvel EASY.

Messi

Finished Afterlife with Archie Vol 1. Man that was fantastic. I'm not a horror fan, but I loved it.

Yeah, I thought it was incredible. There are 3 more issues out which you can get digitally but the other two issues of vol 2 are nowhere to be seen. Issue 6 is INCREDIBLE.

Squire

Banned
Marvel (in no order)
Esad Ribic
Chris Samnee
Chris Bachalo
Dustin Weaver
Jim Cheung
Guiseppe Camuncoli
Ryan Stegman

sorry if that wasn't 5. I just got excited.

Surprised you listed the last two. I didn't really mind them on Hickman's F4/FF, but I definitely missed Epting and Kitson.

Stegman in particular is rather low-tier. Like, I know I was defending him a couple weeks ago and he's not horrible, but I realized I'm probably going to catch Uncanny Avengers on MU because his art isn't worth $4 every month.

You can get a pretty good list with DC artists too, like, Capullo, Rossmo, Mahnke, Gleason, Daniel, Hitch, Manapul, Fabok, Janin, Kerschl, and I could go on for a while.

Who's got the worst artists, though? That's Marvel EASY.

Pretty much my estimation as well, yeah. I dig the "house style" of DC and the consistency that comes with it. And I'm generally not very taken with more cartoon-y art. I haven't been into cartoons in probably a decade.

PsychBat!

Banned
Surprised you listed the last two. I didn't really mind them on Hickman's F4/FF, but I definitely missed Epting and Kitson.

Stegman in particular is rather low-tier. Like, I know I was defending him a couple weeks ago and he's not horrible, but I realized I'm probably going to catch Uncanny Avengers on MU because his art isn't worth $4 every month.

His art is definitely worth the price on Superior Spider-Man.

OH
Daniel Acuña and Jerome Opeña

there I'm done

VanWinkle

Yeah, I prefer DC's slate of artists. Beyond yours, I'd also add Dustin Nguyen, Jim Lee, and Gary Frank. I also think Alex Ross has done more work on DC, IIRC.

Yeah, I thought it was incredible. There are 3 more issues out which you can get digitally but the other two issues of vol 2 are nowhere to be seen. Issue 6 is INCREDIBLE.

Awesome. I have volume 2 preordered and ready to go for whenever it comes out.

Owzers

WWE Hell in a Cell is bad so far and will continue to be bad.

I like Marvel's artist round up better, Allred, Quinones, other people. I don't read dc books anymore though...

Shitpan Sejunk would have been funnier, at least.

Rica dirt is drawing Ultimates for Ewing.

I was trying to think of something but after studying for 7 hours, my brain is slightly fried.

Lol did I hurt your feelings enough that you had to try and attack me. How sad.

:lol You've been sensitive since I've been in this thread for like two weeks and whining for attention that I was attacking you or something. Keep being a drama queens :lol :lol

Top Bottom