• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

It feels good to be on top now that Messi is gone.

tumblr_mc5b21T1Ur1rpike2o8_250.gif

But he's posting more now that he's "gone" than before....

Hagi

Is Overture finally finished? I only ever bought one issue and it looked amazing but the story never grabbed me. Totally fell to the back of my mind so never picked up the rest of the issues.

Is Overture finally finished? I ever bought one issue and it looked amazing but the story never grabbed me. Totally fell to the back of my mind so never picked up the rest of the issues.

It should be, #6 came out in the past month. I could have sworn that was the last of it.

Also, who was the artist for the good green arrow run? No one seems to mention him.

Zombine

Banned
Is Overture finally finished? I only ever bought one issue and it looked amazing but the story never grabbed me. Totally fell to the back of my mind so never picked up the rest of the issues.

It's finally finished. HC Comes out in like 2 weeks.

I'm retired bros.

Hagi

It should be, #6 came out in the past month. I could have sworn that was the last of it.

Also, who was the artist for the good green arrow run? No one seems to mention him.

Oh that's cool I'll have to pick up the deluxe when it comes out. I think you mean Andrea Sorrentino? he's working with Lemire on Hawkeye and he just did Old Man Logan as well.

Edit

Yeah, deluxe hardcover drops next week.

I'm retired bros.

Thanking you.

Yeah, deluxe hardcover drops next week.

I'm retired bros.

Do you think they'll make an absolute? It feels to small to make it but I want it to match the others. :(

Oh that's cool I'll have to pick up the deluxe when it comes out. I think you mean Andrea Sorrentino? he's working with Lemire on Hawkeye and he just did Old Man Logan as well.

Yeah, that seems to be the guy. I loved the art for the outsiders war and was probably at least 50% of why I enjoyed it so much.

Superman #43 ;_;

Surprised to see Cap below him.

I didn't know Shark was a somewhat popular halloween costume.

People dig land sharks, man.

Hmm probably equal-ish between publishers right now imo I'd give a small edge to Marvel since they seem to have their top artists producing more material for them than DC

Marvel
Marquez
Pichelli
Del Mundo
Coipel
Ribic

DC
Capullo
JHIII
Hitch
Tarr
Paquette

There are waaay more than that to appreciate though. I really liked what I saw from We Are Robin's artist.

you know what, Mark Millar gets the top artists so Millarworld actually has all the good ones

think about it
Yu, McNiven, Gibbons, Parlov, Quitely, JG Jones, Sean Murphy, Albuquerque, Peter Gross and Fegredo

in the future:
Immonen, Jae Lee, and Sienkiewicz

The 'worst' artist he's had is JRJR

Speaking of We Are Robin, how about James Harvey's work last issue? Astonishing.

Hagi

Do you think they'll make an absolute? It feels to small to make it but I want it to match the others. :(

Yeah, that seems to be the guy. I loved the art for the outsiders war and was probably at least 50% of why I enjoyed it so much.

Ignore what I said about Hawkeye that's Ramon Perez. I never really liked Lemires run on Green Arrow much but yeah the art is amazing.

Nah.

ABSOLUTEly

If they do, chances are they'll charge $75 or so, unless they can slap together some extra material to bind it together with. Absolute Watchmen was $75.

Yeah, but that was at least 400 pages... This has to be ~144 no? But yeah, that price tag is why I haven't bought any others even thought they're nice. The batman ones were crazy expensive too.

Ignore what I said about Hawkeye that's Ramon Perez. I never really liked Lemires run on Green Arrow much but yeah the art is amazing.

I can respect that, that's the only green arrow I've ever read and I was really taken by the art so it was really enjoyable for me.

In overture or the normal ones? He face on the statue looks too much like some real life actor but I can't quite place it...

You're right, looks a little bit like that cat from Pet Cemetary. Though I did think the eyes would be a more glowy yellow.

I can't seem to bring myself to buy Absolute 5 and Absolute Death. Maybe amongst those and the overture issues, there is one Absoltue edition that is worth the money.

Another week another statue lol damn. Harley by Dini

That 12.5" Batgirl was supposed to drop this week, but is now MIA. BBTS and Entertainment Earth are both showing November now.

Yeah, but that was at least 400 pages... This has to be ~144 no? But yeah, that price tag is why I haven't bought any others even thought they're nice. The batman ones were crazy expensive too.

Overture is around 250, I think.

Hagi

I can respect that, that's the only green arrow I've ever read and I was really taken by the art so it was really enjoyable for me.

You should give Green Arrow Year One a try. The TV show borrows heavily from it but the comic is actually good and has amazing art from Jock. Haven't really read a lot of solo GA myself really he's much more a character I experience in other peoples books.

You should give Green Arrow Year One a try. The TV show borrows heavily from it but the comic is actually good and has amazing art from Jock. Haven't really read a lot of solo GA myself really he's much more a character I experience in other peoples books.

Ah, that might have been the one recommended before. I remember one was when I was on my green arrow high but could one think of the kevin smith one but felt like that wasn't the one recommended.

It's only $7 so I'll have to tack it on to my next spending spree. Thanks!

That 12.5" Batgirl was supposed to drop this week, but is now MIA. BBTS and Entertainment Earth are both showing November now.

Overture is around 250, I think.

Damn, surprised 6 issues would have such a high page count. I remember the 144 marvel books are usually like 5 issues I think? Maybe 6.

Hagi

2k?

NBA live is the truth.

Almost done with Fatal Attraction. <200 pages remain.

This is like that moment in Pokemon games when you run into a shiny mewtwo. I'm not big into sales numbers but I audibly gasped when I read how big a bomb Live was this year, like damn. If I was actually into Basketball though I'd probably give it a try.

It's absolutely terrible lol.

I watched a little after Alex went over the story on the Beastcast and yeah proper Spike Lee Joint indeed lol

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Don't be sad I saw your pics of Destroyah, money well spent. Now get the humongous Biolannte monsterarts!

Hehe. I actually just finished posing him a bit more. His soulless black eyes creep me out so much. It's amazing.

And oh man... I'm not sure I could ever put the money down for Biollante. He goes for $450. I'd much sooner buy an X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla.

Kipp

giphy.gif

ComicGAF

43d04164312430b0752308b07fdeeecb.jpg

I'm so confused. I don't speak gif.

This is like that moment in Pokemon games when you run into a shiny mewtwo. I'm not big into sales numbers but I audibly gasped when I read how big a bomb Live was this year, like damn. If I was actually into Basketball though I'd probably give it a try.

I watched a little after Alex went over the story on the Beastcast and yeah proper Spike Lee Joint indeed lol

Nah, they've been a bug riddled mess for years now. I wouldn't even give them a shot. It's a shame there's no competition in sports games anymore.

Messi

Hehe. I actually just finished posing him a bit more. His soulless black eyes creep me out so much. It's amazing.

And oh man... I'm not sure I could ever put the money down for Biollante. He goes for $450. I'd much sooner buy an X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla.

I'm so confused. I don't speak gif.

YOU ABANDONDED US

Yeah I have this one. She's beautiful.

Jealous! I've never even read a Sandman comic but that is one sexy fucking statue.

Reading through soule's red lantern, I really like his sense of humor. It's a shame his run is so short. I'll have to check out his marvel work whenever I get around to that.

This run made me a huge Red Guy fan, and RLs fan in general.

Good thing Shitpan Sejic doesn't draw for Marvel or DC then.

This is such a stunning opinion. I hadn't ever appreciated monsters until Sejic. What he did with Rat Queens was some of the best comics work I've seen.

Hagi

Oh. Right. Sorry. :(
But look what I have to show for it! :D

This is why I don't feel so bad abandoning you guys.

Hah they are so cool, I love Godzilla so I really need to buy one some time. Had no idea Biollante was so expensive lol

Wait, what's the 2k16 story? I haven't bought it this year but there seems to be positivity in the threads.

We were talking about the bat shit crazy story mode. From what I hear the game is as good as it's ever been so YMMV

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Kipp with that binge spending.

This is how it's done.... Now when the economy collapses, you'll still have something to show for it. :D

When I do spend my money, I spend my money right. Haha

Hah they are so cool, I love Godzilla so I really need to buy one some time. Had no idea Biollante was so expensive lol

Yes you do. If you just get one, I'd highly recommend this one. It's my favorite Monsterarts alongside Kiryu. It's so menacing and badass.

And yeah, Biollante is crazy expensive. Though to be fair, even his MSRP was $230 which is the most expensive Monsterarts. I'd probably buy him at $230 if he ever got a re-release though.

Hagi

When I do spend my money, I spend my money right. Haha

Yes you do. If you just get one, I'd highly recommend this one. It's my favorite Monsterarts alongside Kiryu. It's so menacing and badass.

And yeah, Biollante is crazy expensive. Though to be fair, even his MSRP was $230 which is the most expensive Monsterarts. I'd probably buy him at $230 if he ever got a re-release though.

I was thinking about getting the 1964 version, I really love the earlier suits. The Showa films are my favourite as well. If I was to get a villain Kaiju it would have to be King Ghidorah.

I'm jealous that you can just buy them straight from Amazon, I have no other option than importing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
you know what, Mark Millar gets the top artists so Millarworld actually has all the good ones

think about it
Yu, McNiven, Gibbons, Parlov, Quitely, JG Jones, Sean Murphy, Albuquerque, Peter Gross and Fegredo

in the future:
Immonen, Jae Lee, and Sienkiewicz

The 'worst' artist he's had is JRJR
Millar scored Capullo for something next year, too. Movie money can pull in anyone.

Top Bottom