• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Here's the part where I talk to myself about Rachel Rising. So, I'm halfway caught up. Read through issue 18. Oh my god, how many times is Rachel
gonna die?? And Carol killing them all? But she's catholic!?!? My girlfriend says maybe it wasn't her, after all. I dunno

Messi

Here's the part where I talk to myself about Rachel Rising. So, I'm halfway caught up. Read through issue 18. Oh my god, how many times is Rachel
gonna die?? And Carol killing them all? But she's catholic!?!? My girlfriend says maybe it wasn't her, after all. I dunno

That shit was ruthless.

dying is kind of Rachels thing but Carol killing them was ruthless.

Anyway now I want to talk about comics for some reason!!!!

I caught up with We Stand On Guard. Anyone know if it's an ongoing? That last page was fire (
LITERALLY???
)

Also read Earth 2 #2 (I'm super behind.) Really fond of this book.

Oh and how the HELL was there not an explosion of discussion when this Snyder/Jock Batman issue came out? Holy fuck, ripped from today's headlines. Just jawdropping and heartbreaking. Possibly the most effective piece of fiction about police brutality in any medium that I've seen.

Anyone else read that issue of Batman?

It really was such an AMAZING issue. I think there was a little discussion about it (pretty sure I wrote a little bit).

Batman and Superman both have done bits on that particular issue, which is interesting.

Squire

Banned
every other week I pop my head in here to see if this thread could be any more awful than it was last time. GIF spam, random Smash Mouth lyric spam, idiotic Sunstone argumentation, insular community memes, people admiting watching WWE (IN 2015)

shoutouts to the tryant raves of the world who try to read/talk about fuckin comic books from time to time, but I don't think you're welcome here anymore

-dead-klaus-33596543-500-281.gif

TyRave is also my favorite

It really was such an AMAZING issue. I think there was a little discussion about it (pretty sure I wrote a little bit).

Batman and Superman both have done bits on that particular issue, which is interesting.

I'd say it was my favourite issue of Batman since Court of Owls. The story was a lot more engaging than anything we've had over the past couple of arcs and the ending was really unexpected.

IIRC I read it again straight after finishing it and I never do that.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
every other week I pop my head in here to see if this thread could be any more awful than it was last time. GIF spam, random Smash Mouth lyric spam, idiotic Sunstone argumentation, insular community memes, people admiting watching WWE (IN 2015)

shoutouts to the tryant raves of the world who try to read/talk about fuckin comic books from time to time, but I don't think you're welcome here anymore
I kinda second the sentiment, but without the vitriol really.

The third Deadly Class trade is waiting for me, gonna read it FAST.

Love how the book started as "Harry Potter, but with assassins" but rapidly went into troubled youth shennanigans. I don't know why but it feels really special to me, I really feel like Remender poured a lot of his shitty childhood in it.

I should probably get back to reading MU and Afterlife With Archie. Maybe later this week.

I haven't actually bought comics in months, though. I still haven't finished Saga of the Swamp Thing. What's wrong with me?

Love how the book started as "Harry Potter, but with assassins" but rapidly went into troubled youth shennanigans. I don't know why but it feels really special to me, I really feel like Remender poured a lot of his shitty childhood in it.

Wait until you finish that trade/catch up. The way he brings it all together
hoooo-eeee

I really don't think We Stand On Guard was intended to be an academic study about a possible american occupation of Canada.I read these 5/10 IGN reviews n shit and I think they missed the point,the whole thing feels tongue in cheek,but thats just me.
I don't live in either countries,didnt change my opinion about them either and I dont think it tried to,just a simple one and done story.

Hagi

I really don't think We Stand On Guard was intended to be an academic study about a possible american occupation of Canada.I read these 5/10 IGN reviews n shit and I think they missed the point,the whole thing feels tongue in cheek,but thats just me.
I don't live in either countries,didnt change my opinion about them either and I dont think it tried to,just a simple one and done story.

This was my thinking really, I was sold on the giant mechs and robot dogs though. It's very much Wolfenstein The New Order set in a future Canada and that's totally my shit.

VanWinkle

Anyway now I want to talk about comics for some reason!!!!

I caught up with We Stand On Guard. Anyone know if it's an ongoing? That last page was fire (
LITERALLY???
)

Also read Earth 2 #2 (I'm super behind.) Really fond of this book.

Oh and how the HELL was there not an explosion of discussion when this Snyder/Jock Batman issue came out? Holy fuck, ripped from today's headlines. Just jawdropping and heartbreaking. Possibly the most effective piece of fiction about police brutality in any medium that I've seen.

Anyone else read that issue of Batman?

What issue are you talking about? You didn't say.

What issue are you talking about? You didn't say.

#44. It's not been collected yet, so you won't have read it...

Bah.

Anyway, Grant Morrison's JLA is... interesting. Partway through volume 2 atm. It's good, but... I guess it was overhyped a little for me. Because atm what I'm mostly getting is rock-solid but unexceptional Justice League shenanigans with a Morrison-y tint of wacky psuedoscience. It's highly entertaining stuff, mind, but it really isn't that much better than what we're getting nowadays, and with a few exceptions I'd put it below the current JL arc.

Oh, and the art is pretty rough.

You can join the rest of us in waiting months for the book to come back :(

But this has been maybe my favorite read in a while, it's sooooo good.

I dont even think its that bad, we always come back to Comics and there is always more talk about them then about everything else

I've always found this place to be more about the people than what in particular we talk about. Then there was that time Korupt got mad because there wasn't enough DC talk for his liking.

I don't get the "EVERYONE SHUT UP AND TALK ABOUT WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT" mentality.

Messi

What? It's on a hiatus?

With TTOB gone, the spirit of crankyness found a new host to inhabit.

All of Remender's books take breaks after each arc to allow him and the artists to stay ahead and let's him keep the same creative teams. Low is on hiatus now too

Vyer

Have you seen the Joker Mobile? Maybe he will be later DLC in Need for Speed Underground.

Man, I think I will continue to go in Marvel movies when I want to see costumes that are faithfull to the original.

You want the purple tux?

Kinda been done. Not too mention we are not that far removed from a great portrayal of that Joker.

I appreciate that they want to differentiate

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You want the purple tux?

Kinda been done. Not too mention we are not that far removed from a great portrayal of that Joker.

I appreciate that they want to differentiate
Then dont give him sweatpants. And dont put tatoos all over him #damaged

Okay, so the final two issues of Time Runs Out hit Marvel Unlimited today, thus wrapping up Hickman's Avengers run.

Holy shit. I fell like I need to immediately re-read the whole thing.

Question: How come in the final incursion
Ultimate SHIELD had to invade 616 instead of Ultimate Reed just casually flipping a lever and blowing it up like he did in the second to last incursion just prior to that
?

Also, did
Steve and Tony die fighting each other?
I guess that will be explained in Secret Wars #1, actually.

Also, what did Strange see in the chasm that made him say "holy shit" just before
he, Doom and MM went off to confront the Beyonders
?

Vyer

Then dont give him sweatpants. And dont put tatoos all over him #damaged

I'm not a fan of the tatoos, but then again I've never been a fan of the face tatoos I've seen in any mugshot ever.

I've really appreciated Marvel pulling so well from the source material. It's something I've wanted studios to do with comic movies for a long time. But that doesn't mean I want creators to stop taking some risks with their adaptations either.

Nolan's trilogy didn't exactly stay close to the source or get 'accurate' costumes either, but I'm still really glad they exist
well maybe not Rises :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Nolan's trilogy didn't exactly stay close to the source or get 'accurate' costumes either, but I'm still really glad they exist
well maybe not Rises :p

I actually think that Nolans Designs, maybe beside Ras Al Ghul, arent that far away from their comicbook counterparts.

They're not sweatpants, they're scrubs. He's wearing them in Arkham.

And besides, have you seen the BvS costumes? DC's doing fine on that front.

Or scrubs^^ People in the thread called it sweatpants, I would call it Jogginghosen :D

and yeah, the BvS Costumes look ok, even while Batflack looks a little bit like Alfred made him to much pancakes.

Sadist

Leto will be a great Joker no doubt, but even if this costume from earlier in the movie... dunno, it's not making me go WOW. I remember when they revealed Ledger's Joker for the first time (just the make up and smeared out lipstick) it blew my mind. I dunno, I feel they're trying to make Joker look more EXTREME AND MORE MODERN LOOK AT IT.

Okay, so the final two issues of Time Runs Out hit Marvel Unlimited today, thus wrapping up Hickman's Avengers run.

Holy shit. I fell like I need to immediately re-read the whole thing.

Question: How come in the final incursion
Ultimate SHIELD had to invade 616 instead of Ultimate Reed just casually flipping a lever and blowing it up like he did in the second to last incursion just prior to that
?

Also, did
Steve and Tony die fighting each other?
I guess that will be explained in Secret Wars #1, actually.

Also, what did Strange see in the chasm that made him say "holy shit" just before
he, Doom and MM went off to confront the Beyonders
?
For your first spoiler;

Even if Ultimate Reed would have destroyed 616, the Beyonders would have come for 1610. Or, you know, that's how I understood it. Ultimate Reed didn't know, but he was more about self preservation rather than saving planets.

Spoiler #2 and 3

Read Secret Wars :)

Have you seen the Joker Mobile? Maybe he will be later DLC in Need for Speed Underground.

Man, I think I will continue to go in Marvel movies when I want to see costumes that are faithfull to the original.

Joker has worn the purple suit once in the last 5 or so years in the comics. Do you actually read them? He was sporting a black suit and a undercut the last time he was around. Before that he was wearing janitor coveralls. Joker wore different costumes in Grant Morrison's run. I guess you shouldn't read those because none of them fit your limited view of what a character should or shouldn't be. Joker is more than a fucking suit.

Stop being so fucking conservative and enjoy that change can be good. Especially in film where performance and story > design.

Top Bottom